Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 23rd October 2012, 05:43   #121
BHPian

Default Re: Falling in Love Again. The Story of a Czech Maiden - Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post

Sunil- I would like to know how much did you pay for the B-pillars including shipping since I couldn't find this item on www.tuning-in.eu.

Congrats Amit on your Yeti! its a Wonderful Vehicle to Own and Drive around. The cost of B-Pillars was about 45 Euro. Since i got the articles shipped to Borderlinx where there were many other Items from around Germany & Europe and Got down the Consolidated shipement down to India, through DHL express, i wouldnt be able to give you the shipping costs.

as regards not finding the items, the Tuning-in.eu site has Three variations. i.e. Tuning-in.sk, tuning-in.cz and tuning-in.eu. probably a site bug, it doesnt display all items in all sites.

all you need to do is send a mail to the owner Mr. Petr Spurny and ask him if he has the required accessories in stock and their price. he normally replies within 24 hours. then ask him to raise an invoice for Paypal Payment, and once the invoice comes, make the payment and you will have your item within a week!
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:25   #122
Senior - BHPian

Sunil, yours is the best yeti i have come across! the black wheel arch cladding looks drool maal! Wonderful mods.What i liked the most is most of the mods are functionality related and not just adding bling to the car. Totally loved it!
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Sunil, yours is the best yeti i have come across! the black wheel arch cladding looks drool maal! Wonderful mods.What i liked the most is most of the mods are functionality related and not just adding bling to the car. Totally loved it!
I second that compliment. Sunil is one of our serious Yeti experts and has done a really phenomenal job of smart, functional modifications! I totally subscribe to that school of thought rather than the Bling school of thought!
Cheers!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:20   #124
BHPian

Great looking Yeti Sunil, i really love the looks of your ride!!Everything reeks of class, something which skoda cars, in general, have!!

Hoping to meet you and your ride sometime!!
carfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 15:11   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Thanks a Lot Sagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I second that compliment. Sunil is one of our serious Yeti experts and has done a really phenomenal job of smart, functional modifications! I totally subscribe to that school of thought rather than the Bling school of thought!
Cheers!
SB Thanks a Lot!! to be honest, i have searched the net for e-shops providing Yeti Accessories, Mods and OE Skoda parts, found about 150 of these sites, narrowed down the list to about 7, namely 4 for OEM Parts and accessories on the Official Accessory brochure and 3 for Modifications and Accessories not on the Accessory brochure, (based on their terms of shipping, terms of Payment etc, the quality of their website etc {since quality determines how serious they are about what they sell}) This involved lot of curses from my better half for not giving her much attention, Using Google Translate to understand what the websites read, using google translate to send mails in the language they would understand etc. Most importantly got a Login ID for the VAG Workshop tools program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Great looking Yeti Sunil, i really love the looks of your ride!!Everything reeks of class, something which skoda cars, in general, have!!

Hoping to meet you and your ride sometime!!
Thank you! Definitely Lets meet up sometime, probably when you come in to Service your ride!
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:55   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

Thank you! Definitely Lets meet up sometime, probably when you come in to Service your ride!
Hi Sunil i am in Mangalore itself!!we can meet up some time!Another die-hard enthusiast, user-id james, will also be interested!

btw i am shocked by the amount of hard work you have undertaken to get this stuff!! Wow, you are one 'real' enthusiast!!
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:57   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Hi Sunil i am in Mangalore itself!!we can meet up some time!Another die-hard enthusiast, user-id james, will also be interested!

btw i am shocked by the amount of hard work you have undertaken to get this stuff!! Wow, you are one 'real' enthusiast!!
thats Great! gimme a buzz tommorrow and probably we can make TAFE Showroom our meeting point!
Old 26th October 2012, 19:32   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Where did you source B pillar blackening pads from? I know superskoda has it but because of high shipping cost i have refrained myself from purchasing
Have you considered black vinyl? It is infinitely cheaper and always replaceable when it gets dirty.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:05   #129
BHPian

black Vinyl is definitely a cheaper option but finishing will be something which may not match with glossy finish of blackening pads.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:39   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Have you considered black vinyl? It is infinitely cheaper and always replaceable when it gets dirty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
black Vinyl is definitely a cheaper option but finishing will be something which may not match with glossy finish of blackening pads.
Black Vinyl Doesn't come in a Glossy Shades. If you require a Glossy shade you either need to order the glossy stickers from Maruti as the same are / were used in the SX4 and Swift. However Cutting them to size would be an issue and also the B-pillar and C-Pillar Trims would be at different levels. ( C Pillar trims would be about 2 cms Higher than the B-Pillar Trims) This Option of B-Pillar Covers gives more or less a uniformity to the B-Pillar and C-pillar
Old 27th October 2012, 19:09   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Its Been about 50 Kms since the K&N filter Installations which was a DIY project for me. the Vehicle Seems to be Breather Better and I can feel a Noticeable Change/ Difference in the Way she drives.
Sunil, what about the warranty situation? I read your communication with Skoda dealership and then K&N folks but not sure if this was resolved. Is Skoda supporting replacement of K&N or still says any such action will void the warranty? Any update on mileage you are getting with this filter on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hi.
Will you PM me on this with your friend's contact? I think I will also go the K&N way.
Shankar, did you go the K&N way? You are well connected with a Skoda dealership in B'lore. Did you get chance to check what their take is about filter replacement?

I am thinking about getting this changed too but only if Skoda dealership is ready to do it for me and that too with no impact on warranty.
Old 28th October 2012, 05:24   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Sunil, what about the warranty situation? I read your communication with Skoda dealership and then K&N folks but not sure if this was resolved. Is Skoda supporting replacement of K&N or still says any such action will void the warranty? Any update on mileage you are getting with this filter on?

I am thinking about getting this changed too but only if Skoda dealership is ready to do it for me and that too with no impact on warranty.
Skoda is Mum on the Issue and the Dealership seems to have gone the Centrefresh way! replacement of a filter should not void warranty as you are using a superior filter in the place of a Cheaper Paper Filter and no Changes are done to the Intake System.

Since K&N is a global partner for Skoda and the VAG group and is being offered as an Accessory in most of the European Countries

Mileage is a constant 13-14 in city Driving Conditions and 17-19 on the Open Highways!
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 12:14   #133
Senior - BHPian

COngrats Sunil, a great ride indeed! its pretty detailed report and am sure it would help all those folks who have some inclination to buy the Yeti.

Keep it going!
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 12:28   #134

It's a bit strange to find that all the dealers I have spoken to so far about my interest on skoda elegance have indicated that company has stopped making the vehicle and they have no inventory either. I am wondering if this is indeed true or another ploy by the dealers and company to create artificial scarcity to ensure no discounts are offered. Anyone has any ideas on what's going on?
Old 28th October 2012, 14:03   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also the B-pillar and C-Pillar Trims would be at different levels.
Existing pillar trims are already showing swirl marks after a few washes, so I'm going to get all 3 pillars wrapped in Vinyl - that will ensure a uniform look, and will protect the plastic from further swirls.
Closed Thread