Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th September 2012, 16:04   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Beauty And The Grey Beast! Renault Duster RxL 110 (O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Many congratulations on your grey beast !!

The car definitely seems like a gentle beast from whatever i have seen on the roads. From the pics it seems like the gear box is placed rather high, hope that doesn't cause any discomfort in the drive.

How about the turbo lag of the car ?? and how do you feel is the city maneuverability of the car ??
Hi Prodigyy

Thanks a lot ! the Gear box is nicely placed and does not seem too high while driving. Turbo lag is evident at low rpm range and hence a bit of problem in bumper to bumper traffic jam. otherwise it is very driveable in the City too and good seating position along with height makes it an absolute driving pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
Congratulations Nitin on acquiring your new ride! You have made a wise decision. Most people end up buying another sedan or a 7-seater when the latter one is absolutely not needed. A 5-seater vehicle with decent ride quality and abilty to tackle rough roads is the necessity of the day as parking space is becoming a headache for bigger vehicles. There is a Duster of same color as yours in my office complex and I have seen ladies staring at it many times and saying "that is the Duster." If there are no initial niggles in this vehicle and Renault provides good after sales, they have a winner for sure.

Hi Pranav

Thanks a lot. Yes for a five seater it is very much worth the price. Thankfully it does not have any initial niggle other than small rattling sound near the driverside window. The Grey colour has grown on to me

so I am loving it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Congrats Nitinz! Lucky you, having got hands on RXL 110 (O). You got a 5 seater instead of 4. Those opting for RXZ might be cursing renault. The chrome exhaust tip looks good. And yes, you would need to change those speakers, I wonder why manufacturers skimp on this aspect when only a few thousands could do wonders.

Enjoy your ride and may this prover super reliable to you.
Thanks Shreyas

Yes it is nice to have RXL than RXZ as there is no obstruction of Rear AC. infact just the other day my kids, my wife and one another adult were very comfortably seated in back without any hassles .

Yes changing speakers is a priority now.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Congrats Nitinz on acquiring Duster.
Probably first on Tbhp in Delhi/Ncr.
How was the dealer experience,pls share.
How was your SA in Delhi Renault West?
Hi

The Dealership experience has not been a great one. The delay though due to Renault's production was never communicated good enough by the dealer. No news was forthcoming despite repeated calls. They could not handle the sheer number of customers. same goes for Service Advisor.

But Duster more than makes up for Dealership downslide. It may be called a poorman's suv but it is still a SUV! and for this price this is already a winner.

Cheers
Nitinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2012, 12:55   #17
BHPian

Grey Gentle Beast Crosses 1000K Mark

My grey beast has gently crossed the 1000 km without any fuss.

A small update for 1000 KM Benchmark

* Getting used to now a harder than usual Clutch and Steering Wheel
* Now that I am getting hang of it, it is getting more fun to drive.
* Road Presence is there as Heads do turn a lot due to Novelty factor, but it is not a big SUV and can get lost in the big crowd.
* now getting to spot lot of Dusters on Road every single day!
* Bluetooth Connects instant most of time, but occasionally took a lot of time to connect and has hanged a couple of times
* Average Fuel Consumption has improved to 13.8 km/l
* Just the other day, I noticed while i was in the passenger seat there was some noise every time the driver changed gear and pressed the accelerator. Probably the Driver was not timing the Gear Shift ? then just to cross check, I drove and was careful about releasing the clutch in time and did not pedal the accelerator too hard and there was no noise at all.

* Gentle Beast climbed a steep incline very smoothly the other day. though i was a bit worried how it would behave , but there were no hassles.

Cheers

Nitin
Nitinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 14:51   #18
BHPian

Hi Nitinz,

Please share more details about the insurance you took
1. What kind of insurance was it?
2. When did you apply for it, before the car was registered or after?
3. What information will I need from the dealer to take insurance, will engine and chassis number do?
4. Did you apply for the discount given for an ARAI approved security system?
sumeshmani is offline   Reply With Quote