Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 11th August 2017, 22:26   #271
BHPian

Default Re: Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur

43,500 km -- Suspension overhaul

A faint abnormal noise (khat-khat) was coming from the front suspension while going over potholes and I decided to get the complete suspension system (front and rear) fully overhauled as I like my car to be in perfect condition always.

The work was carried out at Royal Motors, Kolkata (M&M Service Center) over a period of two days. The complete suspension system was dismantled and all parts showing any sign of wear or tear were changed. Some parts (like shock absorbers) were covered under extended warranty but I had to pay for other parts (having rubber components) such as bushes, ball joints and kits.

My total bill came to Rs 7,500 (parts - Rs 4,600; labour - Rs 1,400; machine shop charges - Rs 1,500). I do not know the cost for the parts that were covered under warranty.

After the overhaul the abnormal noise was gone and the suspension felt like brand new.
debuda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2017, 23:01   #272
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Debuda’s Silver Mahindra XUV500 W6 @ Jamshedpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
43,500 km -- Suspension overhaul..

My total bill came to Rs 7,500 (parts - Rs 4,600; labour - Rs 1,400; machine shop charges - Rs 1,500). I do not know the cost for the parts that were covered under warranty.

After the overhaul the abnormal noise was gone and the suspension felt like brand new.
Thanks Debuda for that update . Off late did you take up any Leh-Laddakh trip or driven over bad patches of road consistently? Asking this because 43.5K kms does not seem to be that big a mileage figure to warrant for suspension overhaul. Was it a manufacturing defect, which made the suspension go bust in such a short duration?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote