Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th October 2012, 12:06   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrikantDora View Post
Hey KL01BE, did you by any chance check with the dealer if auto door lock can be enabled? It is a must have safety feature & I am still wondering how could Honda miss this? Cars in A or B segment comes with a auto door lock. Thanks in advance.

I checked with Honda and the service guy is of the opinion that it is better to avoid fixing after market central locks which have the auto lock function. The reason they say is that the gap between the door and the panel is very narrow and the spring which needs to installed breaks frequently.

They also told me that the current corporate models who have had installed the after market door locks are facing this problem.
KL01BE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
I am thinking of going for a Honda City at Pune. The festive season is here. But other than first year free insurance the dealers are offering nothing for the EMT model. Anybody has any other experience or discounts from the dealers anywhere else?
My sales guy here in Kerala told me that for the corporate model they are giving only the first year insurance free. For the higher models, they are offering cash discounts upto Rs 15,000 plus corporate discount Rs 5000/-
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01BE View Post
My sales guy here in Kerala told me that for the corporate model they are giving only the first year insurance free. For the higher models, they are offering cash discounts upto Rs 15,000 plus corporate discount Rs 5000/-
Well I finally booked the SMT model today. the recent price hike by Honda has taken the price up by nearly 75k in one year (on road) of which 6700 are 'handling charges' by the dealer. Is the common practice in Kerala too?
frequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 01:03   #34
BHPian

I know its pretty late to wish you here. But, i just got the membership. Saw your thread before when i was visiting as a guest. Glad to see another Trivy review of Honda City here. We too bought the Jazz almost during the same time, but my SA was different. This Red-Maroon color from the FCX CLarity looks very good with the chrome addons.

Wishing you thousands of happy miles with her.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2012, 14:34   #35
BHPian

Hi KL01BE,

I am considering getting a sedan pretty soon (after selling off our 2004 WagonR), and considering the mileage per month, a petrol sedan would suit us the best. Obviously then, the Honda City is a prime candidate.

Since you owned the Palio before, I had a question for you. Of the many cars under 10L I have had an experience of driving, I found, the steering of Palio to be very good. How would you compare the City steering compared to the Palio steering?

I have taken a test drive of the 2012 City recently (also took a test drive of the Palio back in 2008 when eventually we bought a Getz). However, ownership experience is much better than having a half an hour test drive, and hence the question.
asitkde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 10:22   #36
BHPian

Hi Asitkde,

Sorry for the late reply. I was kind of busy with some house hold affairs. Coming to your query, Palio's power steering is fully hydrolic and the response you get is excellent. Besides Palio is a heavy vehicle when compared to other hatch and gives you a fair amount of confidence while cornering at moderate and high speeds.

In the case of Palio's steering, one irritating problem is that the driver's manual instructs us not to rotate the steering to the fullest! i.e until you hear the "thud" - it is not advisable in Palio, may be because it puts more pressure on the hydrolic system.

City has EPS and the steering is very smooth. But the steering feed back is poor. On longer drives City's smooth steering is really a boon. That is one advantage of electric power steering.
KL01BE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2012, 16:13   #37

Hi friends, it's nice to see so many Honda owners bonding in this forum.
I'm a bit new around here. And am waiting to bring home my Honda City VAT in a couple of weeks time. Booked - just waiting for the new year to register the car - for some cheap thrills around a 2013 registration!
AT was a priority. Finally whittled down the choice to City & Verna. Diesel was a big attraction in the Verna. Eventually, a test drive nailed it.
I am not allowed to post new threads yet, I'm told. I'll share my joy, as it develops, here.
Cheers!
ognale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 10:51   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognale View Post
I'm a bit new around here. And am waiting to bring home my Honda City VAT in a couple of weeks time. Booked - just waiting for the new year to register the car - for some cheap thrills around a 2013 registration!
Congrats ognale, Welcome to T-bhp. Good to know about your choice for the "H" badge. Did you go in for the CNGed one or the pure petrol one?

Auto tranny makes sense in traffic. Plus with manual shifters at your thumb you het the best of both.

Hope she serves you well in a hassle free manner. Good Luck!!!
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 12:58   #39

Default Paddle shift tips please. Re: Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats ognale, Welcome to T-bhp. Good to know about your choice for the "H" badge. Did you go in for the CNGed one or the pure petrol one?

Auto tranny makes sense in traffic. Plus with manual shifters at your thumb you het the best of both.

Hope she serves you well in a hassle free manner. Good Luck!!!
Thanks, Arup!

Petrol it is. CNG is tough in Chennai and interior Tamil Nadu - that's where all my driving is bound to be in.

I was/am truly excited about the paddle shift! But am a bit unsure how I should use it & how to get the best out of this neat feature. Can someone help with some advice, please?
ognale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 16:22   #40
BHPian

Post Re: Honda City 2012 VMT. New member in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognale View Post
AT was a priority. Finally whittled down the choice to City & Verna. Diesel was a big attraction in the Verna. Eventually, a test drive nailed it.
Congratulations on acquiring the Honda City and welcome aboard Ognale. The City AT is a fun car to drive - the paddle shifts should only add to the excitement. The auto tranny on this i-VTEC is quite responsive and your left leg especially will appreciate the comfort in that Chennai traffic. I quite like the alloys on the V trim btw.

TD'ed the Verna CRDI on the highway huh? Did you corner or go over a bump at speed??!

I can only imagine what must've repelled you away from the Verna.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 17th December 2012 at 16:28.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 11:17   #41
BHPian

Welcome aboard Ognale!

I am sure you will have a lot of fun driving the Honda. What colour did you book? Is there any special offer now? Do keep us posted and lets hope that by the time you get your Honda, you could start your own thread. Keep posting.

Regards
KL01BE
Old 16th January 2013, 20:40   #42
BHPian

Congrats KL01BE for the ANHC.Truly an awesome vehicle.

By the way what was the ex-showroom price of your variant when you bought. Also how about the ground clearance on the 2012 model?
BinFord is offline   Reply With Quote