Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th December 2012, 17:12   #76
BHPian

Default re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 10,000 km Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yes, that is the immobilizer at work.

As I said to KP earlier, these guys at ASC should go & hang themselves. The Figo DOES NOT autolock. Even if you manually push the lock inside (the gate opening lever) & close it, it won't. Keep the spare key around & try it out.

From what I know, Cars which have remote as OE, don't autolock. At least Tata, Mahindra, Skoda & Ford don't.
I am sure autolock or drive away lock was very well there at least in earlier Figo's (May be ZXI alone, not sure) and was not present in Fiesta Classic CLXI. Now i just checked Ford India website and looks like its just the opposite - Fiesta has and Figo doesn't. So, Ford has dumped this feature in the face lifted versions then. shame on those guys. Its such a good safety feature to have.

If I am not wrong, this can be activated by the SA's themselves. you just need to approach who knows what to do.
ganesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 19:25   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default First major dent :(

Ah so the inevitable happened. It was raining quite bit a couple of weeks back. The roads were slippery. We were in slow traffic. Driver driving. He brakes and a few moments later I hear a skid and a thud. Apparently the biker was squeezing through the traffic, skidded and hit the right rear panel. Quite a few dents. Thankfully negligible paint damage hence it is not apparent at a glance. And somehow he missed other panels. So there's only 1 affected panel. I'll get a quote on the denting/painting at my FNG.

Fuel Efficiency

I am truly baffled by the variances. The car runs at the same times, same drive cycle, same driver in the same route, same fuel station, same nozzle, all evening top ups, etc. Conditions remaining almost similar between fills, I get 19.xx a couple of times and then 17.xx .. this 2kmpl variance is irritating ! And I just can't pin a pattern to it except that it is like a sine wave !

13.2 70% AC - City
17.7 70% AC - Highway
17.1 30% AC - City
17.9 10% AC - City
19.7 02% AC - City
19.4 02% AC - City
17.4 No AC - City
17.9 No AC - City
18.9 No AC - City
19.4 No AC - City
17.3 No AC - City

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
I am sure autolock or drive away lock was very well there at least in earlier Figo's
That feature still exists. It autolocks on driving away. I think at 7kmph. What we were discussing was that it does not autolock in case the key is kept inside and I walk off after closing the doors.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 17:18   #78
Senior - BHPian

Default First spirited drive :)

Gunned the motor for the first time on the highway during the recent T-BHP meet. 120kms spirited drive - saw the mph ton quite a few times !

And I sure came away impressed and can confirm all that is written about it's high speed abilities for a small hatch. On stock MRFs it's surprisingly planted and easy to manage at those speeds. Steering feels great, brakes are true and yes I can also confirm what a wonderful machine this would be even if it had another 20-30 odd horses to play with.

7000kms up. I'm somehow looking forward to the 2nd service. Hoping the engine will free up further.

Oh and I got 16.52kmpl (no AC) with 330kms sedate city + 120kms highway ripping.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2012, 17:37   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Good! This is the true trait of Figo. Hope you won't complain of less FE from now on :P

An advise - Because Figo uses cheap mineral oil, I stick to 5K drain period & know the engine is happy with it. Would suggest you to do the same.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 14:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good! This is the true trait of Figo. Hope you won't complain of less FE from now on :P

An advise - Because Figo uses cheap mineral oil, I stick to 5K drain period & know the engine is happy with it. Would suggest you to do the same.
FE complain will remain somewhat since the whole premise of purchasing this car was savings .. but yes the way it drives does make it more bearable.

Looking forward to a sedate highway drive this weekend. Should get good FE !

5K intervals will be pretty difficult for me to maintain since it would mean visiting the service center almost every 7-8 weeks. I'll see if I can do once every 7.5k ..
Old 29th December 2012, 10:11   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
FE complain will remain somewhat since the whole premise of purchasing this car was savings .. but yes the way it drives does make it more bearable.

Looking forward to a sedate highway drive this weekend. Should get good FE !

5K intervals will be pretty difficult for me to maintain since it would mean visiting the service center almost every 7-8 weeks. I'll see if I can do once every 7.5k ..
Okay, good update. For the first time my DTE showed reading of ~ 725kms. 150 of which were in side city confines. 100km was in MPH mode (you know which Islampur - Siliguri) and the rest were done precisely at 90kmph @ 2,250 rpm. Took 28 ltrs for 510 kms. Not bad, eh!

Got the 3rd service & wheel alignment & balancing done yesterday. It wasn't much off, but a bit wobble between 120-140kmph.

Paid close to 4K for service. Rs. 8xx for wiper blade. Worth it though. Much better than Bosch.

No other problem.

Yes, even I am thinking to go for service around the 7.5K mark. That is ideal.

Service - Close to 4K.
3rd year insurance - 8,8xx
Wheel Balancing, rotation, alignment & weight - 1,050.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2012, 11:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Okay, good update. For the first time my DTE showed reading of ~ 725kms.
Mine for the first time came close to 700 in 6 month ownership and this is due to 30% normal city drive and 70% sedate highway drive around 100kmph.
Attached Images

HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 11:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the first time my DTE showed reading of ~ 725kms. 150 of which were in side city confines. 100km was in MPH mode (you know which Islampur - Siliguri) and the rest were done precisely at 90kmph @ 2,250 rpm. Took 28 ltrs for 510 kms. Not bad, eh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Mine for the first time came close to 700 in 6 month ownership and this is due to 30% normal city drive and 70% sedate highway drive around 100kmph.
Are these figures with AC on?

Here's my latest DTE figure! Actually add 2km to it, since I took the snap after driving a couple of kms post top up.

Name:  PicsArt_1357623089275.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  191.0 KB

I got 21.3kmpl over the last 689kms (no AC) !!! Yipeeee !!
All of it within the city but on fairly good roads. The sweet spot seems to be if one shifts around 1500rpm and sticks to a sedate 60-70kmph on open stretches.

8K kms done. 2nd service should happen in a month.
shuvc is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2013, 11:44   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

Are these figures with AC on?

I got 21.3kmpl over the last 689kms (no AC) !!! Yipeeee !!
Yes, 100% AC on as the drive in City and Highway was on sunny days.

21.3 km for your drive in city is really good efficiency. We cannot expect this in ddis engine also for city drive. Let me do a sedate city drive this time without a/c.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 00:27   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
21.3 km for your drive in city is really good efficiency. We cannot expect this in ddis engine also for city drive.
Well although within city my regular commute has very little bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 9th January 2013, 09:06   #86
BHPian

Dada why don't you try the newtown-rajarhat road once while going to your office. That'll also show the kind of mileage moving traffic at average speed that your figo can give. And kudos to the kind of mileage you've got from that 1.4 TDCi mill. Just goes on to show how sedate kind of driver you've become offlate.
tacho9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 11:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Default 2nd Service @ 10000kms

Dart gallops along and clocks the miles. Nearing 10k kms in 3months. The 2nd service was done yesterday at 97xx kms. There was nothing much to report in terms of issues. There were a couple of rattles. LHS dash and possibly the hatch door.

I had booked a slot in advance. When I went I was attended to promptly. I must mention that even on a Saturday the Ford workshop is a real calm place vis-a-vis what I see at Maruti (obviously!) and even Honda. The estimate was prepared. This time I reviewed it and asked the SA to remove the engine treatment (Rs. 350 odd) and not to use the plastic protective covers inside the car (Rs. 100).

He gave a time of 430pm and said he would try to finish off earlier and call. True to his word he called at 345pm and said the car is ready. He had had to change a couple of rear suspension bushes and since the shocks were taken out, he had greased them too - hence there was a couple of 100rs increase in the bill. Total bill including oil change - Rs. 2064. The car was cleaned well and I was offered coffee while I waited for billing.

Wonderful experience at Ganges Ford once again !

The car feels the same. I was half expecting the engine to feel smoother after the oil change. But it feels the same I guess. Still a joy to move around in town.

The FE sine curve continues though. 21.3 followed by 17.4 followed by 20 !!

Team-BHP sticker finally on. Thank you @cityvic !! Your stickers once again on my car !
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-20130112_102833.jpg

Siblings
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update-20130112_102615.jpg
shuvc is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:07   #88
Senior - BHPian

Default re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 20,000 km Update

Some quick stats

102 days of ownership
10,100 kms driven
10% AC usage overall (winters after all)
95% driven within city
30-32psi tyre pressure range (stock MRF tyres)
Rs. 2654 total maintenance expenses
160 kmph max speed attained
21.3 kmpl max FE
13.2 kmpl min FE
18.3 kmpl overall FE
Rs. 3.14 expense per km
shuvc is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2013, 00:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

Default 20,000 km update

Back from the 20K paid service today. Dart has clocked 21,700 uneventful kms. There is nothing significant to report.

Engine Oil, Air Filter (I insisted) changed. LHS dash rattle (due to loose AC vent) and rear rattle (due to hatch) addressed. Bill amount was Rs. 2891. There was a summer camp on today helping save 20% on labour and 5% on spares.

The service experience was pretty good again. Although there was a new SA this time. Courteous and punctual. If I have to nitpick, it would be their trying to push extras like engine treatment, polish, anti-rust treatment etc .. I politely brushed aside all of it.

Some more quick stats !

~ 7.5 months of ownership
21,700 kms driven
33% AC usage overall (% increasing steadily during summers )
97% driven within city
30-32psi tyre pressure range (stock MRF tyres)
Rs. 5545 total maintenance expenses
160 kmph max speed attained
21.3 kmpl max FE
13.2 kmpl min FE
17.21 kmpl overall FE
Rs. 3.44 expense per km

Dart continues to run like clockwork and does what it was bought to do.

Last edited by shuvc : 28th May 2013 at 00:46.
Old 21st June 2013, 19:54   #90
Senior - BHPian

Default re: "Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 1 year/31,700km Update

So the first problem on the run happened at 23K kms.

Started the car in the evening and found the AC was not working. It was working fine when the car was last used a couple of hours earlier. I called up the SA. He asked me to fiddle with te buttons (!!) and revv the engine etc. Nada.

Next morning the AC was fine ! Started the car and it was working as usual. Anyway, got it checked at the workshop. They said the blower had accumulated dirt possibly leading to it getting jammed. They cleaned it and charged me for WD40, but no labour !

All is well now. Dart chugs on.