Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2013, 00:54   #406
BHPian
 
rohit_dce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
I can tell you that if Amaze is even at same price as Dzire, it won't even sell 1/4th of Dzire sales six month down the line. I'm not saying that Dzire is a better product than Amaze will be,mind you. I am just stating the market reality.

By the way, looking at Brio pricing, I'm looking out for atleast 40 k less than Dzire for petrol and around 25 k less for Diesel Amaze. And even their base model will have atleast a front power window, and not like LX/LDI for Dzire.
I would not be that judgemental mate before the car actually hits the roads. If it comes at the same price point, it surely will sell. If you see the pictures of the car, the car surely looks better than the Dzire and the internals are better as well. I do not see a reason as to why would it not sell. You tell me why it would not sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

Subjective thoughts, isn't it?! As a customer, I look at more parameters than the length & the looks.
So what do you think of Amaze then? All the parameters that I can think of, it surely has an edge over the Dzire, be it the looks, efficiency, the after sales services, etc. It scores over the Dzire in almost every aspect. What say?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th March 2013 at 18:14. Reason: Please use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE function within 30 minutes to avoid posting consecutively. Thanks! :)
rohit_dce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 01:22   #407
BHPian
 
Motored Mindset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

I quite like the design of the Amaze. I'm assuming that many Bhp-ians on the thread are disappointed with the design not because its really that distasteful (read: Swift Dzire with its ugly strap-on boot) but because we've come to expect Honda's arrow-shot form design philosophy on their models. The Jazz, City and Civic followed that design philosophy since they are global cars, the Brio was designed for emerging markets and that explains its bulbous dimensions (to maximize space) and please-all fascia.

I think the designers have done a marvelous job with the brief they have been given of making the Amaze a true sedan.
Motored Mindset is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 01:29   #408
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 370
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
I would not be that judgemental mate before the car actually hits the roads. If it comes at the same price point, it surely will sell. If you see the pictures of the car, the car surely looks better than the Dzire and the internals are better as well. I do not see a reason as to why would it not sell. You tell me why it would not sell.
Well, firstly the market is in recession, at such times people do not take risk of going in for new models. Secondly, Dzire already is proven and successful model, and majority of car buyers in India have herd mentality, unless the new car is radically good looker, say like new verna is a big success unlike the previous one.

Amaze, looks decent, but can't be called great looker. Brio is no less than Ritz or say even swift and priced at a huge discount to swift, compare the sales figures for the two.

Then there is the case of Jazz, a great product, killed by ambitious pricing.Even big discounts couldn't salvage it and now it is said to be on phase out list.

If they charge a premium over Dzire, Honda will have tough time generating expected volumes. If priced at a discount, they can shift some of that waiting list of maruti to Honda. Once it get going, gradually Honda can increase the prices.

The era of charging a brand premium is over in India, especially in lower and middle segments with plethora of choices and more upcoming launches!

Last edited by rock75 : 9th March 2013 at 01:30.
rock75 is offline  
Old 9th March 2013, 01:33   #409
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
So what do you think of Amaze then? All the parameters that I can think of, it surely has an edge over the Dzire, be it the looks, efficiency, the after sales services, etc. It scores over the Dzire in almost every aspect. What say?
Too early to comment! I would reserve my comments till I drive one! Even then I will NOT be much happy if Honda plays a premium card, but my opinion might favor them if this is a good package.

Frankly I was NOT very happy with Brio, but then I have NOT driven the Swift petrol also much, to have a proper comparo.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th March 2013 at 01:34.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 9th March 2013, 09:07   #410
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,183
Thanked: 900 Times
Default

For all those criticising the looks of the Amaze, keep in mind that the SCOOP pics have been shot in a limited space and clearly not at the best angle( as swiftnfurious also said).
The car looks pretty alright in the press pics on first page in review and if i may say, more DZirable and AMAZING than the DZire!
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 12:35   #411
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
....The car looks pretty alright in the press pics on first page in review and if i may say, more DZirable and AMAZING than the DZire!
I remember seeing various reviews of Amaze and one thing that almost all reviewers said is that "Amaze has a beautifully integrated boot on a hatch" and this is by far the BEST looking compact car. Anyway we need to give some leeway as "looks" is purely a subjective parameter.

And to me, I find none of the compact sedans or one segment up cars impressive or beautiful!! So it really don't matter to me how these cars stack up. We will only keep talking about which is better among the bad!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th March 2013 at 12:36.
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 9th March 2013, 16:30   #412
BHPian
 
Dr.Nishath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 47
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
I quite like the design of the Amaze. I'm assuming that many Bhp-ians on the thread are disappointed with the design not because its really that distasteful (read: Swift Dzire with its ugly strap-on boot) but because we've come to expect Honda's arrow-shot form design philosophy on their models. The Jazz, City and Civic followed that design philosophy since they are global cars, the Brio was designed for emerging markets and that explains its bulbous dimensions (to maximize space) and please-all fascia.

I think the designers have done a marvelous job with the brief they have been given of making the Amaze a true sedan.
Precisely,I like the design.I won't mind if the AMAZE misses a couple of features from the D'zire kit.Here's hoping honda don't go overboard with the pricing and nuke the product.Barring any serious issues,i can see myself driving an AMAZE to work in 2 months time..
Dr.Nishath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2013, 18:16   #413
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
For all those criticising the looks of the Amaze, keep in mind that the SCOOP pics have been shot in a limited space and clearly not at the best angle( as swiftnfurious also said).
The car looks pretty alright in the press pics on first page in review and if i may say, more DZirable and AMAZING than the DZire!
I don't think so because i have seen the car personally in the same colour, it doesn't look all that great because of the c pillar.
Further the car is disproportionate because it is under the crucial 4 meter mark.
All the cars under the four meter mark look disproportionate(no offense meant) because there is not enough space for designing and integrating the boot well.
But the amaze can be said to be a practical vehicle with the boot space of 400 liters and better rear legroom from Dzire.
But at the same time the price of 8.75 lakhs for top end model(Diesel) is way too high considering the amount of features that it has.
The most shocking part is that the legroom and boot space is more in the amaze even though it is 5mm shorter than the Dzire.

One more thing that worries me is that the fuel tank located under the boot of the car is way too low, considering the amount of bumps that we have on our roads.
rockporiom is offline  
Old 10th March 2013, 10:13   #414
BHPian
 
Dr.Nishath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 47
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
........But at the same time the price of 8.75 lakhs for top end model(Diesel) is way too high considering the amount of features that it has.
.

kindly list the features of the top end variant{diesel},if it isn't too much trouble..
Dr.Nishath is offline  
Old 10th March 2013, 12:11   #415
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Wink Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
kindly list the features of the top end variant{diesel},if it isn't too much trouble..
Yeah sure why not here it goes:
Manual aircon
Power orvm with integrated blinkers
165mm clearance
10 spoke alloy wheels(4 wheels)
Same dashboard as brio
Chrome grill on front
Rear chrome garnish
400 litres boot space
175/60 R14 tyres
Automatic transmission in petrol
Same legroom as brio
1 litre bottle holders on all doors
Cup holders in armrest at rear
no cd player only usb and aux
instant FE and trip meter
4.6M turning radius
ABD with EBD
dual airbags
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 14:44   #416
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Yeah sure why not here it goes:
Manual aircon
Power orvm with integrated blinkers
165mm clearance
10 spoke alloy wheels(4 wheels)
Same dashboard as brio
Chrome grill on front
Rear chrome garnish
400 litres boot space
175/60 R14 tyres
Automatic transmission in petrol
Same legroom as brio
1 litre bottle holders on all doors
Cup holders in armrest at rear
no cd player only usb and aux
instant FE and trip meter
4.6M turning radius
ABD with EBD
dual airbags
What about driver seat height adjust, will it be available at least in the top end trim? I hope 8.75 is the on road price, else its going to cost more than the city
msmatic is offline  
Old 10th March 2013, 15:00   #417
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 992
Thanked: 471 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
What a terrible looking car!! Even the new Dsire looks better.
It truly is ugly ! I would much larger be seen in a Chevy Sail which looks well proportioned. The Brio Amaze is seriously trying to pose as someone it really isnt.
nik_kapur is offline  
Old 10th March 2013, 15:16   #418
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,471
Thanked: 19,383 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
Same legroom as brio
Completely wrong. The Amaze has way more legroom than the Brio. We did a test in Japan with a 6 foot 8 inch passenger at the back and a regular height guy driving and he was able to sit comfortably. Every single person has specified the rear legroom to be class leading. I am not sure how you say legroom is same as Brio?
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 17:58   #419
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Unhappy Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Completely wrong. The Amaze has way more legroom than the Brio. We did a test in Japan with a 6 foot 8 inch passenger at the back and a regular height guy driving and he was able to sit comfortably. Every single person has specified the rear legroom to be class leading. I am not sure how you say legroom is same as Brio?
Strange because when I sat in the brio and immediately sat in amaze it felt to be the same.
I might have not seen properly, but what's more is that even the sales executive agreed with me. I am six foot tall, and I agree that the legroom is more than Dzire though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
What about driver seat height adjust, will it be available at least in the top end trim? I hope 8.75 is the on road price, else its going to cost more than the city
Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that there is seat height adjust in the vx variant.

wanted to mention one more thing is that the price of 8.75 lakhs is wrong. According to landmark Honda the diesel top end will cost a whopping 8.9 lakhs on-road Ahmedabad.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 18:13   #420
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 110
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
no cd player only usb and aux
That's in sync with the times. Thankfully, they didn't decide to have a CD/Aux combo and no USB
ozzyrules is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel sid_deb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 65 19th June 2014 21:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:02.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks