Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 23:22   #31
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran
First of all I would like to tell you the tyres are not that bad. My hankook lasted for 60000 kms. And I still replaced them with hankook optimo me02. These tyres are amazing. Have least road noise because they are directional. Sound from dashboard is obvious as I face the same issue. I have clocked 60000 kms. Still running excellent except few noise
Thanks mate. It just gives me more confidence in the purchase that this is a good car after all. About the tyres, good to know you find them as top quality stuff. And 60k on one set - wow! Have never managed that ever. Atleast not driving in Bangalore. Will check out the me02 model though when it's time to change them. My stock tyres though grippy have this road noise thing which is very irritating.
The dashboard thing, I have given up for now. Guess it's a huge one and it is expected to make such sounds with the clips and other restraints not sufficiently holding it in place.
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 10:40   #32
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy
Thanks mate. It just gives me more confidence in the purchase that this is a good car after all. About the tyres, good to know you find them as top quality stuff. And 60k on one set - wow! Have never managed that ever. Atleast not driving in Bangalore. Will check out the me02 model though when it's time to change them. My stock tyres though grippy have this road noise thing which is very irritating.
The dashboard thing, I have given up for now. Guess it's a huge one and it is expected to make such sounds with the clips and other restraints not sufficiently holding it in place.
I bought hankook after a lot of researching. hankooks are known for longer tread life. A friend of mine managed 100000 kms on his TATA safari with hankook dynapro. Whereas safari is one of the most tyre eating vehicle. Normal Bridgestone last for 25000-30000 kms max

Hankooks are vfm too. Moreover it's sidewall is strong. I have never seen or heard a hankook with sidewall cut or damage. The tyre size on sonata is the same as skoda yeti which is a soft off roader. So we get the best of both worlds
aboveallkaran is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 10:56   #33
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Thanks aboveallkaran. Very comforting indeed. Will not be hasty to get rid of them now :-)
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 15:34   #34
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy
Thanks aboveallkaran. Very comforting indeed. Will not be hasty to get rid of them now :-)
I am just back from the hyundai service. Went there to replace front right door speaker under warranty as there was some distortion in it. I got the speaker changed but the new speaker which they installed sounds like a local speaker(however I checked it was the same as the previous one) it has no bass effects as compared to that of the left side of front door. Now in a confused state as to what to do. One more thing, the original speaker was fixed with rivets. Whereas the new one they fixed with screw. I don't think this would lower the bass. Need expert comments and suggestions.
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 19:55   #35
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran

I am just back from the hyundai service. Went there to replace front right door speaker under warranty as there was some distortion in it. I got the speaker changed but the new speaker which they installed sounds like a local speaker(however I checked it was the same as the previous one) it has no bass effects as compared to that of the left side of front door. Now in a confused state as to what to do. One more thing, the original speaker was fixed with rivets. Whereas the new one they fixed with screw. I don't think this would lower the bass. Need expert comments and suggestions.
OK. Hope the following is of some help:
1. If you are sure that the specifications of the speaker is the same as OE, then it's worth checking if the service guys did goof up in the wiring. In this model of sonata, normally the front speakers are components. Which means wiring and cross-overs have to be given due consideration.
2. If you think that is alright then there could be a problem with the speaker cone or magnet in the one you now have. Please check it for defects. A good check will be to see how it works when fitted on a test system outside your car
3. Not too sure about screw vs rivet. Mine I think is screwed to the door. But it can damage bass if the screw gets in contact with the speaker cone in any way.

Even am looking to change my speakers. Am going with plain JBL GTO 628 series 2 way speakers. At least that's what I have in mind. Will be testing them soon, so if that works for me, I shall let you know.
cars_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 20:07   #36
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy
OK. Hope the following is of some help:
1. If you are sure that the specifications of the speaker is the same as OE, then it's worth checking if the service guys did goof up in the wiring. In this model of sonata, normally the front speakers are components. Which means wiring and cross-overs have to be given due consideration.
2. If you think that is alright then there could be a problem with the speaker cone or magnet in the one you now have. Please check it for defects. A good check will be to see how it works when fitted on a test system outside your car
3. Not too sure about screw vs rivet. Mine I think is screwed to the door. But it can damage bass if the screw gets in contact with the speaker cone in any way.

Even am looking to change my speakers. Am going with plain JBL GTO 628 series 2 way speakers. At least that's what I have in mind. Will be testing them soon, so if that works for me, I shall let you know.
I had a talk with hyundai guys, there isn't any probability to mess up With the wiring system because its connected through socket throughout. The rivet hasn't damaged speaker because the speaker is well surrounded with protective covering. I am going to wait for a weeks time. Rear same side door speaker is also due for replacement. Will arrive in a weeks time. So will get it fixed first and then will solve this problem.
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 16:00   #37
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron
Finally , I have someone who has the same car i drive. I have a 2009 transform crdi AT. Bought it after selling the old superb. I am in love with this car. The car has done around 70,000 kms and is performing well.
Hi bigron I also own the same 2009 crdi at. My car delivers around 10 kms a litre in city and around 14-14.5 on highways. Regular diesel from BP or HP pumps. How to check whether my car came with a sub? I can see a grill on the rear tray but I am not sure whether its just a provision or there is actually a woofer? Kindly comment
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 16:08   #38
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy
@Krish: so far I Am on free service mode so consumables and filters alone in the second service cost me about 5 k. But yes it can get expensive if we don't respect the car.
@bigron: That's some good information you gave me there. Should be careful when I drive fast. My biggest worry of them all is those 6 airbags. Guess insurance do not cover these unless we do a bumper to bumper but that too is valid only for first three years.
I got a 80000 kms or 4 years free service package with the car. So one service costs around 4-5k. How many free services you got?
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:00   #39
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran
How to check whether my car came with a sub? I can see a grill on the rear tray but I am not sure whether its just a provision or there is actually a woofer? Kindly comment
Very simple. Open your boot. Look directly under your grill on the real parcel tray. If you have a woofer you Will see a speaker magnet and the outside of the cone. If you just see a plate then you don't have one. To my knowledge the top end AT variant came with one.
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 00:19   #40
BHPian
 
bigron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chandigarh,melbourne
Posts: 574
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

@ karan - If you have the crdi AT transform , your car has a sub in it. as cars crazy mentioned , the top variant comes with 4 speaker , 2 tweeters and 1 sub. Also , any song with bass would make it clear if you have a sub or not.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:14   #41
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

@ bigron: hey mate. Been a while. You said your car's done about 70k kms right? Would you share the same opinion about stock tyres like karan? Is it only me who feels the OE hankook is not all that great? Please let me know
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 06:18   #42
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran

I got a 80000 kms or 4 years free service package with the car. So one service costs around 4-5k. How many free services you got?
Wow, Is that all? That's dirt cheap considering you got a AT. Is it a diesel AT? I would have thought you Will spend atleast 2.5 k more per service. My bills for a manual is about 6 thousand, when I take her after every ten k kms
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:31   #43
BHPian
 
bigron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: chandigarh,melbourne
Posts: 574
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

@ CC - Yea the car has covered around 70,000 kms. And if i remeber correctly , my hankooks lasted a good 50,000 kms. I liked the hankooks and wanted to get another set in 225 but could not source them so settled for pirellis. The average service which I get done every 8000 kms comes to around rs 8000.

@ karan - even i got all my 4 speakers changed under warranty. I too sometimes feel that the front speakers are much less powerful than they initially were but i have stopped thinking too much into it now.

Last edited by bigron : 2nd November 2012 at 08:39.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:35   #44
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Very simple. Open your boot. Look directly under your grill on the real parcel tray. If you have a woofer you Will see a speaker magnet and the outside of the cone. If you just see a plate then you don't have one. To my knowledge the top end AT variant came with one.
There is a plate. No woofer. But my embera crdi had one. I am sure about it. Where can i get woofer for this car now?
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:36   #45
BHPian
 
aboveallkaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nagpur
Posts: 50
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ karan - If you have the crdi AT transform , your car has a sub in it. as cars crazy mentioned , the top variant comes with 4 speaker , 2 tweeters and 1 sub. Also , any song with bass would make it clear if you have a sub or not.
Thats what i was confused. The bass is superb but the woofer isnt visible. And now its confirmed it isnt there.
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close to a decision - Hyundai Sonata Transform EDIT - Now Bought rangaraj Luxury, Imports & Niche 51 12th June 2015 02:45
Test Driven : All new Hyundai Sonata Transform. kpzen Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 45 27th July 2014 05:57
Hyundai Sonata Transform - Technical Specifications & Feature List Stratos Technical Stuff 1 24th June 2011 12:03
Hyundai Sonata Transform CRD MT rangaraj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 34 14th April 2010 16:16
Sonata facelift w/ new interior: now called Sonata 'Transform' Ramon The Indian Car Scene 126 27th March 2009 10:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks