Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 10:59   #16
BHPian
 
KL01BE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kollam
Posts: 76
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Hi Sparkled, just wanted to share a doubt my friend asked me yesterday. He owns a Figo Titanium. Regarding the rear lamps, even after twisting the switch and even after pulling the switch out in two stages, there was no changes in the rear lighting (the rear fog lamp was expected to turn ON by this). Does one need to install the additional bulbs in the rear or is there anything else needed to be done to turn on the rear fog lamps (I read somewhere in T-Bhp that rear fog lamp essentially means brighter version of tail lamps)
KL01BE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:00   #17
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Congrats Sparkled on your new purchase and completely agree with your views. Figo is still the best VFM car at that price point. Handling and ride is outstanding for a car of its size. I have an Ikon and Figo and I actually find Figo a better handler since the suspension setup on Figo is slightly more stiff than Ikon.

Regarding the engine sound my experience is that gradually after ~2K kms the engine does smoothen out and is fairly quiet till 2500rpm, beyond that it does get audible. The idling clatter however does not go away and is much louder compared to the 1.3 DDIS engine.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:42   #18
BHPian
 
DRIVE_ADDICT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 409
Thanked: 180 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
Regarding the rear lamps, even after twisting the switch and even after pulling the switch out in two stages, there was no changes in the rear lighting (the rear fog lamp was expected to turn ON by this). Does one need to install the additional bulbs in the rear or is there anything else needed to be done to turn on the rear fog lamps (I read somewhere in T-Bhp that rear fog lamp essentially means brighter version of tail lamps)
There is no rear fog lamps in Figo. The switch contains the option and the rear light console does have empty slots, but its not wired. One needs to add it as DIY if he wish. Here is a thread which contains details about it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...i-shocker.html (White Ford Figo 1.4 Tdci - The Shocker)
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 11:55   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon/Bangalore, India
Posts: 33
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Congrats on new acquisition Sparkled. Figo definitely is nice car but I do not consider it VFM now. with 6.5 L OTR for top end. Agree with your views on Ritz and how it compares with Figo. Ritz feels lot more powerful though its just 75 PS while Figo at 68 is lot more linear. What Ritz looses is the Airbags (ZDI variant) as VDI already has ABS. IMO ritz could have had better numbers(sale) if they had a ZDI.
Safari_Sid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 20:49   #20
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 934
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Sid View Post
Congrats on new acquisition Sparkled. Figo definitely is nice car but I do not consider it VFM now. with 6.5 L OTR for top end. Agree with your views on Ritz and how it compares with Figo. Ritz feels lot more powerful though its just 75 PS while Figo at 68 is lot more linear. What Ritz looses is the Airbags (ZDI variant) as VDI already has ABS. IMO ritz could have had better numbers(sale) if they had a ZDI.
I respect your opinion, and yes the Titanium is a lot more expensive that before, but then what other car in its category gives gives you as much equipment and driving pleasure at its price point?

Like I said in my opening post, the Swift Vdi has a lot of equipment missing and the Liva too misses out some crucial piece of equipment at the price point of a Titanium diesel. The Ritz Vdi may be cheaper and ABS is optional and not standard as you may believe, but with it too misses some important equipment. So does the Micra and the Pulse which are bit more expensive. The Punto and the Polo are way more expensive. That leaves us with the Vista, whose top end may have all the equipment and space but loses out in driving pleasure and a lifeless steering.

Last edited by SPARKled : 29th June 2012 at 20:52.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 15:16   #21
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 934
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

My TDCi completed 1100 kms yesterday and this included 2 long drives including one of the Mumbai - Pune expressway. The cars handling abilities were futher put to test on the khandala ghat section and I could consistently maintain a faster speed and needed lesser steering corrections than my friends swift, (old Vxi) which I had a chance to drive as well on the same day. Without a doubt the Figo must be the best handling hatch less than 10L (Not too sure if the new Swift Zdi is better).

But apart from the brilliant AC and the handling characteristcis, there is a huge amount of ratting and squeaking coming from the rear, which reduces by a noticable amount when the rear seats are occupied. Not too sure what is the root cause of all these noises. But I am sorely disappointed that a car so new should have so many squeaks and rattles in just about 1100 kms.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 23:09   #22
BHPian
 
SPARKled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 934
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Took my car for the 2500 kms first free service at Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai. Had a tough time to find it as I was totally unawere that they had shifted to a new location some where close to Turbhe naka.

Anyway told the service adviser of the problems faced especially the squeaking and rattling from the rear. A quick test drive later,the job card was opened and I left. But not before some 3M body care guy tried to sell me some sort of an under body coating for which I naturally refused.

The final bill that was given to me was Rs 382 whose break up in rounded figures is as follows:

Power steering fluid top up: 171
Engine Oil top up: 51
Wash liquid pouch: 55
4 foam pads: 61
VAT and taxes 42

I have never been charged for top before for any car that I have taken for service, but then I guess they never bothered to check if anything needed a top up before in the first inspection service, so could not argue with this

At 4 in the evening I was asked to pickup the car and now the car feels as good as new with all the squeaks and rattles gone. Hopefully these were not temporary fixes and squeaks and rattles will be gone for ever.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 16:14   #23
BHPian
 
VikrantD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Thane
Posts: 90
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo Titanium TDCi Panther Black (& quick comparo with the Maruti Ritz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Took my car for the 2500 kms first free service at Bhavna Ford, Navi Mumbai. Had a tough time to find it as I was totally unawere that they had shifted to a new location some where close to Turbhe naka.

Anyway told the service adviser of the problems faced especially the squeaking and rattling from the rear. A quick test drive later,the job card was opened and I left. But not before some 3M body care guy tried to sell me some sort of an under body coating for which I naturally refused.

The final bill that was given to me was Rs 382 whose break up in rounded figures is as follows:

Power steering fluid top up: 171
Engine Oil top up: 51
Wash liquid pouch: 55
4 foam pads: 61
VAT and taxes 42

I have never been charged for top before for any car that I have taken for service, but then I guess they never bothered to check if anything needed a top up before in the first inspection service, so could not argue with this

At 4 in the evening I was asked to pickup the car and now the car feels as good as new with all the squeaks and rattles gone. Hopefully these were not temporary fixes and squeaks and rattles will be gone for ever.
Reviving an Old Thread - Hi there buddy Sparkled. We had communicated earlier as even I owned a Spark. Got my Figo TDCI Titanium in May. I have crossed the 4500 mark. What surprises me is, why were you charged at the first service? I gave mine to SC Ford Malad as its closer to my work place. They did'nt charge me a single penny.

The car is bliss. It's a wonderful change moving from a Spark to a Figo. And its delivering a healthy 17 km/lt on the Thane Malad run (via godhbunder). Have not yet found time to pen down a review. Will do that soon.
VikrantD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Knight: My Panther Black Ford Endeavour 3.2L Titanium 4x4 dockap Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 14th September 2017 17:16
My Black Panther Ford Figo: 2 years & 40,000 kms! StepUP! Long-Term Ownership Reviews 11 16th March 2015 18:28
Ford Figo TDCI Vrs Tata Vista Aura+ - A comparo mail.jaiswal Hatchbacks 88 10th November 2011 13:02
PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update gr8guzzler Long-Term Ownership Reviews 143 18th July 2011 09:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks