| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|29th February 2016, 11:27||#91|
Join Date: Jun 2015
Thanked: 41 Times
Preparation for 2000 Km round trip in Nano
With the change of season the car has become smoother I suppose. In fact the clutch is not as harder as it was one month back or may be I am not finding it harder as I am doing a lot of cycling nowadays which gives me good exercise of feet due to pedalling.
Enjoying the drives really in my Nano a lot. I take my Nano for a 40 km spin mostly twice a week as the car is not being used daily.
I am planning for a very long distance drive again in April or May from Nasik to Agra ( Around 2000 Km round trip) in my Nano again! So I have started preparing ground for that. I have already done this trip last year but I was novice so this time there will be a big difference as I am quite familiar with the car and the roads.
The things which need attention for my long distance trip are:
1. Need proper cushioning for seats. I don't like putting seat covers so I am searching for alternative things like some mattress or pillow!
2. The car is due for servicing so looking for right brand of Oil. Though the recommended one is from HP. Would like to explore if I find anything better.
3. Tyres are not bad and this time I am not going to exceed 70 Kmph. Last time I was new to this so I drove it around 90 kmph on empty highways. But I think its like abusing your car. As there are lot of bumps without marking and my car really got bumped many times as it was not appropriate to apply urgent brakes.
4. Definitely replace the clutch cable just to check the difference it can make.
5. Don't feel like disturbing the current status of car by doing any maintenance work as the car is perfectly running. Will get the battery checked thoroughly.
|8th April 2016, 12:08||#92|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 1,191 Times
Re: My Nanovation : Tata Nano
After the clutch, it was time for the front suspension to be replaced, followed by the front wheel bearings a month later. Now she is running as good as new.
The front tyres have lasted all the way till 60k now and if I keep the car, a tyre change will be due by end of May.
|The following BHPian Thanks honeybee for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|A Nano trip on a Nano budget...in a Tata Nano||novice_alto||Travelogues||11||28th September 2014 15:19|
|"Small Wonder: The Making of Nano": a book about the Tata Nano||Mpower||The Indian Car Scene||25||5th December 2010 23:11|
|Tata 1 L car to be unveiled on 10th Jan 2008. EDIT : Named Tata NANO||safari_lover||The Indian Car Scene||595||28th May 2010 00:37|
|The Tata Nano Gamble - how many Nano Tatas will have to sell||agentsmith2||The Indian Car Scene||41||28th October 2009 13:40|
|TATA NANO to be launched on December 28, during Ratan Tata's birth day||sidindica||The Indian Car Scene||38||30th October 2008 04:23|