Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th October 2012, 16:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Tested & Driven: The Maruti Alto 800 - A Humble Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post

One thing that is still not clear (may be it has been clarified elsewhere ) is that

-has the old Alto been replaced completely with this car or both the cars are still being sold together.
-also what is going to be the strategy wrt the current K10 version being sold (since this will be the older model selling with a more modern heart)

The showroom sales person told me that the old alto 800 will be stopped completely and the new alto will be placed in its shoes. Also there is a discount of 25k for the old alto.

From what i heard , the same car could get K10 engine , but not immediately.

So , its the New alto 800 and the older K10 sold together with the older alto 800 stopped completely.
girimajiananth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 14:50   #17
BHPian

Thanks all for your feedback and response. I'd like to state that I havent "bought" the vehicle - this was just a detailed review to help those looking at this new entry to the market.

Special thanks to girimajiananth to accompany me to the review and for getting along his DSLR to capture some nice pics of the vehicle.

Let me answer a few queries some of you have posted--

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
What i am genuinely surprised is how with the same wheelbase the new design liberates more rear cabin space and boot space too!
Agreed 100%. I am not sure how and where they got all that space from. My Alto K10 cant boast of interior space like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
One thing that is still not clear (may be it has been clarified elsewhere ) is that

-has the old Alto been replaced completely with this car or both the cars are still being sold together.
-also what is going to be the strategy wrt the current K10 version being sold (since this will be the older model selling with a more modern heart)
As far as I can say (and this is what the sales rep told me), the old Alto800 will be phased out soon and Maruti will have the K10 and the New Alto 800. With heavy discounts on the K10, the prices of these 2 cars almost comes to the same amount. I'd definitely go for a K10 mainly because of its 'fun to drive' aspect. Dont know what Maruti's strategies are down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Need to see how the car does on highways. Of course, it is an entry level car and we shouldn't be expecting it to run like a horse but still little curious to know where does it stand.
Even I am curious on the Highway behaviour of this car. I guess the official review of the car would cover this aspect.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2013, 14:12   #18

Pretty much what I also felt about this car while booking it. Thanks for the in-depth angle. I hate to see that left side-view mirror missing. Really, how much it costs to put a puny mirror. MSL, grow up! I also overlooked the missing cigarette lighter while making up my mind.
desertfox52001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2013, 16:10   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox52001 View Post
I hate to see that left side-view mirror missing. Really, how much it costs to put a puny mirror. MSL, grow up!
~Rs.1000 for OEM/MGA unit or Rs.600 for aftermarket unit.
I got the same, Internally adjustable unit for my Old Alto LXi.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 12:15   #20

Thank you very much for the detailed review, with thoughts of replacing my Alto Lx, I decided to take test drive for Alto 800 and Alto K10.

My biggest worry in the test drive were the brakes, the power etc was ok, clutch was very smooth, but brakes... just didn't inspire confidence even at low speeds, I felt the deceleration with brakes was very slow and unpredictable.

The MA sales executive mentioned that this is how the brakes are but he said no one has complained about brakes.

Could you share your experience from a long term usage perspective.
ssk3g5 is offline   Reply With Quote