Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th December 2012, 08:29   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My First Diesel car - Mahindra XUV 5OO - Power unleashed

Hello superbhikari

Which brand of 16 gb pen drive are you using , these days sony , HP , transcend brands are having problem when connected to HU . Try Sandisk or kingston pen drives , as these days many HU are having problem reading pen drives of HP , sony and transcend . I have an alpine HU which had the same problem of making the headunit hanged . Try usiing below mentioned pen drives and i hope it will solve your problem .

http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-cruz...9-28ade1d98f19

http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-dat...c-d6f23d9ef61b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
2) 16 GB still not recognizing. He said you must use only 4GB pen drive with multiple folders. Will check if it is so.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 24th December 2012 at 08:46.
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 13:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello superbhikari

Which brand of 16 gb pen drive are you using , these days sony , HP , transcend brands are having problem when connected to HU . Try Sandisk or kingston pen drives , as these days many HU are having problem reading pen drives of HP , sony and transcend . I have an alpine HU which had the same problem of making the headunit hanged . Try usiing below mentioned pen drives and i hope it will solve your problem .

http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-cruz...9-28ade1d98f19

http://www.flipkart.com/kingston-dat...c-d6f23d9ef61b
I am already using Sandisk 16GB Cruzer Fit Pen Drive. Also, tried other brand 8 GB but same problem persist. Will check with 4GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit today.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 17:00   #18
BHPian

So you are using the small pendrive , get a cruzer blade 16 gb pen drive and then try to run and it will run fine . These smaller pen drives tends to give issue while reading data from headunits .

Quote:
I am already using Sandisk 16GB Cruzer Fit Pen Drive. Also, tried other brand 8 GB but same problem persist. Will check with 4GB Sandisk Cruzer Fit today.
Safari_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 18:30   #19
BHPian

checked with 4gb pen drive but it's still not recognizing. Seems to be problem with software or may be the port itself. Will get it checked on my next visit to the workshop.
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:16   #20
BHPian

Just looking for some accessories on vicky.in and came across side foot steps for XUV at really cheap prices. Can anybody share any experience on it.
Link - http://www.vicky.in/shopping/galio-f...ilter_name=xuv
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:32   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
checked with 4gb pen drive but it's still not recognizing. Seems to be problem with software or may be the port itself. Will get it checked on my next visit to the workshop.
Is this problem resolved? Two things,
1. Chances are very high that the connectivity at the back has been broken somehow. It could be a loosely soldered wire as experienced by many
2. I hope you are not trying the pen drive slot on the dash top compartment in the center?

Quote:
Just looking for some accessories on vicky.in and came across side foot steps for XUV at really cheap prices. Can anybody share any experience on it.
Vicky.in shopping seems to have acquired some real bad name of late. be careful... do your research before you plan to buy something from them.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:35   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Is this problem resolved? Two things,
1. Chances are very high that the connectivity at the back has been broken somehow. It could be a loosely soldered wire as experienced by many
2. I hope you are not trying the pen drive slot on the dash top compartment in the center?
Problem not resolved since visit to service center is pending. I am not trying the pen drive on the dash top compartment.
Old 1st February 2013, 00:22   #23
BHPian

Update on the USB port/Pen Drive problem -
Visited the Service center in the first week of Jan to get the Pen drive problem rectified. But after spending an hour the SA told me to go to the authorised Nippon service center to get it checked & rectified. I was unable to visit the Nippon guys at that time due to my busy schedule.
Visited the Nippon service center today. They heard and check the issue and immediately asked the guy to change the silver audio unit behind the console with a new one which they have quite in good quantities both for W6 and W8 versions. He changed the audio unit and checked. Firstly, after the boot-up, an error message appeared on the screen to contact the service center - HMI and software mismatch. Though the music was playing from the pen drive now but no controls on the touchscreen is working. the guy then changed the touchscreen with a new one and Voila it worked. There are new Menu options including the user manual too. The whole unit is now working fine.
The guy asked me for a copy of RC and a signature on the report to be send to Mahindra. That's it.
I thought this unit is now loaded with the latest firmware, so I would be able to connect the Mahindra Bluesense app on my android with it but to my dismay it didn't. Think it needs a software/firmware upgrade for it. Will check with the SA on my next visit.
The XUV has now clocked 8082 kms on the ODO and it's a reallllly pleasurable and fun driving it in the city as well as on the highway. Loving it!!! No other issue so far.
The FE on the last 700 kms is around 11.5 kmpl with 70% highway and 30% city based on actual calculations. MID hovers around 11.5-13 kmpl though.
Also changed the stock wipers to Bosch Aerotwins (purchased through vicky.in which was a horrible experience in itself, will share in appropriate thread) since stock ones are scratching the windshield too often.
Old 24th March 2013, 21:38   #24
BHPian

2nd Service at 9666 kms update + Recall update
Got my XUV today after the 2nd service at 9666 kms. I was told by my RM that my September 2012 manufactured XUV is covered under the service action (recall) for - Wiper and Power window assembly replacement only. The Power steering fluid hose pipe is already of new design.
Niggles reported to RM -
1) Replacement of Brake Pads to latest design since current ones are spongy and squeaking noise still exists. (I reported same at the first service too)
2) Car steers slightly towards left.
3) Right side Headlight adjust
4) Replacement of broken Rear right mudflap
5) Replacement of front windshield which developed two small crack by stone hit from truck.
6) Update to latest Infotainment software

He assured to replace the brake pads to new design if its of the older design or else replace it with fresh ones. Brake seems to be harder now and no squeaking noise as of now.
Left steer and Headlight corrected.
Mudflap not replaced due to non-availability at the dealer.
Front windshield replaced with sensor - cost Rs. 13289/- (Claimed under insurance)
Not sure of the updated software yet. Will check if Blue sense app connects to it now.
Overall mileage since last service at 5600 kms = 12-14 kmpl.
Old 9th August 2013, 12:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:

Accessories Installed
1) Floor Mats - Smoked Black Transparent - Rs. 1500/-
2) Illuminated Scuff Plates - Rs. 1500/-
3) Sun Film - Garware - Sides and rear - Rs. 1500/-
Great report. I'm about to join the list of cheetah owners. Question for you on the illuminated scuff plates. Were these from the Mahindra dealer? These guys have just given me a quote of 3500 for illuminated and 1500 for the regular ones!
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 12:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Great report. I'm about to join the list of cheetah owners. Question for you on the illuminated scuff plates. Were these from the Mahindra dealer? These guys have just given me a quote of 3500 for illuminated and 1500 for the regular ones!
Welcome to the Club!!! The illuminated scuff plates i got installed was from after-market accessory dealer at my place not from Mahindra dealership. Do compare prices of any accessory you wish to install from dealer as well as in market. There may be more or less price difference in the prices.
Old 13th January 2014, 19:03   #27
BHPian

25000 kms report
My XUV just completed 25000 kms yesterday. Third service done at 19600 kms. Few problems faced from 10k kms to 25k kms are as below :
1) FE hovers around 12-13 kmpl
2) Headlight bulbs for low beam fused. Then after sometime high beam fused.
3) Got the front windscreen changed due to crack from flying stones on the road.
3) Right ORVM replaced as it got damaged by a hit from the eagle on the road.
4) Right cornering bulb fused. Due for replacement on next visit to A.S.S.
5) Some vibrating noise from right-back side. Got fixed at recent visit to A.S.S.
6) When applying brakes to stop the car, a strange grinding noise comes. The SA told that my XUV is fitted with latest Bosch brake pads. He got some adjustments/cleaning/rubbing done. No noise as of now.
7) Front black grill broken as car hit a goat on the road at high speed. No damage to the goat as well as car apart from the broken grill. Mahindra says it costs Rs. 3500/-. Asked my after-market accessories dealer to source from Delhi which he let know day after tomorrow.
8) Front windscreen needs another replacement. Flying stone hit the glass and developed a small crack, this time straight in front of driver's eyesight. Irritating !

Now comes the good part -
This car is hell of a machine. Too much power on tap. Cruise control and ACC works perfectly. Always pleasure to drive. I got to drive Yamuna Expressway this weekend full of 6 passengers and boot completely filled with luggage. No way it disappointed once. The spacious & comfortable middle row. Eats unexpected sharp speed breakers. Stable on high speed and on unexpected bumps. Always feel like driving in a tank with racing engine underhood.

Last edited by superbhikari : 13th January 2014 at 19:05.
Old 15th January 2014, 18:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Did you buy this foot-step? The price is quite low. Was it Rs. 700 for 1 piece or for a set of 4 pieces as mentioned? But then why 4 pieces, and not 2 pieces (1 each for 2 sides)?
TheIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 19:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
Did you buy this foot-step? The price is quite low. Was it Rs. 700 for 1 piece or for a set of 4 pieces as mentioned? But then why 4 pieces, and not 2 pieces (1 each for 2 sides)?
I did not buy the foot-steps and strongly advise not to buy anything through this site. They will take your money and would not ship the product for more than a month. They do not return your money but instead gives their store credit coupon. Also, may provide cheap unreliable sub standard products. Check reviews of this site online and you will know.
Old 16th January 2014, 14:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once i tried to cross 150 km/h a buzzer sound started. Is this a feature to remind driving at high speed?
This is a standard feature and serves as a reminder to the driver when he/she crosses the 150kph mark.

Congrats on your purchase (I'm a little late on this, but nevertheless ). Apart from minor niggles, the XUV is a gem to drive. I was pleasantly surprised the way it held it's line when I was driving it on the BIC (link (Torque Day - Driving the Mahindra XUV 5OO on the Buddh International Circuit)). With sedan like handling and oodles of power, this is a driver's car.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote