Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th September 2015, 00:38   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
About the power bump to 170 bhp, I am seriously considering this diesel tunning box, which is plug and play, and cost around 40K - http://www.chipexpress.com/products/2098/.
I had a chipexpress box on my Safari which fellow bhpian hrag bought from me when I sold the Safari.

I found the box really good, and hrag agreed that it transformed his Safari without any issues either.

That said, why don't you just get the ECU flashed to the 178 bhp Yeti official map? Wouldn't that be a cleaner and safer way of getting a bump up?

Briskoda guys suggest putting on the Octavia VRS discs and pads with carriers after such a power upgrade. This is reportedly cheaper than going for the Brembos that come with the 178 bhp Yeti, and pretty effective.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 12:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. As for ECU flashing to 170 bhp map, I read somewhere, the turbo is different for the 140 bhp and 170 bhp variants. And won't ECU remapping involve higher risk than a piggy tunning box, especially when it is a skoda? For vRS discs, I don't think it will fit in the stock 16 alloys. Need at least 17" I believe.
iTNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2015, 00:24   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For vRS discs, I don't think it will fit in the stock 16 alloys. Need at least 17" I believe.
It could be because the Yetis abroad do come with 17" wheels.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2018, 23:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Updating it after a gap of 3 yrs.. my Yeti had crossed 65K kms in 6 years. It is with Autopsyche for the past 2 days for Pete's stage 1 remap. There is a special offer going on on Pete's remap for just 13K and couldn't resist the temptation to opt for it, especially after the VW dieselgate 'fix' which rendered the Yeti boring to drive and mileage drop with louder NVH.

As they have to send the ECU out to Pete's cochin for remapping, yeti will sit idle in their workshop for 4-5 days. Eagerly waiting to try out the Yeti in its new avatar with the 175 bhp /400 nm torque!
Old 29th July 2018, 10:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Updating it after a gap of 3 yrs.. my Yeti had crossed 65K kms in 6 years. It is with Autopsyche for the past 2 days for Pete's stage 1 remap. There is a special offer going on on Pete's remap for just 13K and couldn't resist the temptation to opt for it, especially after the VW dieselgate 'fix' which rendered the Yeti boring to drive and mileage drop with louder NVH.

As they have to send the ECU out to Pete's cochin for remapping, yeti will sit idle in their workshop for 4-5 days. Eagerly waiting to try out the Yeti in its new avatar with the 175 bhp /400 nm torque!
Good decision. The Dieselgate fix really subjugated the car (in my case the Laura as I had already sold my Yeti before that). The remap should help wake the beast up again! Surprising the Dieselgate fix reduced mileage, reduced power and also reduced torque, and probably only reduced pollution. But the downsides for customers were multiple. In my case, after the fix on my Laura, the DMF also failed within 500kms so I feel it does have significantly large imbalance too in the cylinder cycles than earlier (more jerky injection timing). Many customers in India as well as global have suffered due to this Dieselgate fix which VW applied.
Hope you get your fix "fixed" for good with this remap!!
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 13:19   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a special offer going on on Pete's remap for just 13K and couldn't resist the temptation to opt for it, especially after the VW dieselgate 'fix' which rendered the Yeti boring to drive and mileage drop with louder NVH.
I avoided the dieselgate fix like the plague, staying off Skoda service centers ever since I kept getting repeated calls by Skoda as part of a very sustained campaign. The car is now maintained by a garage affiliated to the Code 6 guys.

If Skoda had shown similar determination and persistence with fixing their service network, they would've been a winner in the market by now.

My own 2012 Yeti soldiers on in its 6th year past 120k kms, still feeling pretty solid and well-put-together. The 2.0 TDi has gotten butter-smooth with age, and a Code 6 remap helps put the smile on the face when you flex the right ankle.

The big question is, what can replace this car?
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2018, 21:05   #82
M35
BHPian

It's very well worth it, the remap. Try getting a K&N air filter as well. The difference need to be experienced
Drive safe
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2018, 21:38   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Good decision.....
Hope you get your fix "fixed" for good with this remap!!
Thanks! So, today the ECU has been remapped by Pete's in Cochin and it has been dispatched to Delhi. So, just about a day or two before porting the new brain to the Yeti. Lets see if this brings my Yeti its mojo back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I avoided the dieselgate fix like the plague.....

The big question is, what can replace this car?
The Karoq naturally

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Try getting a K&N air filter as well. The difference need to be experienced
Drive safe
Can you let me know which K&N filter fits the Yeti? And where did you source it?
Old 31st July 2018, 22:17   #84
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Can you let me know which K&N filter fits the Yeti? And where did you source it?
Here you go - K&N 33-2865.I got it arranged at 3M car care, trichy road, Coimbatore. I think it was IPL motorway, Coimbatore.
My 2012 Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance-screenshot_2018073122112372.png

Last edited by M35 : 31st July 2018 at 22:45.
M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Got my yeti with stage 1 remap yesterday. The drive is totally transformed now - free revving, lesser noise, instant power delivery when you need it. It's addictive and hard to resist from stepping up the gas pedal. I have not dyno'd the car so don't have the exact gains, but think it's in the range of 170-180 bhp/390-400 nm. Had not driven much to see any difference in mileage yet.