Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2013, 23:00   #421
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that there is seat height adjust in the vx variant.

wanted to mention one more thing is that the price of 8.75 lakhs is wrong. According to landmark Honda the diesel top end will cost a whopping 8.9 lakhs on-road Ahmedabad.
one final question - will this vx variant be available with the AT?
The pricing seems reasonable considering i20 diesel top end retails at 9+ lakhs OTR.
msmatic is offline  
Old 11th March 2013, 00:00   #422
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: chandigarh
Posts: 370
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post



Hmm, highly emotional point with no basis at all when pricing of Amaze, as well as the response of DZire is unknown. Let me assume you love MSIL, or hate Honda I think the petrol (having same engine spec as Swift/DZire/Brio) should be at par with DZire, and Amaze diesel slightly expensive (promising classleading specs).




Well the launch is next month, we are all guessing the possible scenarios, what will happen can't be predicted with certainity. However, Dzire is selling above 17000 units for last many months, and that is a fact. For Honda to upstage Dzire, it needs to sell as much as or even more than Dzire. For Amaze to sell above even 8000 units p.m. will be a big achievement.

It can mean, either Dzire will lose market share, Amaze will eat up sales of Sail sedan, indigo manza, indigo CS and verito ; or will expand market (possibly reduce sales of one segment higher cars)

Amaze looks a product with potential, however so was Jazz! In addition market situation is pretty tough with the industry facing a degrowth. Hence pricing is critical. I don't see even with at par pricing why would majority of customers move away from Maruti?

I don't care about who wins! As a customer my only interest is to get a better product at a lower price.If added competition helps me in achieving that, nothing like it!

Last edited by rock75 : 11th March 2013 at 00:03.
rock75 is offline  
Old 11th March 2013, 01:07   #423
BHPian
 
rohit_dce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
I quite like the design of the Amaze. I'm assuming that many Bhp-ians on the thread are disappointed with the design not because its really that distasteful (read: Swift Dzire with its ugly strap-on boot) but because we've come to expect Honda's arrow-shot form design philosophy on their models. The Jazz, City and Civic followed that design philosophy since they are global cars, the Brio was designed for emerging markets and that explains its bulbous dimensions (to maximize space) and please-all fascia.

I think the designers have done a marvelous job with the brief they have been given of making the Amaze a true sedan.
Respect mate for your point. People say that the car is not much of a looker but if you see the competition, that is distasteful to be precise. Look at the boot of the Dzire. What is it? It's not an arrow shot design but it is a design which is meant to please everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
It truly is ugly ! I would much larger be seen in a Chevy Sail which looks well proportioned. The Brio Amaze is seriously trying to pose as someone it really isnt.
Why are you even comparing it with the Sail? Sail is complete sedan and the Amaze is a compact sedan. They are no match for each other. If you want to compare it with someone, do it with the Dzire. And it looks way well proportioned than the Dzire.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th March 2013 at 03:16. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Edit button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
rohit_dce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 01:37   #424
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
Why are you even comparing it with the Sail? Sail is complete sedan and the Amaze is a compact sedan. They are no match for each other. If you want to compare it with someone, do it with the Dzire. And it looks way well proportioned than the Dzire.
Well my basis is price ! If i have to spend a 'X' amount of Money, then i feel the Sail looks the part (again its a personal opinion). The Amaze does not look like a proper saloon/sedan IMHO and for that matter neither does the Dzire. Most people in this segment are buying this 'style' of car over its hatchback sibling for the feeling of owning a 'Badee Gadee' (Big Car) and for that reason i feel that Chevrolet has done a better job of making a car that looks like a proper sedan.
Having put my views across, i have to say that India is a funny market, the Dzire with its Quirky looks is a runaway success and i see the Amaze further strengthening this anomaly.
nik_kapur is offline  
Old 11th March 2013, 13:42   #425
BHPian
 
rockporiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: GJ-01/Toronto
Posts: 720
Thanked: 760 Times
Post Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
one final question - will this vx variant be available with the AT?
The pricing seems reasonable considering i20 diesel top end retails at 9+ lakhs OTR.
I would like to point out two things:
1) Yes there will be automatic vx variant in Honda amaze, this will be the same tranny from brio.

2) I20 is justified because it is more than 4m in length. Plus it has a lot of features like push button start, Bluetooth, six airbags, etc.In terms of features the amaze just can't compete with the I20.
rockporiom is offline  
Old 11th March 2013, 13:46   #426
BHPian
 
teja484's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 41
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Pleasant surprise:

Hey there folks,

Here is something that i just noticed... I loggged into teambhp soon after loggin in to office :-) No surprise there...Duh!! But the surprise today was that Honda finally released the Amaze to dealers and as usual our folks were on top of it and we even have pics on our homepage. Good work there...!

Now coming back to the surprise aspect, I went through the post and looked at the changes to specs etc, I was very keen on getting to see the interiors. The only other authentic source that I know of(after teambhp) is the Honda website. So I went there and looked for Amaze in their list of products. Looks like the webdesigners at Honda have been lazy about this. No Honda Amaze (OT: Webdesign, i personally feel, has never been the strength of Honda. That is for the Tatas because their ads are inspirational and a pure delight to watch. Seriously i keep wanting to buy the Safari after their ads). However, enough digressing... Coming back, I still found that little widget-like Honda Amaze announcement, stating that it will come in March 2013. I clicked on it and lo and behold, it takes me to another site dedicated to the Amaze. I am excited as the CSS loads and then i am disappointed to note that there isn't a lot of content. All I could find was Honda was asking for content. They are inviting people to write comments. After such a disappointment, I decided not to write a comment(let alone give my phone number, email and City). Then i saw the buttion that i misread as Amaze Options. On a closer look, i realised that I jumped the gun and it was in fact, Amaze OPINIONS. Well dull as it seems, I saw a couple of faces that I recognized on the first page. Adil Darukhanawala from zigwheels and Nikhil Bhatia from Auto Car India. Well... print media?? really...NDTV etc... at the forefront?? Double really?? Hmmm no one from the online fraternity?? That is when I realised TBHP did not figure there. I resigned with a sigh and humped back into my seat.

Then I looked at the More Reviews button and decided to flip through to see if there are any more reviewers that I know of. I see less prominent people ZEE Busines and News X etc. I was further demotivated. I gave one last try before I simply closed the site. I clicked that More Reviews button one more time. And then I see Cardekho.com etc on the top and .... and... in the second row I see a familiar smile and inspite of the small image, I realise it was the same smile that was showing from the window of the review Honda Amaze in Japan. I read the name and figured it was VID6639... and below his name, in bold letters I see TEAM BHP.COM. Now I am satisfied that I finally found one reason to come back to this site. The online entity, that i have an affinity towards, is recognized although a bit on the later side.

My grudge with Honda is that it should figure this and maybe the other online opinions much before the magazines and TV channels because this is the world of the Web and they are posting this on their site. Obvously when I see something online and want to research about it, i will not run to watch the TV commercials or read about it in the magazines. I will go onto another site, like Teambhp.com and see what they have to say about it. And especially when TeamBhp gave such an honest, well written, unbiased opinion and still had loads of praises for them... Come on Honda it is all online now... SmartPhones, Computers, Laptops, Tablets... Slightly OT: IMHO, we could save so much paper(read trees) if we(of course, talking only about those who have access to the net) could stop reading/using newspapers,magazines etc or atleast reduce it. But then again, that is just me.

Now coming to the opinion; They seem to have done it all in a hurry and hotch potch... No editing... no cutting things short. A simple(i would say callous) copy paste! It starts off with "In 2011, GTO had written..." and towards the end they even have the "Disclaimer : Honda invited Team-BHP for the Amaze.... ". One might wonder whose back they were patting... their own or ours. Well, i feel they simply paid no attention and quoted us Verbatim, which is fine by me in the pure publishing sense but I feel they should have invited a proper Opinion from us where we could also prepare/edit the existing content slightly to give it the Edge over the not so well written opinions of other forums. Well, there is always a next time. Nevertheless, I am happy they published our opinion and I am happy it is in full. Cheers Vidyut and Cheers TeamBhp! We rock!

Thank you for reading through this rant patiently or atleast skimming through it...

And for the prize, here it is.


Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Also, avoid making personal comments. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-honda-amaze-tbhp-opinion-vidyut.jpg  


Last edited by Rehaan : 11th March 2013 at 15:51. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid personal comments, regardless of whether the people in question are BHPians or not.
teja484 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 13:51   #427
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 270
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Honda Amaze: Ad Shoot today

Adv Shoot taking place in Magarpatta City, pune today morning. Seems like Amaze Launch is near by.
Rear design has lots of cues from City, looks like city from a distance.
shabahmad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 14:41   #428
BHPian
 
drpudhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Erode/Kovai
Posts: 314
Thanked: 270 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja484 View Post
Pleasant surprise:

Then I looked at the More Reviews button and decided to flip through to see if there are any more reviewers that I know of. I see less prominent people ZEE Busines and News X etc. I was further demotivated. I gave one last try before I simply closed the site. I clicked that More Reviews button one more time. And then I see Cardekho.com etc on the top and .... and... in the second row I see a familiar smile and inspite of the small image, I realise it was the same smile that was showing from the window of the review Honda Amaze in Japan. I read the name and figured it was VID6639... and below his name, in bold letters I see TEAM BHP.COM. Now I am satisfied that I finally found one reason to come back to this site. The online entity, that i have an affinity towards, is recognized although a bit on the later side.
Became a bit over enthusiastic after reading your build up to the post. But a bit underwhelmed at the end. :-(

Actually this is there for quite sometime and had been discussed in this very thread in its initial pages.

But no problems. Good things can be repeated any number of times though.
drpudhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 20:31   #429
Senior - BHPian
 
agambhandari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Delhi,Ludhiana
Posts: 1,182
Thanked: 900 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post


2) I20 is justified because it is more than 4m in length. Plus it has a lot of features like push button start, Bluetooth, six airbags, etc.In terms of features the amaze just can't compete with the I20.
Sorry, but kindly check the length of i20 again, it is a sub-4m car.
6 airbags are not available in the diesel as an option.
Push start and bluetooth are something that most of us can live without.
Had the i20 had some real features like the 6 airbags and ESP in diesel, it would have been a valid point, but right now it just isn't.
agambhandari is offline  
Old 11th March 2013, 23:30   #430
BHPian
 
Turbokick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 512
Thanked: 237 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinfreak View Post
Amaze I feel is going to fill another such void - stylish, shockingly spacious, high performance compact sedan. I see myself driving the Diesel base variant or the Petrol AT before June!

Couple Reliability, Low service and Brand trust with Good Design (Exterior styling and Quality of Interiors), Good Performance (Engine, Handling, Ride) and Good Space & Comfort (Space, Gizmos, overall package) are usually what clicks in my mind. I feel all reviews claim it to be the complete sedan IN those very terms. As per Vid's reviews, Amaze was FTD, had Honda reliability, had an amazing interior space esp. rear, and handling is pretty decent. Build quality of Honda brio is good, and carried over to Amaze it ought to better. And I read somewhere that the wheelbase of the Amaze is more than Brio, and the rear door is also longer... so it has to have more space than the already spacious Brio.

Well then is the problem our aspiration from a Product from the Honda stable is it??? a proportionate looking stylish CS with 95 bhp, super spacious with 24kmpl is less !? Wow, wishing the world from Honda, coming from owners of cars that are definitely compromises in one or more respects.

Hmm, highly emotional point with no basis at all when pricing of Amaze, as well as the response of DZire is unknown. Let me assume you love MSIL, or hate Honda I think the petrol (having same engine spec as Swift/DZire/Brio) should be at par with DZire, and Amaze diesel slightly expensive (promising classleading
Wow.
So much things about a car which is yet to roll out of the showroom.
Amaze has space alright. How much? A sedan derivative of Brio cannot be called shockingly spacious no matter what engineering Honda has done to the vehicle. Space is something we can associate with Manza,Etios and even Sail in this segment. Cars like Amaze and dzire are more compact with former making better utilization of the same.
Things like reliability, low maintenance is something that can only be clearer with time. Its a Honda and we expect it to be good but still jumping guns for a first time effort is bit optimistic.
Same goes for engine horsepower and mileage claim. Let the figures come out first !
Rest of the things like interior quality, suspension, comfort etc will be more or less similar to Brio. It can be termed par for the course.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 00:54   #431
BHPian
 
rohit_dce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Well my basis is price ! If i have to spend a 'X' amount of Money, then i feel the Sail looks the part (again its a personal opinion). The Amaze does not look like a proper saloon/sedan IMHO and for that matter neither does the Dzire. Most people in this segment are buying this 'style' of car over its hatchback sibling for the feeling of owning a 'Badee Gadee' (Big Car) and for that reason i feel that Chevrolet has done a better job of making a car that looks like a proper sedan.
Having put my views across, i have to say that India is a funny market, the Dzire with its Quirky looks is a runaway success and i see the Amaze further strengthening this anomaly.

But if you see the Chevrolet's ownership costs tend to rise in the long run. I agree to your fact that the Sail is a bigger sedan but when we see the Dzire and Amaze, the Dzire looks quirky. But then again, that's my personal opinion I have an affinity for Honda cars so I might like to favour them. But if it comes at a lower price point than the Sail, then it might just become a bestseller.
rohit_dce is offline  
Old 12th March 2013, 09:35   #432
Senior - BHPian
 
narayan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,768
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
Well the launch is next month, we are all guessing the possible scenarios, what will happen can't be predicted with certainity. However, Dzire is selling above 17000 units for last many months
A large part of that 17000 will be the old Dzire sold as Dzire Tour ( yellow board )
narayan is offline  
Old 12th March 2013, 09:42   #433
BHPian
 
swarnava.m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai/Margao
Posts: 632
Thanked: 256 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_dce View Post
But if you see the Chevrolet's ownership costs tend to rise in the long run...
OT, but I beg to differ. Our Captiva has completed 2 years and run close to 30k. Decent FE, and maintenance costs have been surprisingly low. I have nothing bad to say against the dealership either. So this has been a very happy ownership and proven that my earlier perception about Chevy's higher ownership costs to be wrong.
swarnava.m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 15:29   #434
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indore
Posts: 422
Thanked: 550 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Auto Car India reports that Amaze will be launched on April 16th

Quote:
The much awaited Honda Amaze saloon will make its way to our showrooms on April 16 according to sources.

Honda will plonk its new 1.5-litre – specially engineered for India – diesel motor in this car. The Brio-based entry-level saloon will also be offered with the 1.2-litre petrol engine that is shared with the hatchback.
Source:http://www.autocarindia.com/News/336...-april-16.aspx
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 22:15   #435
BHPian
 
rohit_dce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
OT, but I beg to differ. Our Captiva has completed 2 years and run close to 30k. Decent FE, and maintenance costs have been surprisingly low. I have nothing bad to say against the dealership either. So this has been a very happy ownership and proven that my earlier perception about Chevy's higher ownership costs to be wrong.
I had the same perception as you but since you've had a Chevy in your family, I'll agree to what you have to say
rohit_dce is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Honda Amaze i-DTEC Diesel sid_deb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 65 19th June 2014 21:17


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:44.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks