Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th December 2012, 17:17   #46
BHPian

Default Re: My new Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi - Glistening Grey - A Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post

Planned MODs:
1. Seat Covers: Looking out for custom made fabric seat covers but not been able to find such a place. Any ideas?
Just curious, maruti has custom fabric covers. By custom i mean, they have a limited choice of 4-5 colors/variations but they do have fabric seat covers. Did you not consider them? Or when you mean custom, do you really mean custom with color choices and that what Maruti has doesnt fit the bill?

BTW, reliance autozone also has custom fabric seat covers. I just called them to check and they said they stitch fabric seat covers according to your choice. Just google for reliance autozone for details.

Last edited by avasekeh : 19th December 2012 at 17:26.
avasekeh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 19:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avasekeh View Post
Just curious, maruti has custom fabric covers. By custom i mean, they have a limited choice of 4-5 colors/variations but they do have fabric seat covers. Did you not consider them? Or when you mean custom, do you really mean custom with color choices and that what Maruti has doesnt fit the bill?

BTW, reliance autozone also has custom fabric seat covers. I just called them to check and they said they stitch fabric seat covers according to your choice. Just google for reliance autozone for details.
I check with my Maruti dealership, they do not make custom fit ones. For now, I have put some cheap looking covers temporarily for protection .

Checked with autozone near south end circle, but they don't make custom fabric ones. They do custom art-leather.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2012, 09:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I check with my Maruti dealership, they do not make custom fit ones. For now, I have put some cheap looking covers temporarily for protection .

Checked with autozone near south end circle, but they don't make custom fabric ones. They do custom art-leather.
Ah ok, i spoke with the basavangudi branch and they told me they will have to source it (i checked for a ritz) but they can get it done nevertheless, and they quoted 3500.

BTW, my dealer is Pratham Motors and their accessories brochure has 4 fabric cover designs. i think those are standard and that any maruti dealer should be able to get it done (comes under the maruti genuine accessories or whatever they call it)....is that not the case?. BTW, the accessory chaps at Pratham quoted 3500 as well.

Last edited by avasekeh : 20th December 2012 at 09:51.
avasekeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2012, 12:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys.
I had those MGA fabric seat cover on my Ritz for a long time and the amount of dust these accumulates is unbelievable.
I was also not aware of it, but the day i went to change the seat cover, i was in for a shock.
It took a lot of effort to get the dust away before fitting the new seat covers.

So i will suggest go for a decent art leather seat cover , they are easy to clean and looks good also .
And regarding ,art leather seat heating you and all that, i have been using them from past 6 months , no issues what so ever, (mind you i sweat alot ), but yes i have placed those wooden seat beads.
You can check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dsc_0560.jpg

Also blue_pulsar, regarding the headlight upgrade to 100/90, there are no issues with warranty at all .
I have been using them from time i bought my car and have added HID on the fog lamps , both with relays, they are working perfectly fine .

You can check with Sachin Autoshop for a spoiler for Ritz, i think it will cost you around 2k (with perfect paint match)

Hope it helps .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 21st December 2012 at 12:34.
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:19   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys.

And regarding ,art leather seat heating you and all that, i have been using them from past 6 months , no issues what so ever, (mind you i sweat alot ), but yes i have placed those wooden seat beads.
You can check this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-dsc_0560.jpg

Cheers
Schoudhury,
I had those wooden seat beads in my car earlier(and i too sweat a lot!) and during one such hot afternoon after driving, when i got down the car, my T-shirt(which was sweat at the back) was marked with the wooden yellow paint. I took off the wooden beads immediately.
Is there any way to take care of this issue?

Thanks,
Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post

Schoudhury,
I had those wooden seat beads in my car earlier(and i too sweat a lot!) and during one such hot afternoon after driving, when i got down the car, my T-shirt(which was sweat at the back) was marked with the wooden yellow paint. I took off the wooden beads immediately.

Thanks,
Ramki
Hi Ramki
I never had any issues with the paint coming off or anything from the beads infact after using those beads I feel I'm sweating abit less.
I think it could be because of the quality of the beads, if you get a good quality one I'm sure you won't face that .
Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 12:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Schoudhury,

Thanks,
Ramki
Why don't you buy one which is not painted? I believe I had seen them at a handicrafts place, somewhere. Also, you get the plastic bead ones.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 13:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Hi Ramki
I never had any issues with the paint coming off or anything from the beads infact after using those beads I feel I'm sweating abit less.
I think it could be because of the quality of the beads, if you get a good quality one I'm sure you won't face that .
Cheers
Quote:
Why don't you buy one which is not painted? I believe I had seen them at a handicrafts place, somewhere. Also, you get the plastic bead ones.
Thanks guys. Well, to explain, the wooden beads are not fully painted but only for looking colorful they have added it at regular intervals.
Is there any way i can remove those paintings as i do not want to waste them for which i had paid Rs.500/- some 3 years ago.
Also, i had procured these beadings from Channapatna.

Thanks,
Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 15:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

BHPians, my car got a beauty treatment on its first new year celebration.

Got a spoiler fitted today. Costed Rs.2200. So far so good.
My new Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi - Glistening Grey - A Review-20130101_1451523.jpg
blue_pulsar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2013, 15:57   #55
Team-BHP Support

Nicely compiled review! I love the Ritz for how it handles the potholes in the city. It glides over the humps and one has no issues
what so over negotiating them. Every time I drive it, it brings a smile to my face.

Wish you many more miles. Drive safe.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 16:01   #56

Am real close to booking my Ritz vdi. Am going in for company lease and checked only at Mandovi. They offered just the exchange bonus of 20K, consumer offer of 25k and a corporate offer of 1k.

Exshowroom - 577841/-
Road tax - 89798/-
Regn - 700/-
Ins - 21527/-
Accessory - 2672/-
Handling charge - 6500/-
EW - 7972
Auto card - 337/-

Am booking the new facelift ritz vdi. Is it worth while to opt for the 3rd and 4th year warranty? Is getting free replacements under warranty from Maruthi as easy as is with Mahindras?
santhoshbkartha is offline   Reply With Quote