Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st January 2013, 22:38   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Unless you are a person with regular 5 passenger user, this shouldnt be so much of a concern.
We have only 4 members in the family. But mum is always complaining about how 3 people can't be accommodated easily at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
I have a car kit installed (Motorola T325) and have been using it for 6 months now. It works just as it is supposed to and I won't feel comfortable driving without one because of the convenience it offers.the sound clarity and volume are top notch given the fact that I drive both on highways and the chaotic lanes of Bombay.
Should probably give this a look. The accessory they gave us is barely used! Just lies around unused the whole time.
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 19:20   #47

Fellow Jazz Owners,

A new update--After waiting for six months, countless discussions with the family whether to cancel my booking and go for another car (bummer ), and advice from a friendly sales guy stating that Jazz numbers have really dwindled in the past couple of months due to the upcoming Amaze release and that I should cancel, I was all but decided to start scouting for other options.

Then one morning a call comes from another showroom (I had booked in two places) that they are receiving one (yes one!) Select Edition and it's on transit and if I was okay with the color, I should make a beeline and confirm it. It was Rallye Red Select against my original choice of UT as mentioned earlier. This was my 2nd choice of color other than silver. I figured a change of color was better than a change of car and confirmed it early last week! My only concern was if the showroom was trying to clear out an older (2012) model. However, after receiving the VIN, I'm pretty sure it's a 2013 Jan model. Made the downpayment and waiting for loan approval. Once this comes through, the girl...err...car is mine!

Any Select owners here who can comment on the front chrome grill and rear garnish? Does the Select originally come with black grill/garnish along with the chrome as optional fitments? I personally felt that chrome looks good only on the UT as I haven't really seen many red Selects around. Elusive little car, this one! Would I be able to get the black grill/garnish instead of the chrome ones? I'd be happy to buy it from any of our fellow members here as well who opted for the X-kit and have the black fittings for sale/giveaway?

Warm Regards,
Jeetu
jithurao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 14:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithurao View Post
Fellow Jazz Owners,

A new update--After waiting for six months, countless discussions with the family whether to cancel my booking and go for another car (bummer ), and advice from a friendly sales guy stating that Jazz numbers have really dwindled in the past couple of months due to the upcoming Amaze release and that I should cancel, I was all but decided to start scouting for other options.

Then one morning a call comes from another showroom (I had booked in two places) that they are receiving one (yes one!) Select Edition and it's on transit and if I was okay with the color, I should make a beeline and confirm it. It was Rallye Red Select against my original choice of UT as mentioned earlier. This was my 2nd choice of color other than silver. I figured a change of color was better than a change of car and confirmed it early last week! My only concern was if the showroom was trying to clear out an older (2012) model. However, after receiving the VIN, I'm pretty sure it's a 2013 Jan model. Made the downpayment and waiting for loan approval. Once this comes through, the girl...err...car is mine!

Any Select owners here who can comment on the front chrome grill and rear garnish? Does the Select originally come with black grill/garnish along with the chrome as optional fitments? I personally felt that chrome looks good only on the UT as I haven't really seen many red Selects around. Elusive little car, this one! Would I be able to get the black grill/garnish instead of the chrome ones? I'd be happy to buy it from any of our fellow members here as well who opted for the X-kit and have the black fittings for sale/giveaway?

Warm Regards,
Jeetu
Congrats and you won't regret your decision - the Jazz is a wonderful little hatchback with solid Honda reliability. We have the pre facelift Select, so not sure about the chrome grill and the rear garnish, but I think they come as separate accessories on the Select, which are only available as stock on the fully loaded Jazz X version. I could be wrong though. In either case, we opted for the Mode package which is a good upgrade pack, if available on the post facelift versions. Anyway, good luck with your new ride and drive safe!
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 23:22   #49

Quote:
Fellow Jazz Owners,

Warm Regards,
Jeetu
I too own a Jazz Select. Unfortunately, the garish chrome grill is factory-fitted. You can replace the same with the black grill that is standard on the base model. I did that when I bought my Jazz last year. It should cost you approximately Rs. 3000. You can also buy the grill and spoiler from Jazz X but that costs more than Rs. 15,000.

Hope that helps.
Sam007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2013, 20:59   #50

Hey thanks Sphinx & Sam for your inputs. I'll see if I can get this as a freebie although I doubt it. No discounts whatsoever!! On another note, it's been my dream to own a Jazz ever since I laid my eyes upon it in early 2009. So as you've mentioned there will be nothing to regret (I hope!). Delay in loan process as of today's bandh. Still haven't gone for the PDI.
Old 21st February 2013, 11:13   #51
BHPian

Even I had got the call (though not sure if this was it), as I had also inquired with both the dealers sometime back
Anyways I have changed my plans. My heart still beats for Jazz but after lot of thought I decided to let go of the Jazzmania! It is a wonderful car with superb engine and oozing luxury. I will always remember it as the most desired vehicle in my heart
Wish you all the best and hoping to see an ownership thread soon.
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2013, 23:32   #52

Latest update folks!

Although the car arrived at the stockyard by Feb 15, I had not been able to see it. Imagine waiting over 6 months, knowing that the car was finally here, and still not being able to see it!! It has been a frustrating time, indeed! What's more, the down payment I had made was rejected because of "signature mismatch" and what not and the sales guy started throwing tantrums that the car cannot be seen unless the down payment was realized. Tough luck! I also got a call from the bank that my loan has been approved! About time!

Finally, the down payment was settled and I was called to the showroom to see the car...yes, they've moved it to the showroom from the stockyard waiting to be delivered for moi!!! ...and presenting the initial pictures (I know, I know, this could have waited, but I can't wait no more!!). Gosh, was my heart beating fast seeing the hot red paint...see for yourselves!
Attached Thumbnails
Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-p1070486_resized.jpg  

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-p1070488_resized.jpg  

Playtime is back! Urban Titanium Honda Jazz X comes home-p1070492_resized.jpg  

jithurao is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2013, 12:31   #53
BHPian

Good on you mate, got the last few ones which will be made currently! Take good care of her
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2013, 22:20   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Good on you mate, got the last few ones which will be made currently! Take good care of her
Whoa?! Really? What do you mean exactly? Is it gonna stop being made soon? While the Jazz club has always kind of been niche giving us that special feeling that we're one amongst the other Jazz owners, it's worrying if they completely stop making/importing it to India. Where would we go for all the service and spares!

On another note, thank you very much, sir. I sure will take good care of her for years to come. Point in case, my 1991 Maruti Omni which is still as shiny as it was when we first got it! Just short of 75,000 km in 22 years and it's painful to part with it. I hope my Jazz will give me many satisfying years like my old and faithful did.
Old 27th February 2013, 14:25   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa?! Really? What do you mean exactly? Is it gonna stop being made soon? While the Jazz club has always kind of been niche giving us that special feeling that we're one amongst the other Jazz owners, it's worrying if they completely stop making/importing it to India. Where would we go for all the service and spares!

On another note, thank you very much, sir. I sure will take good care of her for years to come. Point in case, my 1991 Maruti Omni which is still as shiny as it was when we first got it! Just short of 75,000 km in 22 years and it's painful to part with it. I hope my Jazz will give me many satisfying years like my old and faithful did.
Oh yes, shes a Honda and will stand the test of time! Wishing you many happy miles matey.

Cheers!
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2013, 18:01   #56
ZMG
BHPian

Congratulations jithurao and ashwin for the JAZZ. This is my very first post in the forum, and I have been following your thread very closely. I totally love the Jazz. Can you please update on the car regarding the performance, distance clocked, mileage and any issues (I really hope there ain't any )

Keep Driving
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2013, 11:35   #57

And she's finally here! Red Hot Select! Took delivery on March 2nd. Driven about 400km so far. She's super smooth and awesome! AVG fuel consumption was showing about 10km when I first rolled her out, but has since gone up between 12.5-13 kmpl. I wonder what the actual FE would be.

Thanks to everyone here for their amazing updates, support, and loyalties to one of the best hatchbacks around. I'm sure all the new owners will be just as happy and thrilled (as I and) as the ones who've owned it for some time now notwithstanding the sudden, abrupt stop in production for the next one year, at least. Hope it comes back soon with more drool factor! Ownership thread coming soon!

Cheers all!
Old 31st May 2013, 23:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

I've been missing updates from this thread I know not why.

Anyway, jithurao, congrats! The red IMO is the best shade for the Jazz. Looks smashing!

We haven't really clocked much, around 1600km on the odo. Car is barely used, no highway runs, all in city runs till date. So no real performance benchmark to start with and given how we're relative newbies, we don't have the experience to compare with other cars.

But yes, FE is around 12-13 without the AC. No issues as such. Hard to say considering how infrequently the car is used.

But the car has sustained some cosmetic damage courtesy of street dogs that happened to have entered our compound after jumping over the neighbour's wall. They made a mess of the car cover and have left bite marks all over the front right wheel arch. Looks a mess, but can't do much about it I guess. A picture will help I know, will post one tomorrow if I get the time.

But one thing I do wonder about is, why is the A-pillar so thick? I need to lean my head backwards to sometimes see who/what is on the right side.

And jithurao, yes, the Jazz as well as the Civic have been stopped for now. I'm sure Honda will plonk in their now high-in-demand i-DTEC engine in them, upgrade the features list a bit and will then release it again.

I for one, am hoping the Civic's looks are retained. It looks amazing even after all these years!
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 06:59   #59
BHPian

You're right. The front quarter windows don't really help much either, particularly in city rides. But, it does let in a little more light which gives it that more open look. That A pillar is an obstruction even on highway rides, especially on the ghats. On that note, I prefer to lean forward for a better view. Helps to keep a wider angle of view on the rest of the road, which is where the danger lurks, especially from unguided missiles like rickshaws!
CowlFlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:08   #60

Hey Ashwin,

Thanks for your comments on the car. I know!! There haven't been much updates on the Jazz front ever since the bad news that it's been stopped. Keep it going guys!! Ok, the reason I haven't been able to write is that, just when I got my car and started getting used to it, my company decides to send me to the US. So here I am working in California and dreaming of my Red Hot! I agree, Ashwin, red is an awesome color, which is why I didn't say no when they said there's one available instead of my original choice--UT.

On another note, guys, anybody that thinks Jazz is not popular in India, you should see here. I've been here about a month and have seen (and still see) scores of Jazz (Fits) here. I'm sure it is one of the most driven hatchbacks here and that makes me feel happy. On the look side, I somehow felt that our European/Asian versions are better looking. Maybe I feel that way 'cause of the slight change in the rear lights and bumper profiles.

I'm dying to get back to my car, if I ever get my hands on a rental car here, I promise it will be the Fit!! And I'll definitely start my ownership thread once I'm back! Ashwin, too bad to know that the dogs have been messing with your baby. But all the best and have fun. Go for a long trip sometime so we get to read another interesting post!