Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th June 2016, 16:02   #121
BHPian

Default Re: My Hyundai Sonata Transform CRDi

I got a suspension overhaul at around 120,000 KMS. So you in the same ball park.
Ask your SA to give you a list of items he intends to replace and their individual pricing. Stuff like upper control arms are expensive for a pair. But for a complete over haul the parts cost between 15 to 20k plus labour.
bigron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 16:44   #122
BHPian

Hello bigron, can you please elaborate about the parts which were changed during your vehicle's overhaul. Because I was expecting around 20k budget for suspension overhaul, but the hyundai guys told me it will be around 50k.
Thanks in advance.
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2016, 17:12   #123
BHPian

It should not cost 50k no matter what they change.
I dont re collect now what all got replaced in my car but from what I can remember :
Control Arm with ball Joints Pair
Inner and outer Tie Rod Ends
Shock Absorbers ( not replaced in my case)
Bar Linkages
Mounting Kits

Last edited by bigron : 25th June 2016 at 17:15.
Old 25th June 2016, 17:33   #124
BHPian

Okay. The parts were changed for front only or rear suspension parts too?
aboveallkaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 00:20   #125

Hi bigron,

Would you advise me regarding the buying decision of a Fluidic Sonata M/T version(Petrol). Should I go for it ?? I am bit skeptical and would be grateful if you can guide me with the same. It is a 2012 model and I am getting a sweet deal. Please help.

Last edited by bblost : 31st August 2016 at 01:05. Reason: Removed extra ..., please avoid this style of writing.
sarthakbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 01:26   #126
BHPian

The car is a genuine upgrade over the transform in terms of comfort, features and safety. Very spacious inside with superb rear seat comfort. Also reliability is not an issue as I know people who have covered over 200,000 kms in their fluidic sonatas. The FE is going to be in single digits. If sedate driving is your style this cant be beat.
Old 4th September 2016, 01:28   #127

Hi Bigron,
Thanks a lot for the response. Fuel economy in Mumbai is in single digits even for the Hyundai Verna, so I was always sure about the Sonata in this regard too. But then since the car is out of production since Feb 2015, I was just worried about the service and parts availability and Hyundai's sincerity towards the handful of Fluidic Sonata owners. But your mention of 2lakh kms plus happy customers example just eased my tension off.. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I am sure once I buy the car, I shall post my first ownership thread here. Glad
sarthakbhp is offline   Reply With Quote