Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 01:38   #451
BHPian
 
zen kobane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuperiasamy View Post
On its first trip - Trichy to Thanjavur
Early delivery - Courtsey - GT Hyundai
CONGRATULATIONS! Now that looks neat, white really suits Elantra!

So what are you initial impressions? Which one did you get btw? Also, give us a short hands-on report on handling and whatever you may
zen kobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:18   #452
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 120
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_crazy View Post
Well done. Wish you well with the car and many safe miles ahead. About buy back I don't think you should have an issue for a diesel i 20. However, tough luck with loyalty though. Not sure if Hyundai gives loyalty with the new fluidic diesel variants.
I checked with one of the showrooms here in Hyd and I was informed that Hyundai is not offering any discounts, loyalty etc on the Fluidic Verna and Elantra as the cars are selling like hot cakes. So, there you go.

@madhuperiasamy & @drasitkhanna, congratulations on your new buy. Looking forward to lots of pictures and eagerly awaiting detailed ownership reviews from both of you.
sunny310c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:43   #453
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Thanks Sunny and car crazy!!
The white (as can be seen) is the favourite color !
Ya there are no discounts AT ALL and no sense of desperation to sell Hyundai Diesels, they seem to be selling themselves .
I have booked the SX after much brain storming and Budget escalation
Might as well go for the whole Jing Bang , since one very important criteria for car selection for me was the features loaded into the car. That's how Jetta, Laura , Fluence and CRuze lost the race !
BTW the Hyundai evaluator has assessed the i20 at 4 lac approx, but am getting better (4.25 maybe) from a third party. It's a magna 5 gear( 1st generation, 2009 Nov) @ 48000 km white with Alloys.
(U can have a look at my 3year old Hyundai i20 Thread @ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports>My new i20 CRDI 1.4 Crystal white Magna)
Thanks !
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:17   #454
BHPian
 
madhuperiasamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane

CONGRATULATIONS! Now that looks neat, white really suits Elantra!

So what are you initial impressions? Which one did you get btw? Also, give us a short hands-on report on handling and whatever you may
@zk Thank you.

It was an Elantra S

Initial impressions on handling were not as bad as made out in previous posts. I have not however driven the Elantra's compatriots so cant give a comparision.
I did notice that the car's stance became more planted and stable the faster I drove - maybe it had something to do with the styling and aerodynamics.
The road noise was on the higher side - ? lower profile silicon tyres
Missed fuel efficiency and distance to go data.
Ride comfort - on potholed roads - not too soft suspension.

Awaiting other owner reviews
madhuperiasamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 17:58   #455
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

I really want to change the tyres and also get different Alloys at the delivery stage only. Which tyres would be the best for this car vis a vis road noise and comfort? Wasn't too impressed with the stock Alloys also. How do i go about it ? the Hyundai people wont take back the stocks and exchange anything. I might just drive the new tyres to the nearest tyre/Alloy shop and exchange them ?

Any predelivery tips guys ? ( have gone through the Taking Delivery ...thread)
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 15:49   #456
BHPian
 
zen kobane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
I really want to change the tyres and also get different Alloys at the delivery stage only. Which tyres would be the best for
I agree with you about the alloys. Hyundai is focusing more on the VFM bit, and ignoring the sportiness of Elantra. But in Korea, Elantra comes with the TUIX modification pack, which has these Hyundai branded TUIX tasty alloys, take a look below.





There are other things too, like the boot lip type spoiler, the navigation ICE unit and the awesome HID Lamps... Im sure we can import these
zen kobane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 17:30   #457
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
I agree with you about the alloys. Hyundai is focusing more on the VFM bit, and ignoring the sportiness of Elantra. But in Korea, Elantra comes with the TUIX modification pack, which has these Hyundai branded TUIX tasty alloys, take a look below.





There are other things too, like the boot lip type spoiler, the navigation ICE unit and the awesome HID Lamps... Im sure we can import these
very neat !!
just talked to Hyundai. The Elantra has reached their stockyard. Have asked them not to register it in my name yet. Will check it out tomorrow. then pay and get it registered. They flatly refused any tyre or alloy change or exchange , even at much knocked down value.. will have to drive the car to the nearest tyre shoppe
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 19:52   #458
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ghaziabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 19 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Have got the white beauty home !!!
Got delivery of my white SX Crdi Elantra first thing in the morning today
( Dhanteras)from Noida. Drove it home loving every minute of it!
Was very busy whole day today so couldn't take pics , will do that as soon as possible
In all 16,58,000 approx on road.
drasitkhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:37   #459
BHPian
 
Ram_NP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 348
Thanked: 18 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Have got the white beauty home !!!
Congratulations!
Looking forward to your ownership thread with lot of photographs and initial experience.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 07:04   #460
BHPian
 
zen kobane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 65 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Have got the white beauty home !!!
Got delivery of my white SX Crdi Elantra first thing in the morning today
( Dhanteras)from Noida. Drove it home loving every minute of it!
Was very busy whole day today so couldn't take pics , will do that as soon as possible
In all 16,58,000 approx on road.
CONGRATULATIONS BUDDY! Looking forward to your ownership report and pics

You said Rs.16,58,000 on road? Isnt it 18.5 L (approx) on road? The Ex-showroom is 15.85 L as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong
zen kobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 12:24   #461
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 531
Thanked: 350 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Thanks Sunny and car crazy!!
The white (as can be seen) is the favourite color !
Ya there are no discounts AT ALL and no sense of desperation to sell Hyundai Diesels, they seem to be selling themselves .
I have booked the SX after much brain storming and Budget escalation
Might as well go for the whole Jing Bang , since one very important criteria for car selection for me was the features loaded into the car. That's how Jetta, Laura , Fluence and CRuze lost the race !
BTW the Hyundai evaluator has assessed the i20 at 4 lac approx, but am getting better (4.25 maybe) from a third party. It's a magna 5 gear( 1st generation, 2009 Nov) @ 48000 km white with Alloys.
(U can have a look at my 3year old Hyundai i20 Thread @ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports>My new i20 CRDI 1.4 Crystal white Magna)
Thanks !
Hmm.. if you have not traded your I20, i would say, think again.

One of my friend got an offer for 4L for I20 Petrol Magna which was a 2010 make in Hyderabad. I hope you would get more than whats being offered by the said third party. I would say, Try again as its your hard earned money. Just a free advice.
gemi_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:38   #462
BHPian
 
vkaul1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 230
Thanked: 67 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Have got the white beauty home !!!
Got delivery of my white SX Crdi Elantra first thing in the morning today
( Dhanteras)from Noida. Drove it home loving every minute of it!
Was very busy whole day today so couldn't take pics , will do that as soon as possible
In all 16,58,000 approx on road.
Congrats.. Saw one yesterday at the temple - I guess they had got it directly from the showroom for "puja". It looks really nice in flesh. Do share some pics soon.
vkaul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 17:58   #463
Newbie
 
jayzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Hi - Can someone tell me what the mileage for the Elantra looks like pls - I'm contemplating between the Elantra - Altis - Jetta & Fluence at the moment.

Cheers!
J
jayzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2012, 22:17   #464
BHPian
 
cars_crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 99
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna
Have got the white beauty home !!!.
Wonderful. Congratulations on the new addition in your family. Safe driving mate and do post the ownership thread soon!
cars_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2012, 08:14   #465
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 742
Thanked: 262 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzu View Post
Hi - Can someone tell me what the mileage for the Elantra looks like pls - I'm contemplating between the Elantra - Altis - Jetta & Fluence at the moment.

Cheers!
J
One of my friends recently bought an Elantra which has done 2000kms already. I met him recently and he mentioned that he was getting about 11kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic with 100% AC and about 14kmpl on the highway.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 216 23rd October 2016 05:46
Elantra GT vs Elantra Crdi(Was skoda vs elantra) azifali Sedans 39 17th August 2006 12:56
elantra crdi gtd vs elantra crdi (leather pack) super_700a Sedans 3 10th August 2006 07:38
Suggest me, Elantra CRDi or Elantra GLS hsmraj Sedans 16 11th April 2006 02:28
Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi lamborghini Sedans 36 30th January 2006 00:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks