Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th June 2012, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Legendary Mini Cooper S -An unofficial enthusiast's review

Ah the rich mans Swift
Wonder how the wheels would look on our Swift. Nice car and used to drive a Mini when launched in U.S belonging to a colleague. Think its too pricey and needless for India.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 06:05   #17
BHPian

All I can add is that this is one heck of a car. I have a US 2002 model Cooper S and it is still as much fun to drive as it was new! Slightly modified with a supercharger reduction pulley for more boost, air intake, ignition upgrades, and a Dinan exhaust. The car has held together well for 10 years, and still looks good! Find a good twisty road, and you will put BMW's and Audi's to shame....trust me it has been done on the track at Laguna Seca and also on public roads.

Nice pics....wish it was priced more realistically.
benz220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 21:38   #18
BHPian

Lovely review Rishi. I guess I echo sentiments of Behram too in this case.
Maybe Some day I will
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
If I had the money, an oil well and a secure parking space, maybe ---.
Regards
Sid
Safari_Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2012, 22:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz220
All I can add is that this is one heck of a car. I have a US 2002 model Cooper S and it is still as much fun to drive as it was new! Slightly modified with a supercharger reduction pulley for more boost, air intake, ignition upgrades, and a Dinan exhaust. The car has held together well for 10 years, and still looks good! Find a good twisty road, and you will put BMW's and Audi's to shame....trust me it has been done on the track at Laguna Seca and also on public roads.

Nice pics....wish it was priced more realistically.
Thanks benz220, I am glad you liked it. Yes, I think price is steep but then I guess BMW wants to maintain its exclusivity and custom duties only add to the cost as this is a CBU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Sid
Lovely review Rishi. I guess I echo sentiments of Behram too in this case.
Maybe Some day I will

Regards
Sid
Thanks Safari_Sid. I agree with you and Behram, someday...definitely
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote