Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th August 2014, 15:11   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Platinum Possession: My VW Jetta Comfortline

Quote:
Originally Posted by carizma View Post
The mod has been done at home using 3M Di-NOC architectural vinyl (wood finish and brushed aluminium finish vinyls). The car looks much more matured and classy now.

Will be glad to help.
That is some amazing neat work then. Looked OE stuff to me. Anyway,
Did u remove the panels? How about any air bubbles? and is the aluminium finish vinyl prone to scratches?

Thanks
Crazy_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 15:54   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Platinum Possession: My VW Jetta Comfortline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Looks superb and one would be hard pressed to say that this is a DIY. Did you remove the parts before doing the vinyl work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
That is some amazing neat work then. Looked OE stuff to me. Anyway,
Did u remove the panels? How about any air bubbles? and is the aluminium finish vinyl prone to scratches?

Thanks
The job has to be done with a little patience and the end result is amazing.

The trims can be removed using a flat screw-driver and gently applying pressure. A T-15/20/25 torx screw driver would be needed to open screws where present. In the Jetta, only the trimming above the glove box has screws, rest of the trims can be removed as already described. You can always GOOGLE for Passat. The quality of 3M vinyl is very good and built to last. Best part about this mod is that it is totally reversible. The heat gun came in handy for fixing the sheet properly and removing the few air bubbles that were present.
Attached Thumbnails
Platinum Possession: My VW Jetta Comfortline-img_20140322_220156.jpg  

Platinum Possession: My VW Jetta Comfortline-img_20140323_135809.jpg  

carizma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote