Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th July 2012, 19:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Just out of curiosity, can I ask you 2 questions?

What are these on the boot of your car (marked in yellow)? Never seen them before or may be didn't notice them on any other car.
Fancy stickers from previous owner. Will get them removed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Is it compulsory for you guys in TN to put the black dots on the headlights and what purpose does it exactly serve?
Not sure whether it is compulsory, but once RTO had some road campaign to install stickers / paint black marks on headlamp to avoid glare. I don't think to what extent it could help.
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 13:09   #17
BHPian

Default re: Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!

A very sensible decision indeed which appeals both to the head and the heart. Just a question here, Did you check or have the service history from the previous owner? I say this because as a general consensus, the tires on a Linea last about 40k kms and brake pads last for approximately 20k kms. So its better to have both checked from a Service Center.
And in the 9th pic that you've posted in the previous page, the Fuse Box cover appears to be misaligned. Was it removed to change anything ?

But I must say that you've made a very brave decision by choosing a Fiat when there are so many others who just run away hearing the name . So happy motoring in your Linea and do post updates regularly
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 18:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Did you check or have the service history from the previous owner?
Service history is not available with the previous owner, but confirmed the odo reading and service details from the dealer.

Quote:
And in the 9th pic that you've posted in the previous page, the Fuse Box cover appears to be misaligned. Was it removed to change anything?
Someone tried to open the panel with screw driver Out of 3 locking clips only one is left out. Checked for any modifications / tapping in wiring, but I couldn't figure out anything. Even asked my mechanic to check it.

Quote:
But I must say that you've made a very brave decision by choosing a Fiat when there are so many others who just run away hearing the name.
I love Fiat, had a long term desire to own one (especially the Palio) and now I got it. Though there are many horror stories about after sales support, I prefer it. After all the relationship matters with the dealer guys or choose a reliable mechanic outside.
Mr.Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 18:21   #19
BHPian

Firstly congratulations!!

I was going to say the following on some thread or the other - The Linea MJD is suddenly appearing to be the most VFM, pre-owned car you can buy today. Over the last 45 days, 2 of my friends have bought a pre-owned Linea for a steal of a price.

And yes, she is a pleasure to cruise on highways and twisty ghat sections!!
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 09:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Firstly congratulations!!
Thank you dude.

See what I have gifted her today
Ordered T-BHP stickers last week and got them yesterday
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0095.jpg

Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0097.jpg

Engine bay
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0088.jpg

Hello windtone horns
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0089.jpg

All 4 tyre conditions
Italian Beauty at Home - Pre-LOVED Fiat Linea MJD Emotion EDIT: Now sold!-tyre.jpg

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 10th July 2012 at 09:14.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 18:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm looking for AUX cable. Also those 'U' shaped pins to pull out the HU.
Any pointers in Chennai?
Old 10th July 2012, 23:29   #22
Team-BHP Support

Excellent thread.

I do have a soft-spot for Fiats. And yours is a brilliant buy! Like I'd said earlier, I think your number-plates look very smart and almost 'Team-BHP-font' like. Very interesting!

I'm sure you'd get an AUX cable at any reputed auto-accessory store.

Please do keep updating your thread.

Congratulations and drive safe!
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 21:31   #23
BHPian

Many congratulations on owning this beauty, it is on road since 2009, still looks are so fresh, many newer/latest cars looks dated in front of this.

Sorry to deviate a little...

I sold my BALENO and bought a pre-worshipped 2006 VERNA CRDi, which is in great running condition and gem of a diesel engine. However I don't feel anything special about the car nor feel proud of owning it (unlike the feeling on my beloved BALENO).

Sometimes feel like I just bought is for diesel. Whenever a LINEA passes by I get tempted to change the car. Does it make sense to change from VERNA CRDi (not Fluidic) to LINEA MJD, just for the looks of it? Of course it has many other goodies, but FIAT's future in India worries me. Any suggestions?
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 11:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hummer: FIAT is not going anywhere, they are here to stay though with a niche numbers of vehicles sold per month until they launch more cars.

By the way do the maths to see how much you stand to lose if you sell the Verna.

Also note that Linea wont feel as powerful as the Verna for sure. But the driveabilty would be better.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 12:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Many congratulations on owning this beauty, it is on road since 2009, still looks are so fresh
Thanks dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Does it make sense to change from VERNA CRDi (not Fluidic) to LINEA MJD, just for the looks of it?
I would say 'YES, OFCOURSE'
Though I haven't driven Verna much, from my experience Verna is not good in handling. One could feel this after driving Linea / Fiesta for few kilometers.

If you drive mostly in City, it is better to keep your Verna. Linea is best for highway cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Also note that Linea wont feel as powerful as the Verna for sure. But the driveabilty would be better.
+100
Old 12th July 2012, 16:53   #26
lsp
BHPian

Mr Boss... thats a superb swap you did. Now you can enjoy the superb handling and diesel economy. Put in a Petes box and make it a rocket.

In fact your thread is making this Aug 2010 Linea MJD, 19k done ABS EBD DL reg car for sale on Carwale for 6L, look very very tempting. If only I had the money to put on the table.

Enjoy your ride.
lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 21:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Mr Boss... thats a superb swap you did.

In fact your thread is making this Aug 2010 Linea MJD, 19k done ABS EBD DL reg car for sale on Carwale for 6L, look very very tempting.
Thanks dude.
Go for this Linea with blind eyes, will give you many many smiles throughout the miles.
Old 13th July 2012, 12:51   #28
BHPian

Thanks Mr.Boss and nkrishnap.

I drive mostly in city for about 1500 kms/month and once in a quarter I do around 600 kms on highways.

Linea is one whole size bigger than old Verna, I hope it won’t be a problem in Bangalore city traffic. There are a few Lineas (MJD, 2009, Emotion Pk, <30k kms) available for sale at Bangalore and quoting around 6L. What is the best price? Not sure of my Verna’s resale value (CRDi, ~60k kms). I don’t want to lose more than 50k by moving to Linea from Verna.

Last edited by hummer : 13th July 2012 at 12:52. Reason: Reformatting
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2012, 13:00   #29
BHPian

Congrats Mr. Boss on your purchase of the Italian beauty.
The car seems to be in excellent condition and well maintained.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2012, 23:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Latest addition on my Linea, AUX cable (DIY)

Here is the DIY thread

There are few more updates, will share it by tomorrow with more snaps.