Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2012, 11:35   #76
BHPian
 
AirbusA340's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 136
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Yes, even i read about those failures (of DSC) in foreign BMW forums. Which model was your BMW of which there was this DSC failure ?

How many kilometers have you driven Beemers on RFTs, what is your opinion of its behavior on long distance running, that is specifically, is there any difficult situation (read puncture) encountered by you at any point. Just clearing my doubts before a long drive...
My 325i has done close to 20k's. I've only had a micro puncture till now on the highway. The tyre started losing air pressure very very slowly. I just got it fixed and its still running beautifully even at high speeds. It's a very very small one though.

Given an option, I'd tick number 2. It's my personal choice. Long distance trip, I don't think you should go without some sort of a spare.

Cheers


Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post
Oh ok! Thanks a lot!
I guess then NCB is history for me!
By the way, what is the approximate premium for Secure for the second year?

For the 3, 1st year secure when you buy the vehicle is approx 55k. 2nd year would be approx 65k if unused and 75k if used. These are approx values, and should be close.

I reckon you would get better figures from the guy at your dealership who deals with the secure/insurance. Either way, it's decent.


pEaCe
AirbusA340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 13:01   #77
BHPian
 
rajeshchand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 266
Thanked: 75 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post
If you buy the puncture kit, it includes a 2 page manual with diagrammatic instructions on how to use it.
It is not very easy, but then, it is not difficult either!
If you want, I can post pictures of the puncture kit components and the manual also.
Delhi to Kerala, you say? In a Beemer, it will be hell lot of a fun!!
Will you be driving yourself?
Thanks, it would be grateful if you could post pictures of the puncture kit components and the manual also so that i can make an informed decision. What is the cost of it, i am sure there are some aftermarket kits also available.

Yes, i am expecting quite a lot of fun in the Beemer on such a long drive.
I will be going along with my wife, she does drive though not for long distance, but good enough for me to enjoy the passenger seat for couple of hours every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusA340 View Post
Given an option, I'd tick number 2. It's my personal choice. Long distance trip, I don't think you should go without some sort of a spare.

Cheers
Yes, even i can go with the second or fourth option, i have enough time to decide and that too an informed one depending on the current performance of the RFTs on the Beemer. Long distance trip, i am ready to take the risk, if it happens then it will let me check the veracity of BMWs roadside assistance, may be quite a few countryside trips for the BMW roadside assistance and may be they will think about giving an option of fitting tubeless in place of RFTs for their future models

Last edited by rajeshchand : 6th August 2012 at 13:03.
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 11:48   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 41
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Thanks, it would be grateful if you could post pictures of the puncture kit components and the manual also so that i can make an informed decision. What is the cost of it, i am sure there are some aftermarket kits also available.

Yes, i am expecting quite a lot of fun in the Beemer on such a long drive.
I will be going along with my wife, she does drive though not for long distance, but good enough for me to enjoy the passenger seat for couple of hours every day.
Hey! Terribly sorry for the horrendous delay!
Got caught up in some urgent work.

Here are the pictures of the mobility kit along with its instruction manual.

This is the unopened kit.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0216.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0217.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0219.jpg

These are the hand gloves that come with the kit.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0218.jpg

This is the portable compressor in the kit. I've placed a pen alongside for size reference.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0220.jpg

These are the various pins for your car tyres as well as for filling air in footballs and cycles.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0221.jpg

This is the air pressure gauge.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0222.jpg

This is the tyre sealant bottle.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0223.jpg

This is the instructions manual.
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0224.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0225.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0226.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0227.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0228.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0229.jpg

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-imag0230.jpg

Do tell if you need anything specific other than this!
swopsk293 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 11:30   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NA
Posts: 261
Thanked: 236 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swopsk293 View Post
A very pleasant surprise I got was that GPS and Navigation was activated by default in the car! I had read in the reports of other users that the GPS & Navigation function is disabled and that the dealer quoted Rs. 91,000 to activate the same!

Hi,
I would like to know where is GPS antenna installed in your car if you can find out or if installed at all by BMW.
I would appreciate your feedback.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 11:11   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Hi,
I would like to know where is GPS antenna installed in your car if you can find out or if installed at all by BMW.
I would appreciate your feedback.
For navigation, what you'd need is -
1. 8.8" iDrive screen for full navigation (nav pro) + 12gb hdd + iDrive controller
2. The DVD based CIC with 8 programmable buttons
3. Sharkfin antenna (cabling is not a big deal)
4. Activation + software (maps + VO coding) from BMW

If you have the iDrive 8.8" with a HDD & DVD CIC, your navigation activation would cost you around 80-90k INR.
dreamtheater39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2012, 11:22   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NA
Posts: 261
Thanked: 236 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 View Post
For navigation, what you'd need is -
1. 8.8" iDrive screen for full navigation (nav pro) + 12gb hdd + iDrive controller
2. The DVD based CIC with 8 programmable buttons
3. Sharkfin antenna (cabling is not a big deal)
4. Activation + software (maps + VO coding) from BMW

If you have the iDrive 8.8" with a HDD & DVD CIC, your navigation activation would cost you around 80-90k INR.
i understand from your post is that for getting GPS signals, the idrive screen is connected to sharkfin antenna. did i understand correct?

when we talk about this GPS signal in Vento, we are dependent 3rd party multimedia head units which comes with a separate antenna. this antenna needs to be installed for getting signals and most of the owners have installed it on dashboard near A-Pillar front windscreen.

as we have OEM antenna in Vento also installed on roof, can we use it for GPS signals by connect it to head unit by some wire?
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2012, 18:50   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 41
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
i understand from your post is that for getting GPS signals, the idrive screen is connected to sharkfin antenna. did i understand correct?

when we talk about this GPS signal in Vento, we are dependent 3rd party multimedia head units which comes with a separate antenna. this antenna needs to be installed for getting signals and most of the owners have installed it on dashboard near A-Pillar front windscreen.

as we have OEM antenna in Vento also installed on roof, can we use it for GPS signals by connect it to head unit by some wire?
Well the OEM antenna is the one for radio reception if i guessed right? For GPS signals I doubt if you can use the same antenna.
Even if you manage the wiring and fix the separate antenna to the OEM antenna stalk, it would be quite a tricky job. I'm not 100% sure about it though.
If you manage this, then again comes the question of stability of the antenna fixture at high speeds.
swopsk293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 15:24   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

I have booked a Deep Sea Blue as well but for some reason the color which the dealer sent looks very different from the ones you have taken of your car so I thought its best to cross check with you just in case the car i've booked is NOT a deep sea blue.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-img006412012091612031.jpg  

BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!-img00642201209161204.jpg  

saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 16:28   #84
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

That looks more like the Monaco Blue I have on my car. But don't count on it.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 21:25   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 96
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Re: BMW 320D Exclusive with GPS & Navigation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
That looks more like the Monaco Blue I have on my car. But don't count on it.
Exactly my thoughts. But the funny thing is that Monaco Blue is not even an option in the catalogue! And my car is July 2012 E90
saketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW E90 lci 320d exclusive differential Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 46 3rd April 2017 14:40
Diesel Power - My BMW 320D Exclusive - BMW Performance Power Kit Installed - Pg. 23 Akshay1234 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 449 23rd September 2016 21:02
BMW 320D Exclusive: Deep Sea Blue with Oyster/Black Interiors saketa Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 10 10th February 2015 14:45
JOY is BMW, Simple! Welcome my 320d exclusive edition Bimmer to our Team-BHP family rishi_kapoor Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 69 16th June 2014 10:33
In Dash Navigation vs Navigation Module vs Separate Navigation SirAlec In-Car Entertainment 27 20th January 2014 22:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks