Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th August 2012, 14:52   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The Big Beast Hummer H2 - Dreams to reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
I have just one complaint for you, why did you mention the petrol price
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin22aug View Post
Hey thanks Pranav. sorry about mentioning petrol price but after seeing petrol prices skyrocketing in india, it was really a pleasant surprise here.
Here in this part of the world, the only way to relate Rs 12/- and Petrol is by means of yet another "Hike".

Oh, in this Petrol story I forgot to wish you buddy. Heartily Congratulations for you new possession. And yes the cabin doesn't really look like a "cabin", its size is perceived only relatively in second pic of pooja, its gigantic!
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 15:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Heartily Congratulations for you new possession.
Thank you ispoke. Even i am in the process of getting used to its width.
jatin22aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 16:25   #18
BHPian

Hello Jatin,

Congrats on the big buy... all the best and drive safe.

Imp Questions :
1. Do you know who the prevous owners were, for a 6 year old car esp in KWT looks to be clean.

2. did you buy this from a 4x4 or a used car dealer.?

3. Have u tried the 4x4 in both modes.?

I guess 22 aug is your anniversary of your birthday. Hence do not want to scare you.... but if you have two neagitves to the above three questions. Please give yourself a gift on the 22nd. REturn it.

I have taken part in a few OTRs in the desert and seen these beasts being practically abused by the local drivers.

Once again, the intention is not to spoil ur fun mate ... sincere apologies if you feel this was out of context
shivshanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 17:07   #19
BHPian

Features Update:
  • Vehicle has a feature that will automatically unlock the doors and turn the interior lamps on when the airbags inflate.
  • There is one feature known as Delay Locking. When locking the doors with the power lock switch or the keyless entry transmitter and a door is open, this feature will automatically lock the doors after five seconds after the last door is closed.
  • If the power lock switch is pressed when a door is open and the key is in the ignition, all of the doors will lock and then the driver’s door will unlock. This is to avoid key lockout in vehicle.
  • Express up and down windows button which enable all windows to close and open at a click of a button.
  • If the onboard computer senses engine overheating, it changes the automatic transmission shifting pattern. This will enable engine to cool down however at the expense of performance. A Good feature.
  • The vehicle is equipped with an automatic mirror, it will, when on, automatically dim to the proper level to minimize glare from vehicle headlights behind in night.
  • The side mirrors are heated to remove any mist/snow. Even side mirrors are auto-dimming to avoid glare in night.
  • The vehicle is equipped with Onstar system (i could not verify it till date). Onstart used GPS technology, wireless communications and live advisors to provide a wide range of safety, security, information, and convenience services. If airbags deploy, the system is designed to make an automatic call to OnStar so that emergency help could be sent.
  • A universal home remote system is provided for garage door/gate opener. This feature is useless for me in kuwait.
  • Sunroof has express open/close button alongwith option for ventilation position.
  • The Instrument panel brightness can be controlled via a thumbwheel near the steering.
  • Dome lamps come on when any door is opened. The same can be disabled via personal settings. Apart from dome lamps there are reading lamps for each passenger.
  • There is feature known as Battery rundown protection which shut off lamps inside vehicle (if left on) after 10 minutes of locking the car.
  • The vehicle is equipped with entry/exit lighting that enables drives to unboard with hastle in dark parking lots.
  • Rear view camera is equipped with night vision feature.
  • The vehicle is equipped with 5 accessory power outlets along with one cigarette lighter and ashtray.
  • Hummer is known for its perimeter and roof marker lights. Hummer looks great in night with its roof marker lights. will upload a picture soon.
  • Engaging reverse gear will tilt down the side view mirrors for curb view. The feature can be turned off or either of driver or passenger side mirror can be selected for tilting. The same comes back automatically once reverse is disengaged.
  • The vehicle audio system has theft deterrent feature. If stolen from hummer and tried installing on another vehicle, it will give 'locked' warning and render itself unusable.
  • There is rear axel locking feature. The locking rear axle will give vehicle additional traction from the rear wheels when traveling in off-road situations such as mud, snow, sand, steep hills and
    uneven terrain.
  • The electronically controlled air suspension, keeps the rear of vehicle level as we load and unload it. The system includes a compressor, two height sensor and two air springs supporting the vehicle.
  • There is a button to increase back ground clearance by 2 inches. Pushing this button the vehicle bottom moves up to provide more ground clearance required mostly during offroading.

Last edited by GTO : 17th August 2012 at 09:40.
Old 14th August 2012, 17:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivshanker View Post
Hello Jatin,

Congrats on the big buy... all the best and drive safe.
Thank you Shivshanker.

Quote:
Imp Questions :
1. Do you know who the prevous owners were, for a 6 year old car esp in KWT looks to be clean.
2. did you buy this from a 4x4 or a used car dealer.?
I purchased this vehicle from a kuwaiti. He has kept it well although he has used it for offroading as well as highway driving. I hope this covers your first two questions.

Quote:
3. Have u tried the 4x4 in both modes.?
No unfortunately till date i didnt not get chance to do any offroading. Moreover the system looks ok to me. Will be validated once i do some serious offroading.
Old 14th August 2012, 19:47   #21
BHPian

Hi jatin22aug, Congrats on your hummer H2,

You look very happy with your new toy.

Hope you enjoy your ride and many more mile to go.

All the best for your new possesion.
drbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 22:56   #22
BHPian

Woo hoo! This is a good example of living the dream. Its a stunning beast & your grin says it all. While 120 KM is the speed limit, Drive safely so that on one on the road gets hurt (Obv nothing will happen to you in this Tank). Happy cruizing!
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 23:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Question Re: The Big Beast Hummer H2 - Dreams to reality

Wow, look at the size of the vehicle, and the wheels!! The Hummer even dwarfs the Toyota Prado next to it. Congrats on the purchase!! Please do update the thread regularly with your experiences. I have only one question - Is it a bit claustrophobic inside, since the windows are quite small?

In Kuwait, roads are wide enough to permit such huge vehicles. And with petrol costing only 12/- a litre, I guess, this 'kitna deti hain' factor will never cross in your mind; so you can thoroughly enjoy the car without feeling guilty like we do in India
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 23:58   #24
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Heartiest congratulations Jatin! Love to see people chasing and realizing their (car) dreams.

The H2 looks smashing in White. Wish you many happy miles with it!

Congratulations again! Enjoy the drool-worthy ride!
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2012, 11:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Hi jatin22aug, Congrats on your hummer H2,

You look very happy with your new toy.

Hope you enjoy your ride and many more mile to go.

All the best for your new possesion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
Woo hoo! This is a good example of living the dream. Its a stunning beast & your grin says it all. While 120 KM is the speed limit, Drive safely so that on one on the road gets hurt (Obv nothing will happen to you in this Tank). Happy cruizing!
Thank you drbones and urajkumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow, look at the size of the vehicle, and the wheels!! The Hummer even dwarfs the Toyota Prado next to it. Congrats on the purchase!! Please do update the thread regularly with your experiences. I have only one question - Is it a bit claustrophobic inside, since the windows are quite small?

In Kuwait, roads are wide enough to permit such huge vehicles. And with petrol costing only 12/- a litre, I guess, this 'kitna deti hain' factor will never cross in your mind; so you can thoroughly enjoy the car without feeling guilty like we do in India
Thanks man. I have added features update yesterday however being newbie my thread takes a long route before being visible to public . It does not feel claustrophobic at all as the outside visibility is superb except back, where spare wheel blocks the view. The kuwaiti lanes are broad and therefore are no issues with the highway driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Heartiest congratulations Jatin! Love to see people chasing and realizing their (car) dreams.

The H2 looks smashing in White. Wish you many happy miles with it!

Congratulations again! Enjoy the drool-worthy ride!
Thanks SDP.
Old 28th January 2013, 16:46   #26
BHPian

Congrats jatin22aug ! That's a wonderful pick. That is one massive beast you have there. I have some apprehensions as to the car's mileage. This was also one of the main reasons why it had to be phased out by GM. What are the FE figures you are getting?
Batfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 21:33   #27
BHPian

This is just crazy stuff, owing a Hummer, WOW.
Loved the way you have penned down your experience.
Take some more shots of the beast from ground level please, your angles makes it looks small.
himadrimondal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2013, 21:59   #28
BHPian

Hi Jatin, Even if you haven't updated this thread for long, I have to congratulate you for living your dream n I'm pretty sure you will continue to grow n all your dream will come true (how I made this conclusion : After seeing the photo of our Sadguru SAINATH in your car)🙏
bhunu AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2013, 12:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Congrats jatin22aug ! That's a wonderful pick. That is one massive beast you have there. I have some apprehensions as to the car's mileage. This was also one of the main reasons why it had to be phased out by GM. What are the FE figures you are getting?
Thank you Batfreak. Car is giving me somewhere around 4 KMPL. As i said in my thread as well, for Petrol @ 12 Rs per L this is not a big setback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
This is just crazy stuff, owing a Hummer, WOW.
Loved the way you have penned down your experience.
Take some more shots of the beast from ground level please, your angles makes it looks small.
Thank you himadri. I have taken 100s of pictures but all of them are still resting in my camera. Surely will put some soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hi Jatin, Even if you haven't updated this thread for long, I have to congratulate you for living your dream n I'm pretty sure you will continue to grow n all your dream will come true (how I made this conclusion : After seeing the photo of our Sadguru SAINATH in your car)��
Thanks Bhunu. Indeed its sainath's blessings that had made me what i am today.
Old 4th February 2013, 18:18   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Hummer. When I realised that you are indeed talking about a real Hummer, I was praying that it should be a yellow one! But it's ok, white doesn't look that bad either. The Prado next to it seem like a toy!

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring. Please do betsow is with whole lot more pics!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote