Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2012, 22:54   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Traffic + Peace of Mind? Here comes the Honda Brio V AT

Those are some sweet looking seat covers. Any specific brand ?
tjacob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 00:28   #17
BHPian

Congrats Fraz33r on the Brio AT and also on a well drafted initial ownership report. I'm sure that that gem of a motor under your car's hood will not fail to bring a smile to your folks' each time they get behind the wheel.

Cheers mate and here is to many many miles of hassle free ownership with the super cute hatch.
Omtoatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2012, 11:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car.
Good to know the engine is silky smooth and silent - I love this.

How is the kick-down performance?
How is the AC? Any perceptible drop in performance with AC ON?

BTW, NH-17 is fun to drive if you have a powerful MT and if you are in a situation that allows spirited driving (i.e. traveling without family). My native is in Ratnagiri and I practically grew up traveling on NH-17 at least 4 times a year in my childhood in ST buses, Tata Sumo's and Mahendra Commanders...it was my dream to drive my own car one day on the Kashedi ghat, what a road it is - I have fond memories of it. But of late, NH-17 has become stressful especially with family and a better option is to take expressway/NH-4 all the way to Karad and branch off to Malkapur/Patan to enter konkan and merge onto NH-17 anywhere between Chiplun and Lanja. Much much much safer and peaceful.

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 27th November 2012 at 11:44.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2012, 00:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Solitaire called up this morning, I think Prasanth. We did end up talking about your car Fraz3r., not sure if he was the SA you dealt with.
Anyho, current situation is no test drive vehicle avaiable anywhere in Mumbai and no vehicles available for delivery as well until Jan '13.
Solitaire was a good experience for me overall. My Sales Person Devesh (I can PM you his number if you want) was updated, and knew exactly where the car was since the beginning. It is very easy to misguide people with false/incorrect info, but he was always proactive and would call me first to let me know about the whereabouts of the car being delivered.

Also, according to him there was nothing to hide as such and Honda is expecting huge demands for an AT car. He already had a list of interested people/ready to book when i went first to checkout the car on 29th Oct.

In addition, If i understand the Indian Car-market, there has never been an off-the-shelf concept, you always have to wait even if you have CASH. Plus, going by the other manufacturer's in India, wait list is not a huge negative factor for car manuf'ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Those are some sweet looking seat covers. Any specific brand ?
Those are Art-Leather seat covers. I am assuming Art-Leather has become a misnomer and people are trying to cash in on that brand. However, I did check the installation on someone's car prior to doing mine and was satisfied with the fit and finish and went for it. Those seat covers definately look nice and are worth the money spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
How is the kick-down performance?
How is the AC? Any perceptible drop in performance with AC ON?

BTW, NH-17 is fun to drive if you have a powerful MT and if you are in a situation that allows spirited driving (i.e. traveling without family). My native is in Ratnagiri and I practically grew up traveling on NH-17 at least 4 times a year in my childhood.....
Kick-down performance was good, but i dont have any metric/car to compare it with. For e.g. overtaking a truck used to start slowly, however on flooring the pedal as soon as it realises, it dropped into lower gear giving a jolt of acceleration and propels the car with higher speeds (mid-overtake) to complete the transition. Personally, I am not fond of doing this with an AT car, and seemed to me that I was abusing it. But the nature of the highway is such that, If dont do it, i will complete the journey taking 2hrs extra.

AC was good. Rear passengers complained occasionaly to shut it down. Again noticeable performance difference in the Ghats, had to completely shut it down. However on straight line roads, no difference in performance.

I am glad you mentioned that about spirited driving. Everytime I saw an MH-08 number driving right into the other lane with blind spots, i would say to my dad, look he seems to be local and knows each and every corner of the ghats.
Fraz33r is offline   Reply With Quote