Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th October 2012, 01:05   #16
BHPian

Default Re: The BIG Story of my lady "R": Skoda Rapid Ambition

Guys,

I have 1 doubt, the fuel tank capacity is 55 L according to the specification but when the fuel indicator is almost to the extreme left, it drinks close to 45 liters. So does that mean even the fuel indicator says there is nothing left, but in actuality there are still 10 L left in the car ?
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 07:03   #17
BHPian

sam_boy,
Congrats on a fabulous purchase. Rapid is a solid drive.
Thank you for the crisp and balanced review. You had me in splits with the comparison to Nokia 3310!!

Wish you many many miles with the tank.
pradyblr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 21:07   #18
BHPian

Congratulations sam_boy on your new Rapid. Enjoyed your crisp review. Wishing you many enjoyable & troublefree miles ahead.

P.S: I just love the color of your rapid. Looks very elegant.
Rufus_M is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 22:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M
P.S: I just love the color of your rapid. Looks very elegant.
I m glad that some one liked the color of my car. Even I feel It's a dull color. In my opinion Rapid in Red looks the best, closely followed by black and red.
sam_boy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 01:57   #20
BHPian

@sam_boy, congratulations on your new car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Tyre Upgrades and Alloys
This is where I was totally confused. There were 2 choices 195/60 R15 or 205x55 R15. TBHP is equally divided on this. Due to low availability of the later size I went ahead with 195/60/R15. No complaints on anything till now.
You could have tried the 205/55 R15 size for Continental CPC2. They should be available (though not easily).

Quote:
I exchanged my Apolo acelers for 2500 a piece and bought 4 sets of GTR alloys along with Pirelli 195/60/R15 tires.
Great! Do give a detailed feedback of how the tyres perform on Bangalore roads. I'm keen to know how Pirellis work on the Vento/Rapid.

Quote:
I was impressed with Linea's alloys so got something similar
These look great!

Quote:
When compared to vento there is a little more space on offering at the cost of a slightly smaller boot.The boot here is 460 Lts where as in Vento its 490 Lts.
Vento's boot capacity is also the same at 460 litres, from what I know. 490 would mean giving tough competition to the SX4, but that's not possible. SX4's boot is really huge!

Last edited by nileshch : 29th October 2012 at 02:10.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 15:25   #21
BHPian

Quote:
There are Thuds when the car is full on the typical Bangalore styled Speed breakers. I think the thud is due to the hard mud flaps. .
Excellent blow by blow account of the purchase process. Rapid is a great buy at that price band. You will enjoy the ride.

The thud you mention is actually of two types. One is of the suspension, which expands and contracts when quickly coming down a speedbreaker. This is normal of the Rapid and Vento. Although sounds alarming, it does not cause much harm.
The second type of thud I face and a few Rapid owners have also experienced is when coming down from the speedbreakers at a very very slow pace. Its a thud, which is different from the suspension thud. Even I thought it was the mud guards, but its not. I strongly suspect it is the base of the spare wheel well, which is hitting the speedbreaker. I guess you are facing the second type of thud. It happens only with a full load and full luggage. So is not a bother in day to day commuting.

Quote:
Guys,

I have 1 doubt, the fuel tank capacity is 55 L according to the specification but when the fuel indicator is almost to the extreme left, it drinks close to 45 liters. So does that mean even the fuel indicator says there is nothing left, but in actuality there are still 10 L left in the car ?
This can very from pump to pump depending on when you ask them to stop filling. If they fill only upto the automatic cutoff, then the 45 litres is ok. If they topup beyond the automatic cutoff, it can take in at least 5-7 litres more fuel.
I have experienced 55 litres going in when the low fuel lamp came on. The airlock also allows for a bit more fuel being fed in. My hunch is, it can actually take in 60-62 litres from bone dry including air lock and the fuel pipe contents..
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 15:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Excellent blow by blow account of the purchase process. Rapid is a great buy at that price band. You will enjoy the ride.

This can very from pump to pump depending on when you ask them to stop filling. If they fill only upto the automatic cutoff, then the 45 litres is ok. If they topup beyond the automatic cutoff, it can take in at least 5-7 litres more fuel.
I have experienced 55 litres going in when the low fuel lamp came on. The airlock also allows for a bit more fuel being fed in. My hunch is, it can actually take in 60-62 litres from bone dry including air lock and the fuel pipe contents..
Till now I have filled 4-5 times .I fill fuel the moment when there is only one bar left in the indicator and every time it takes around 41-42 L and every time I stick to auto cut off. Let me do a fill next time and I will insist some more fuel after the auto cut off.

Thanks for your explanations on the THUD !!!
Old 31st October 2012, 19:08   #23
BHPian

Sam boy - Congrats for your buy. Very detailed review of all aspects of the car. I love this colour, would have loved this colour in my car but did not get. :-(

One question - Yours is Ambition right? Stock tyre size is 175/70 R14. Elegance has 185/60 R15. Hope your upsize won't void warranty. I am sure you would have checked that.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 17:40   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Sam boy - Congrats for your buy. Very detailed review of all aspects of the car. I love this colour, would have loved this colour in my car but did not get. :-(

One question - Yours is Ambition right? Stock tyre size is 175/70 R14. Elegance has 185/60 R15. Hope your upsize won't void warranty. I am sure you would have checked that.

Thank You Shreyas. Mine is indeed an Ambition version. I m prepared for the suspension warranty and still took the decision to move ahead with 15" alloys as i too felt like many others that 14" wheels are a little small for this car. But to my surprise, when I had a casual talk with a SA from Skoda , he mentioned this might not void the warranty as Elegance comes with 15" wheels.

Last edited by sam_boy : 1st November 2012 at 17:41.
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thank You Shreyas. Mine is indeed an Ambition version. I m prepared for the suspension warranty and still took the decision to move ahead with 15" alloys as i too felt like many others that 14" wheels are a little small for this car. But to my surprise, when I had a casual talk with a SA from Skoda , he mentioned this might not void the warranty as Elegance comes with 15" wheels.
You are right elegance is 15" but its 185/60 R15 while you went for 195/60 R15 so was curious to know. As long as you are taking an informed decision, its fine.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote