Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2014, 18:13   #616
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Mine is almost two years old now. I am not aware if the seats are mixed or not. It does feel like full leather to me. The SX version has airbags in the front two seats also, so I am guessing for technical reasons they might have it with different materials. Regarding the tires, probably they have stopped importing the Nexen tyres or are trying to fit with equivalent makes in order to improve profits.

I did not get any spare head lamps.
Hi fellow bhpians!
Ive been using the elantra for more than a year now.
Imho nexen tires are not very good as compared to say Bridgestone/Michelin.
And they are going to get a facelift soon.. as they have already launched the avante facelift in Korea.. Maybe india will follow suit., which will have projector lamps et al.
I too have been exploring options to jazz it up. Options include android avn, rear bumper extension (scuff plate sort of thing), rear spoiler, projector lamps (about 40k imported from korea), led tail lamps etc. Lots of these are available on aliexpress. But im in a fix whether to go for it or not, due to quality concerns.

Irrespective of this discussion, i would like to highlight to all owners: please dont ever drive your elantra in heavly flooded areas, as I know of many people who have got their engines dead because of the same. Hyundai has placed the air intake downwards.. Which sucks in water if water levels exceed. Hope it will be helpful to all.
9nikhil is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2014, 10:00   #617
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 23
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Mine is almost two years old now. I am not aware if the seats are mixed or not. It does feel like full leather to me. The SX version has airbags in the front two seats also, so I am guessing for technical reasons they might have it with different materials. Regarding the tires, probably they have stopped importing the Nexen tyres or are trying to fit with equivalent makes in order to improve profits.

I did not get any spare head lamps.
My Elantra is about 2 years old now and the nexens are a pity on the car. After doing 25 k now have changed mine to Michelin 3st 215 60 16 . Trust me the experience is completely a different world . The nexens were no way comparative to Michelin. For those who are getting Goodyear an upgrade to Michelin would be a great choice and difference can be felt immediately.
Deepu Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:05   #618
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nikhil View Post
I too have been exploring options to jazz it up. Options include android avn, rear bumper extension (scuff plate sort of thing),
Hey Nikhil - which Android AVN are you considering for your Elantra? I am interested in changing the OEM head unit to get a better Bluetooth Head Unit, but I am not finding any good ones that will fit into the Elantra.
spiritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 15:56   #619
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5
Thanked: 5 Times
Smile re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritual View Post
Hey Nikhil - which Android AVN are you considering for your Elantra? I am interested in changing the OEM head unit to get a better Bluetooth Head Unit, but I am not finding any good ones that will fit into the Elantra.
Hi
Im considering MegaAudio, but its from china and im not so sure about the reliability. I have already used one in my safari but, it was about more than 1.5 years back. The search is on..
9nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2014, 17:34   #620
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 75 Times
Question re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9nikhil View Post
Hi
Im considering MegaAudio, but its from china and im not so sure about the reliability. I have already used one in my safari but, it was about more than 1.5 years back. The search is on..
ICT in Fludic Elantra is facing the roof of the car at an angle of about nearly 60-70 degrees to the ground - this angle is necessary to retain the water fall theme of the entire dashboard. Now, a typical touch screen AVN upgrade might attract a lot of glare because of this. Cruze and other European D1 step siblings have a rather vertical dashboard unit which stands upright and perpendicular to the ground and as a result any AVN upgrade will not suffer from glare.

I would like to read reviews from teambhp brethren who have upgraded their 2012+ Elantras to a touchscreen AVN recently to understand the glare issue better.
bhaskaracs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2014, 10:29   #621
~~h
BHPian
 
~~h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Singapre
Posts: 140
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Any news on the facelift ? I am kind of waiting for it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
A friend and tbhpian pinged last day from Singapore. He took two Elantra taxi each day he was there; first one's odo read was 977,00kms and next one's was 864,00kms
I donno if its petrol or diesel though but wow!
Most of the taxi fleet ( ~90%) are Sonata CRDi, and drivers seem happy about those. There are no Elantra taxis here but i40 - again CRDi-, they are spacious and supremely comfy than the Mercedes W212s.
~~h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2015, 14:23   #622
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Hi, I have bought an Elantra recently. I found that at times when i turn the Auto AC on, the car air ventilation light goes turns off. The default position for car ventilation when i generally start the car is to allow internal circulation (the blue light stays on). But as soon as i turn on Auto AC, the light goes off few instances. I am assuming this is because the Climate control function detects foul air inside the car and consequently allows external air circulation on its own (and the blue light goes off). Is this correct? Enclosing an image of the button below.
Attached Images
 
bhaskaracs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 22:24   #623
BHPian
 
prakhar1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 282
Thanked: 473 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Hi, I have bought an Elantra recently. I found that at times when i turn the Auto AC on, the car air ventilation light goes turns off. The default position for car ventilation when i generally start the car is to allow internal circulation (the blue light stays on). But as soon as i turn on Auto AC, the light goes off few instances. I am assuming this is because the Climate control function detects foul air inside the car and consequently allows external air circulation on its own (and the blue light goes off). Is this correct? Enclosing an image of the button below.
Most modern AC s detect oxygen levels, and accordingly change modes between recirculation or letting outside air in. This is extremely problematic in a place like India, with so much pollution and foul smells.

But, we should never solely drive or recirculation because it doesn't let oxygen replenish in the cabin
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 22:29   #624
BHPian
 
GKR9900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: EKM/Thrissur
Posts: 276
Thanked: 490 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Hello everyone,

I have a 2012 Elantra 1.6 CRDi SX MT that has run 15000km. This week the car has had signs of electronic power steering failure multiple times. Has any fellow t-bhpian encountered a similar problem??

Providing the thread link for more details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-failure.html
GKR9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 12:24   #625
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Hello all, i have a feeling, head lamps on Neo fludic elantra are rather weak. Or is it just my eyes? I have a feeling that my neighbours Polo and my own Santro have a brighter high beam on a typical night drive on a freeway. Have you seen any Head Lamp replacements expert recos for Elantra before? my vehicle is only two months old. I am not saying they are bad - they are just passable and I have seen head lamps with more brighness.
bhaskaracs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2015, 12:38   #626
BHPian
 
GKR9900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: EKM/Thrissur
Posts: 276
Thanked: 490 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Hello all, i have a feeling, head lamps on Neo fludic elantra are rather weak. Or is it just my eyes? I have a feeling that my neighbours Polo
I have an Elantra and a Vento at home. From using both , I felt that the Elantra's stock headlamps are way better than the Vento's. I believe Polo and Vento have same headlamp units. I replaced the Vento's stock bulbs for Osram NB for the same reason. Are your headlights adequately levelled? If the lights are not properly aligned, visibility problems can arise.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 15:06   #627
BHPian
 
sukhoi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 279
Thanked: 284 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Hello all, i have a feeling, head lamps on Neo fludic elantra are rather weak. Or is it just my eyes? I have a feeling that my neighbours Polo and my own Santro have a brighter high beam on a typical night drive on a freeway. Have you seen any Head Lamp replacements expert recos for Elantra before? my vehicle is only two months old. I am not saying they are bad - they are just passable and I have seen head lamps with more brighness.
Well, I don't find it weak. I have driven many a miles at night and find them to be good enough. I should say that it does its job. There is a beam adjustment scroll button next to the engine start button. Have you tried using it to adjust the beam height? It is another matter if you want to replace it with those bright white lights which has now become popular with many vehicle owners.
sukhoi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 15:10   #628
BHPian
 
sukhoi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 279
Thanked: 284 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a 2012 Elantra 1.6 CRDi SX MT that has run 15000km. This week the car has had signs of electronic power steering failure multiple times. Has any fellow t-bhpian encountered a similar problem??

Providing the thread link for more details :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-failure.html
I have run my Elantra close to 35000Km and haven't ever encountered this. Hopefully, I won't in the future!!! But, it is weird that EPS will fail as many vehicles have this basic feature and would work without any issues.
sukhoi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2015, 16:51   #629
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 135
Thanked: 75 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Well, I don't find it weak. I have driven many a miles at night and find them to be good enough. I should say that it does its job. There is a beam adjustment scroll button next to the engine start button. Have you tried using it to adjust the beam height? It is another matter if you want to replace it with those bright white lights which has now become popular with many vehicle owners.
I was referring to the illumination levels on high beam which cannot be adjusted. And no, i am not a big fan of white bulbs. Also, I am unsure if we are legally allowed to use such bulbs.

That brings me to a point. Are there prescribed limits on illumination when you are plying on roads. Again, enforcement it is a different matter, by the same spirit one is supposed to have the top half of their head lamp glasses blackened.
bhaskaracs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 13:49   #630
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 23
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Driven: 5th-gen Hyundai Elantra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Hello all, i have a feeling, head lamps on Neo fludic elantra are rather weak. Or is it just my eyes? I have a feeling that my neighbours Polo and my own Santro have a brighter high beam on a typical night drive on a freeway. Have you seen any Head Lamp replacements expert recos for Elantra before? my vehicle is only two months old. I am not saying they are bad - they are just passable and I have seen head lamps with more brighness.
Hi Bhaskar
well the only recommendation to improve the lights is to change your stock bulbs to philips extreme vision . The difference is phenomenal and u will enjoy the night drives then. Do post your experience post this.
thx
Deepu Sharma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 6th-gen Hyundai Elantra. EDIT: Launched at 12.99 lakh S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 216 23rd October 2016 05:46
Elantra GT vs Elantra Crdi(Was skoda vs elantra) azifali Sedans 39 17th August 2006 12:56
elantra crdi gtd vs elantra crdi (leather pack) super_700a Sedans 3 10th August 2006 07:38
Suggest me, Elantra CRDi or Elantra GLS hsmraj Sedans 16 11th April 2006 02:28
Elantra CRDi v/s Used Elantra CRDi v/s New Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi lamborghini Sedans 36 30th January 2006 00:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks