Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd November 2012, 19:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Game On! Tuscan Wine Fiat Linea T-Jet+

I sincerely wish and hope that you will not , that was one of the things i was concerned about as well but the heart kicked the brain on that one.

you might know this already , Fiat is opening their own service centers in Delhi and the first one is supposed to be in Okhla around Feb 2013 ( as per info received from Fiat Caffee) , that personally gave me some re-assurance that even if there are problems then i will have this support to tackle them.

And out of curiosity , how did you take to the driving position , i had a hard time getting one which i was comfortable with but to be fair i was inside the car for all of 30-40 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue View Post

Given the current state of affairs at Fiat , rising petrol costs and the breakup of the Fiat-Tata JV , buying a car like the TJet today is a risk Add to that the fact the these cars will be at least 18 months old and the risk becomes even bigger. I only hope I do not end up regretting this purchase..

puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I sincerely wish and hope that you will not , that was one of the things i was concerned about as well but the heart kicked the brain on that one.

you might know this already , Fiat is opening their own service centers in Delhi and the first one is supposed to be in Okhla around Feb 2013 ( as per info received from Fiat Caffee) , that personally gave me some re-assurance that even if there are problems then i will have this support to tackle them.
I have heard this news as well. But the thing is the whole excitement around the Fiat exclusive service centers is based on the assumption that these will be better than the existing ones. In reality , of course , this might or might not be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
And out of curiosity , how did you take to the driving position , i had a hard time getting one which i was comfortable with but to be fair i was inside the car for all of 30-40 minutes.
I am 6'5" and I think I have found an comfortable driving position . Others might disagree, but I think the key is to find that combination of seat height/steering height etc. which does not cause any undue pain or aches after long drives - and to adapt to it. Finding the "perfect" driving position could be like chasing an unicorn !
ZBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have heard this news as well. But the thing is the whole excitement around the Fiat exclusive service centers is based on the assumption that these will be better than the existing ones. In reality , of course , this might or might not be true.
Fair enough , i think in my case there was also some additional mental reassurance that the service center was going to be all of 5 Kms away ( i stay in Def Col) hence even if it meant repeated visits it would not be too inconvenient to be on their heads!

Quote:
I am 6'5" and I think I have found an comfortable driving position . Others might disagree, but I think the key is to find that combination of seat height/steering height etc. which does not cause any undue pain or aches after long drives - and to adapt to it. Finding the "perfect" driving position could be like chasing an unicorn !
Well i cannot associtate , i am only 5'11' , i found it to be a bit higher than my liking but like i said i barely spent that much time in the car.
puchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will have this checked soon. The last time I visited the service center , the technician dismissed this noise as common to all TJet's owing to the heavier engine.
This is incorrect. Please get this sorted. Is it a noise or a felt shudder from the engine? My car suffers from engine shudder from time to time. It is very mild and only a keen observer will notice it. The problem that I have takes place only after the car has been running for some time or after it has been taxed on a open road. There are no signs of it when the engine is cold. I have ignored the problem as I feel it will be difficult to diagnose and may lead to more complicated issues. The bigger problem being, I won't have transport at home to ferry the family. In the ten months I have owned a T Jet, she runs well and delivers the right efficiency which means everything is running well. I plan on changing the spark plugs during first paid service. This should hopefully address the problem.
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 11:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is incorrect. Please get this sorted. Is it a noise or a felt shudder from the engine? My car suffers from engine shudder from time to time. It is very mild and only a keen observer will notice it. The problem that I have takes place only after the car has been running for some time or after it has been taxed on a open road. There are no signs of it when the engine is cold. I have ignored the problem as I feel it will be difficult to diagnose and may lead to more complicated issues. The bigger problem being, I won't have transport at home to ferry the family. In the ten months I have owned a T Jet, she runs well and delivers the right efficiency which means everything is running well. I plan on changing the spark plugs during first paid service. This should hopefully address the problem.
On two visits to different service centers (Dhingra Motors Gurgaon and Triumph Auto Faridabad) this issue remains unresolved. The crew at these service centers seem unable and almost unwilling to diagnose and rectify the matter . The sound is like a heavy vibration/shaking noise from under the hood , heard especially when in low speeds and going over bumps , braking on an incline - Could it be an issue with the engine mounts ? If they are made of rubber , maybe the long storage period caused some issues..

A buzzing sound , probably from the windshield has also cropped up lately.

In other news : recently completed a GGN-CHD round trip in the Jet. The car is an absolute beast on the highway Overall FE for the highway part of the trip was around 15 KMPL. FE for the entire trip including city driving was down to 13 KMPL thanks to heavy traffic in Delhi and Gurgaon on the return leg.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:36   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

That's a lot of car you got there for 7.18L. Great buy!

Have tons of fun and drive safe. And do post some more pics.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2012, 12:50   #22
BHPian

Many congratulations for the fantastic car.
I thought all the Tjet+ were sold off, you are lucky to get hold of one that too in your favourite colour.
The Tjet at the discounted price of 7.18L is superbly VFM.

Wishing you many happy miles with your jet and I also hope it gives you a niggle free service.

Enjoy the jet.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 14:59   #23
BHPian

Default Leaking Boot Strut

Another small niggle - just noticed that one of the hydraulic boot struts is leaking. Also , the boot does not stay up on its own when I let go midway and slams shut like other "regular" cars Is this part available commonly outside TASC ?
Old 25th November 2012, 16:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Leaking Boot Strut

Quote:
Another small niggle - just noticed that one of the hydraulic boot struts is leaking. Also , the boot does not stay up on its own when I let go midway and slams shut like other "regular" cars Is this part available commonly outside TASC ?
Sorry to hear about that, thats a first of its kind failure. Never heard of any Linea having issue with hydraulic struts, infact seems that in C segment, only Linea offers this
Why do you want to get this part outside TASC? It would be covered under warranty, just visit the service centre and if the part is not available (most probably wouldnt be), ask them to place an order for it.

You can live with it till the part arrives.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 16:21   #25
BHPian

Default Re: Leaking Boot Strut

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Sorry to hear about that, thats a first of its kind failure. Never heard of any Linea having issue with hydraulic struts, infact seems that in C segment, only Linea offers this
Why do you want to get this part outside TASC? It would be covered under warranty, just visit the service centre and if the part is not available (most probably wouldnt be), ask them to place an order for it.

You can live with it till the part arrives.
Just trying to keep my visits to TASC to the minimum possible.. even if it means spending some money out of pocket for smaller and hopefully inexpensive items like these
Old 26th November 2012, 14:48   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue
As identified, the strut is not doing its job. I had a similar issue. The strut locked itself in the fully extended position when the boot was opened. Unaware, I tried to close the boot and it lodged itself off the plastic bit that it was screwed into at the bottom end. It happened at an inopportune time; during a road trip when I was using the boot frequently. A small issue, but the linea's boot is heavy and these struts are required. The seat height adjustment lever also stopped functioning at the end of the trip. I checked with Prerana motors when I returned to Bangalore and they had both these parts in stock. They had to get the height adjustment mechanism from their other service center and took an additional day to deliver the car. Both these items were covered under warranty.
carrerastrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerastrax View Post
As identified, the strut is not doing its job. I had a similar issue. The strut locked itself in the fully extended position when the boot was opened. Unaware, I tried to close the boot and it lodged itself off the plastic bit that it was screwed into at the bottom end. It happened at an inopportune time; during a road trip when I was using the boot frequently. A small issue, but the linea's boot is heavy and these struts are required. The seat height adjustment lever also stopped functioning at the end of the trip. I checked with Prerana motors when I returned to Bangalore and they had both these parts in stock. They had to get the height adjustment mechanism from their other service center and took an additional day to deliver the car. Both these items were covered under warranty.
Do you remember how much the struts cost ?
Old 26th November 2012, 16:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got one replaced a few months back costs around 900-1100,cant recall the exact amount.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 20:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlue

I think it was around 800. Not sure whether labour was included in it. I'm out of town currently and I can revert to you in a weeks time; when I can look at the invoice papers.
carrerastrax is offline   Reply With Quote