Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd August 2012, 15:41   #121
BHPian

Default re: "M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (20,000 Kms Update)

Really awesome pics and your grin says it all! Congrats on the ride and wishing you many happy safe miles! (Noted that you call the XUV "him" - nice!)

So, here comes the next question after "kitna dethi hai" - how do you like the boot space? With seven people onboard, atleast can we fit a few pieces of luggage in there? Or is it strictly just a 5 seater if we need to carry luggage?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:14   #122
BHPian

^^ The mileage has been around 10 in city and about 13-14 in highways.. And with 7 seats up.. you cannot have any luggage. Hardly, even a laptop bag will fit in that space. If you need to carry some luggage, you have to fold down atleast one seat in 3rd row essentially making it a six seater..If you have loads of luggage, then it will be a very comfortable 5 seater. Remember, the middle row is awesome and is like a football field with loads and loads of space..

So what I do is.. if I need to carry some luggage and at the same time move 7 people.. I put the luggage in front of the second row passengers. Even with luggage there is decent amount of leg room actually!!
Sathya_sc is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 19:05   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Great. and Best Wishes. Eager to see your ownership thread coming up. Pls post some pics of the monster as soon as you get him.
Sathya - took some time, but here it goes http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-way-xuvi.html.
cruzindeep is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 22:54   #124
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sathya, where are you? Haven't seen any update for almost a month.
Hope you are on a real long trip, enjoying the XUV with family and friends.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2012, 12:13   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Sathya, where are you? Haven't seen any update for almost a month.
Hope you are on a real long trip, enjoying the XUV with family and friends.
Hi SDP, Have been tied up with work over the last few weeks, so didn't have time to update the thread.

However, the Cheetah has clocked 8500kms in 2 months of ownership and is super good. No issues or niggles whatsoever.

Sep 2nd weekend, I am planning yet another long drive to the extent of 1000kms. Believe, the Cheetah will cross the first milestone of 10k kms in the next 2-3 weeks.

Over the 10 days, have been rejoicing my T-Jet with some adrenaline drives. Have given the Cheetah some rest after the gruelling first 45 days and 8500kms.

In short, ALL IS WELL with the Cheetah.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 30th August 2012 at 12:17.
Sathya_sc is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2012, 15:54   #126
BHPian

Hi Sathya, great looking rides you have my friend. Congrats! on the W6. Infact your thread was the one which I used to convince my better half that grey infact looks fabulous. ( since I had to opt for grey to shorten the delivery for the red). About service, I had a problem the moment I parked my car, driving straight from the showroom, the rear RHS passenger door wouldnt open. Called up a sales guy, within 5 minutes got a call from teh service manager and within 30 minutes a enitire gang of technicians were there at my place. They tried their tricks, couldnt succeed and then they changed the entire lock assembly and left. Total time take 20 mins. So service wise am happy. But the point is QC! What 'bout that?
me_sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2012, 21:09   #127
BHPian

Folks,

Time for an update.

My XUV crossed 10000kms in 75 days of ownership. Oh man, the amount of stress the vehicle has gone through, crazy is just an understatement. Having said that the vehicle has been really good and reliable.

The vehicle has seen almost all types of terrain, mud and slush, superb tarmac, flying over crazy speed breakers, absolutely no road conditions and what not. Probably, one thing that the XUV has not seen is Sand and Snow. Next year, it will see the latter though..

Just now back from a 1700kms round trip. Oh man, the amount of stress the vehicle went through (mainly from the engine perspective) is simply too much. Oh man, getting a high when I think the way the vehicle behaved. I am just loving it every moment. A truly "WORTHY" companion to my T-Jet. It is indeed a game changer in Indian SUV market. Hats off to Mahindra for really a good piece of engineering.

Now standing tall after a strenuous 10000 kms in just 75 days. The Legend is just born

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th September 2012 at 07:41. Reason: Deleting reference to high speed driving.
Sathya_sc is online now   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 08:48   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (10000Kms Update in 75days - Legend is just b

Quote:
My XUV crossed 10000kms in 75 days of ownership.
Holly! That's amazing on our roads. How is the XUV standing up to it? Any rattles? Do get an alignment check done.

And please post a picture of the Hawk before you wash it.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 09:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (10000Kms Update in 75days - Legend is just b

Quote:
Folks,
My XUV crossed 10000kms in 75 days of ownership.
Good to see your XUV doing what its born to do, munching miles. Had an opportunity to drive XUV for 200Kms, I absolutely agree with what you said about the machine, it can cruise at triple digit speed all day long without breaking a sweat. It was my first proper SUV driving experience, and boy I loved every bit of it. One Innova tried to keep up with us on the drive, but just couldn't manage .

The only thing I hated was, the noise produced, when the window(front left) is winding down and the grinding noise while applying brake.

Last edited by ecenandu : 10th September 2012 at 09:22.
ecenandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 14:35   #130
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: M(y) Hawk - Grey Mahindra XUV500 W6 (10000Kms Update in 75days - Legend is just b

Quote:
My XUV crossed 10000kms in 75 days of ownership. Oh man, the amount of stress the vehicle has gone through, crazy is just an understatement. Having said that the vehicle has been really good and reliable.
That is an awesome ownership Sathya. What is the overall fuel efficiency that you have been getting so far?

What speeds are you maintaining on the highway?
n.devdath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 17:02   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Holly! That's amazing on our roads. How is the XUV standing up to it? Any rattles? Do get an alignment check done.

And please post a picture of the Hawk before you wash it.
There are a few rattles. But none are bothersome and it comes only when I travel in really rough roads. Take it to the highway and you will forget everything. I must admit it has held itself well so far.

and reg. alignment, its time for 2nd service. But the vehicle is not pulling towards any direction in particular.. so alignment must be OK I guess. However I will get it checked soon. Here you go with a couple of pics. The color of the vehicle nicely masks the dirt in the Car (basically, in person, the car looks as though it is out from a battlefield - both interiors and exteriors)!

Name:  20120910 16.27.03.jpg
Views: 6015
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  20120910 16.29.05.jpg
Views: 3862
Size:  120.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Good to see your XUV doing what its born to do, munching miles. Had an opportunity to drive XUV for 200Kms, I absolutely agree with what you said about the machine, it can cruise at triple digit speed all day long without breaking a sweat. It was my first proper SUV driving experience, and boy I loved every bit of it. One Innova tried to keep up with us on the drive, but just couldn't manage .

The only thing I hated was, the noise produced, when the window(front left) is winding down and the grinding noise while applying brake.
True. Its one of the best highway cars available today. I doesn't break a sweat even at really good speeds. My brakes are not producing any noise now after the first service (they just cleaned the pads during 1st service). The left power window is slow and produces a weird noise but solves the purpose (Window closes and opens without a hitch.. so no worries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is an awesome ownership Sathya. What is the overall fuel efficiency that you have been getting so far?

What speeds are you maintaining on the highway?
Fuel efficiency has been around 11km/lt in City and it highway it gives me 12km/lt when you stress the engine heavily (sorry, I am not allowed to disclose the speeds here as per forum rules).

Generally, when you do moderate speeds (cruise at 100km/hr), the fuel eff. shoots up to 16km/lt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
Hi Sathya, great looking rides you have my friend. Congrats! on the W6. Infact your thread was the one which I used to convince my better half that grey infact looks fabulous. ( since I had to opt for grey to shorten the delivery for the red). About service, I had a problem the moment I parked my car, driving straight from the showroom, the rear RHS passenger door wouldnt open. Called up a sales guy, within 5 minutes got a call from teh service manager and within 30 minutes a enitire gang of technicians were there at my place. They tried their tricks, couldnt succeed and then they changed the entire lock assembly and left. Total time take 20 mins. So service wise am happy. But the point is QC! What 'bout that?
QC has a long way to improve. But the effort from an Indian Manufacturer in putting this up together as a product is commendable (good combination of power, handling, style and equipment). No questions on that part!

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 10th September 2012 at 17:18.
Sathya_sc is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2012, 19:39   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Time for an update.

Awesome! Congratulations Sathya!
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2012, 18:53   #133
BHPian

Default 12000Kms and 2nd Service Update

Hello Folks,

Its been a while since I updated the thread.

Yesterday completed 12000kms and the XUV is as new as it came out from the showroom. Meanwhile, 10000km service was over without any major hassles. This time I visited one another Service Center here at Chennai (IG) and the experience was good. After the Service, brake-grinding noise started.. strange isn't? Actually it was not there before the Service. But the brakes do the duty well, so no worries. I kind of ignore the grinding noise which comes at slow speeds only.

This week, the XUV went on a 1500kms trip and the experience was as usual.. FANTASTIC. The USP of this machine is its cruising ability. You can cruise at good triple digit speeds all day long with so much confidence. The mileage was 14.8km/lt on the highway and it is very decent when I compare it with the speeds and stress it was put through. All in all, one Happy Customer so far. Definitely this SUV is a new beginning for the INDIAN SUV's and it redefines "cruising" on our highways. Absolutely stress-free..

Now some pics from the trip..
Attached Images

Sathya_sc is online now   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 10:19   #134
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Sathya, thanks for the update.

Good to hear that the XUV is behaving perfectly and you are enjoying it.

Knowing some of the high-speeds that you do, 14.8kmpl is absolutely astonishing.

What was the total cost for the 2nd service?
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2012, 11:27   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Knowing some of the high-speeds that you do, 14.8kmpl is absolutely astonishing.

What was the total cost for the 2nd service?
Thanks SDP.

Keep cruising and it will reward you with good mileage figures..The second service bill was around 200 which they charged for some consumables like grease, some anti rust stuff etc. I didnt bother too much to ask them since I was ok with the bill.
Sathya_sc is online now   Reply With Quote