Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th September 2012, 14:48   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Another feature of XUV which is not mentioned in any review -

Self healing technology.

The door which refused to open is alright now. It behaves as if nothing was really wrong with it in the first place!

The windows still squeak but the noise is reducing with each passing day. I assume even that will sort itself very soon.

So the scheduled trip to A.S.S. has been cancelled. Thankfully.
Like, like!

I've experienced this as well. The engine scrapping noise, brake grinding noise etc are 'healed' as of now. Hope they don't come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Are you able to get the SMS working on the infotainment system after pairing your phone using Bluesense?
SMS reading works at least on Nokia Symbian phones. I've tried on N8.
No luck in getting it working with any Android phones so far (tried an HTC & Sony).
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 15:33   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatin22aug View Post
Congrats Raj for your Xoovy. The pictures are awesome and i envy you for your white beast. XUV has been one of my favourites and i always wanted to own one but somehow destiny had something else for me as i had to move out of India to a country where Mahindra's presence is next to NIL. Just one query, have you faced problems with central display for tiretronics showing error message?
Thank you very much buddy. Dont worry, I wish that you will get to own bigger beasts someday.

No, I have not faced any issues with tiretronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
raj_5004,
Are you able to get the SMS working on the infotainment system after pairing your phone using Bluesense?
As 'Tachobells' mentioned, Android phones do not support SMS transfer facility. Even my Punto never used to read out messages from my Android.

I have heard it works well with Symbaians (Nokias).
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 15:46   #78
BHPian

[quote=raj_5004;2901144] Dont worry, I wish that you will get to own bigger beasts someday.
quote]

Yes Raj, GOD spared one Hummer H2 for me which i am driving since last one month. I am not at all missing XUV.
jatin22aug is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 10:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics -

3D maxpider mats in front seat -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0172.jpg

In the rear seat (sorry for that blurred pic!) -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0174.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0175.jpg

No transmission hump on the floor and no protruding centre console means even the middle passenger can be comfortable -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0178.jpg

Rear AC vents -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0180.jpg

Max and min legroom of rear seat -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0176.jpg
Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0177.jpg

Legroom for me (I am 6'2") -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0179.jpg

Rear door -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0181.jpg

View from rear seat -

Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8-dsc_0182.jpg
raj_5004 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 13:10   #80
BHPian

Nice mats.. thanks for the pics!
Whats your view on the foot rest? I am someone not a chrome person and wanted to check out some aftermarket accessories instead of the official accesory?
DoneAndDusted is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 00:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Nice mats.. thanks for the pics!
Whats your view on the foot rest? I am someone not a chrome person and wanted to check out some aftermarket accessories instead of the official accesory?
Even I dont like chrome, but the footrest is real good quality stuff and recommended, especially if someone in your family intends to use it.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Loved the mats. Could you share where you sourced them from and the cost? Also if possible, a clearer pic of front driver well mat.
parsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2012, 19:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Loved the mats. Could you share where you sourced them from and the cost? Also if possible, a clearer pic of front driver well mat.
I bought them from Autosmart Agencies/Car Point in Charni Road, Mumbai. They costed me Rs. 7250/-.
Old 28th September 2012, 18:45   #84
BHPian

Congratulation Raj for your beautiful Polar Bear.

My uncle has booked the "XUV500 W8 AWD" on 14th Sep here in Kolkata, but to get the Polar Bear at home we have to wait for 4 months. If cancellations are there then we can expect it to arrive this year else the delivery will be in early January .

After reading the review I'm really very excited now. I have shown this to all my family members too . waiting for more updates from you.
shomshree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 16:40   #85
Senior - BHPian

A quick update on the Xoovy -

She is being used very frequently these days, has almost touched 5k mark. And yes, no niggles whatsoever!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2012, 19:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Xoovy - My Mahindra XUV5OO W8

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
A quick update on the Xoovy -

She is being used very frequently these days, has almost touched 5k mark. And yes, no niggles whatsoever!
Heartiest congratulations! And kuddos to M&M for improving the quality. I am sure it will give confidence to many prospective buyers.

Any modifications planned? What has been the KPL?
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 23:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Heartiest congratulations! And kuddos to M&M for improving the quality. I am sure it will give confidence to many prospective buyers.

Any modifications planned? What has been the KPL?
Very very sorry for the delayed reply buddy, been very busy these days.

I normally ICE my cars, add aftermarket alloys and leather seats to it, thats about it. I wont ICE the XUV as I am scared that the door pads would start rattling soon and I am happy with the current setup as of now. I love the stock alloys of XUV and more importantly, while changing the alloys, I will have to tamper with the TPMS sensors, which I wont do. Finally, the stock leather seats are great and because of inbuilt airbags, I cannot touch the stock covers. So, in short, no mods.

KPL:
In city (heavy traffic) - 9-9.5 kmpl
On highways (100-130 kmph) - 12.5-13 kmpl
Old 30th December 2012, 22:48   #88
BHPian

Raj and other XUV owners,

I would like to clarify one thing wrt the PDI of the XUV when it arrives at the stock yard.
Will it have some sort of body paint protection covering. I have seen a white sheet which is sticking to the body in some snaps on this forum.

When i asked my Executive, he said no such body covering comes on XUV during its transportation from Manufacturing centre to the showroom.

Pls confirm, so that, i will ask them to remove that covering only after i see the vehicle in flesh.

Sorry for the OT

Regards
Pramod
pramod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2012, 17:02   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Raj and other XUV owners,

I would like to clarify one thing wrt the PDI of the XUV when it arrives at the stock yard.
Will it have some sort of body paint protection covering. I have seen a white sheet which is sticking to the body in some snaps on this forum.

When i asked my Executive, he said no such body covering comes on XUV during its transportation from Manufacturing centre to the showroom.

Pls confirm, so that, i will ask them to remove that covering only after i see the vehicle in flesh.

Sorry for the OT

Regards
Pramod
Yes, all XUV's come with protective white body covering especially in the front fender and the door areas. I can confirm this because during the pdi of my XUV, all cars in the stockyard had the same protective covering. So don't let the sales guys put a fast one on you.

Last edited by abhinavinc : 31st December 2012 at 17:04.
abhinavinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

When you have heard or read about certain issues in your car, you are always eager to find them!

While driving my XUV, I drive with ears wide open to listen to any abnormalities. The issues which I feel is present in my car are:

1) Brake grinding noise : you rarely hear it, but nevertheless M&M has a solution for it, so I will opt for it anyways.

2) Thud from suspension : I dont know if I am imagining things... maybe its normal suspension noise, but I will still get this checked.

3) Faint rattling from driver's door and rear RHS door : can be heard with music off.

Now apart from the niggles, the good things to talk about:

1) I will die repeating this - the mHawk engine is a masterpiece. The bottom end torque is so good that it pulls cleanly even in 6th gear. The engine is refined and is giving us an average of 10-11 kmpl.

2) I am very happy with the suspension setup. Yes, it is stiff - even the Punto was stiff. But at higher speeds, it is compliant and the stiff suspension also enables the XUV to handle like a tall hatchback, if not a road hugging sedan.

3) The XUV can really mask speeds. The acceleration is great and NVH is good, so the cabin remains calm.

4) The clutch, even after so much abuse, is super light to use.

5) I am okay with the braking, maybe I got used to it... My friend mentioned that the brake takes a long time to bite, so I think I should get the new pedal setup.

6) All the gadgets (automatic wipers, cruise control, infotainment system, etc.) performs beautifully.

7) The A/C is a chiller in the sweltering Mumbai heat. Even in the rear seats.

Reviews from my friends and family:

Friend 1 (after driving it): I am in love with the XUV, love every bit of it.

Friend 2: It handles like a car...

Brother: Good car, but Innova is better. Seats of XUV are more comfortable though.

Mother: Innova is better as it is easier to get in and get out. My mom is a Safari fan and she travelled in my uncle's new Safari 2.2 recently and she says - XUV is more comfortable than the Safari, in seat comfort and ride... Safari was bouncy. I was like - [surprise] (She has not been driven around in the Storme yet)

Sister-in-law: Legroom in rear seat is more in Innova, but both cars are equal in other aspects.

All of them (unanimously) : "XUV is 100 times better than a Scorpio".

As far as I am concerned - for that money, this is the perfect vehicle in that segment for my needs. My next choice for that money would be the Chevrolet Cruze.

Meanwhile, today the chauffeur reversed my Xoovy onto a wall and there is a small dent on the rear bumper. Xoovy is going for a service soon and I will update the costs...

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd June 2013 at 13:39.
raj_5004 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote