Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th April 2013, 11:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
That's due to rust formation on the brake discs. When you apply the hand brake and park the car, rust starts to grow, forming a bond between the brake discs and pads. When you release the hand brake and start to reverse this bond breaks and causes this thud sound. This sound will be produced even if you put your car in first and move forward.

You would have observed that this phenomenon will be amplified when you park the car after driving in the rains or after giving your car a wash or if you tend to keep your car parked for very long durations. It will also be amplified if you apply the handbrake very tightly, due to parking on a steep gradient.

If your parking area is flat, apply the handbrake lightly and put the car in first. This will reduce the 'thud' sound and you will also preserve your rear discs.
Isn't that just the creaking/squeaky sound you hear when releasing the hand brake? A loud thud seems really odd never noticed that :/
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:01   #92
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A First on TBHP: Snow White Pearl Suzuki Kizashi CVT EDIT - Pics on Pg 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
The best example is the parts that have been promised to me to be changed for free that i mentioned in the previous post(the engine cover, hood cover, RHS ORVM, roof mounts, boot carpet, Battery) alone cost a whopping Rs.65000/- that is without counting service charge and tax
Woah just read this. That's quite expensive do you have a price break up of these parts?
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 12:03   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Isn't that just the creaking/squeaky sound you hear when releasing the hand brake? A loud thud seems really odd never noticed that :/
Yes the creaks and grinding sounds are also due to rust. But when the rust forms a bond between the discs and pads, it does not allow the pads to get released from the discs fully when we release the handbrake. When the wheel moves for the first time, the bonds breaks and makes a thud kind of noise. This sound will normally come when you move the car for the first time in the morning. For the rest of the day it will not happen.

I have experienced this phenomenon in some cars that I have owned. It normally tends to happen in the rainy season.
Santoshbhat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 17:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
That's due to rust formation on the brake discs. When you apply the hand brake and park the car, rust starts to grow, forming a bond between the brake discs and pads. When you release the hand brake and start to reverse this bond breaks and causes this thud sound. This sound will be produced even if you put your car in first and move forward.

You would have observed that this phenomenon will be amplified when you park the car after driving in the rains or after giving your car a wash or if you tend to keep your car parked for very long durations. It will also be amplified if you apply the handbrake very tightly, due to parking on a steep gradient.

If your parking area is flat, apply the handbrake lightly and put the car in first. This will reduce the 'thud' sound and you will also preserve your rear discs.
If what you are saying is right then should I tell this to maruti since this car is just 2 months old(i.e in my possession).
Plus there is no rains in ahmedabad so how has the rust formed? The sound has started 3 days after the first service(do you think the service center messed up?).

Quote:
Woah just read this. That's quite expensive do you have a price break up of these parts?
Ya I do have for most of the parts

Battery- Rs.15000(comes from Thailand)
Engine cover - Rs.8000
Boot carpet- Rs.26000(since you have to change the rear seat also for this)
Hood cover- Rs.9000
RHS ORVM- Rs.4500
roof mounts- Rs.2500

Price for other parts(not included in Rs.65000)
Alloys(set of 4)- Rs.80000
floor mats - Rs.11500
Mud guards - Rs.6000

Quote:
No this sound is quiet loud and in fact the whole car rocks from side to side when this happens.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2013 at 15:43. Reason: As requested
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 18:02   #95
BHPian

Quote:
The reverse gear isn't very slick but noises like that? No they are not normal at all.
Oh and I never knew that splash guards are a standard fitment eitherway all parts are paid for by the leasing company
Interesting what you mentioned about the key fob. So you're saying that once resolved the doors will automatically lock at speeds greater than 10kph? Do keep us posted on the outcome of this I would really like to know what Suzuki does to resolve this.
Yes the doors will automatically lock at 24km/h. Going to give the car in April since lots of guests are present and both the cars are required. Will update you as soon as i get it done.
rockporiom is offline   Reply With Quote