Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 24th November 2012, 06:02   #106
BHPian

I am in the market for an entry level sedan and had almost booked the etios. Thanks to this review I am thinking again now.

It's a Honda.
It's a diesel.
It's under 4 m with decent space.

Its a no brainer. If priced on par with etios, I will be one of the first to book it.

Honda
1. Give abs and airbags as an option on all variants. (Primary reason to consider etios for me)
2. Give features like DTE, fuel efficiency reading etc on all variants.
Old 24th November 2012, 06:47   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar
A couple of pics from yahoo Autos.
Geez, why on earth would they give the music system off center favoring the passenger. Agreed, it's not a very wide car but still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun
I think Amaze will do to City more than what DZire did to SX4 - near complete cannibalization!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang
I am in the market for an entry level sedan and had almost booked the etios. Thanks to this review I am thinking again now.

It's a Honda.
It's a diesel.
It's under 4 m with decent space.
Maybe it will cannibalize the City, much like the City cannibalized the Civic, and the Dzire is far too well entrenched in the customers psyche to be toppled from its position;
But the Amaze will definitely spell trouble for others in this segment and an inevitable doom for the big T's half hearted attempt.
Old 24th November 2012, 06:51   #108
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven

This is a very important moment event in Team BHP annals, being invited for the first view/test drive that too for the overseas event. Makes every one of us proud indeed. This differentiated the man from the boys, the champion from the also-rans.
That apart the car appears balanced and is going to give the Dzires and the Etios' a run for their money. A beginning of a new era of Honda Diesels.

Last edited by rajeev k : 24th November 2012 at 06:53.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 07:57   #109
BHPian

Some more pictures can be seen here, studio shots this time.

Honda Brio Amaze [Petrol] Thailand Pricing -

Amaze S M/T – 4,54,000 Baht – Rs. 8.18 lakhs
Amaze V M/T – 4,82,000 Baht – Rs. 8.68 lakhs
Amaze S A/T – 4,93,000 Baht – Rs. 8.88 lakhs
Amaze V A/T – 5,21,000 Baht – Rs. 9.38 lakhs

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th November 2012 at 10:00.
Old 24th November 2012, 08:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review and an unexpected one too!

The front of the car looks great. However in the side view it looks bloated from the rear. The front also looks also looks small probably to get it below 4000 mark.

The KPL predictions are amazing! Looks like a Honda built for Indian needs.Lets hope the pricing too match Indian needs.
Old 24th November 2012, 10:00   #111
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2012 at 16:04.
wordsworth is online now   Received Infraction
Old 24th November 2012, 10:06   #112
BHPian

THanks for the trailer. It sounds very promising. Toyota Etios and Suzuki D-Zire better watch out. Honda is brand many swear by and them bringing a diesel with good FE and good power would be surely a game changer. If the pricing is right they could probably ruffle a lot of feathers.
Waiting for the full movie (full blown review with all the details) next year when this Brio with a boot arrives in India.
As many BHPians I too am very proud to be a member of a website that grows day by day and is being noticed internationally due to the amazing number of members and a really good team of mods who have worked so hard to bring it to this level. Kudos to you guys...!!! Hope to see T-BHP grow by leaps and bounds
Old 24th November 2012, 10:34   #113
Senior - BHPian

See the Honda models available in Thailand! They are not interested in introducing those people movers in India. With the 1.5 / 1.6 Diesel, hopefully we will get them.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Amaze 1.5L Diesel : Driven-h.jpg  

Old 24th November 2012, 10:49   #114
BHPian

Thanks for the short review and pictures Vidyut bro.Was awaiting for this since weeks.

Have to say, the rear looks very neatly put together and the bumper with all those creases just add to the looks. From the back view, it simply doesn't look like a brio sedan at all. Hats off to Honda for making such a proportionate design.

One doubt. There is no fogs and this is a top-end model right ? Or will get once its on sale ?

99bhp ? seriously ? Every other media reported 75-85bhp range.But, still, if its 99horses, Honda has another reason to market as well, considering every other entry level sedan has less figures.

So, put the pricing right and Honda is back on the game ! I bet this and Dzire are going to be the top sellers in the segment. Wish Honda India doesn't add up problems by creating a long waiting list.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:06   #115
BHPian

It says in the review that even the Honda Accord is expected to get a 2.2L Diesel heart. Is this rumors or confirmed news? With Honda you're always kept guessing! Nevertheless if anyone can share any info about the diesel accord i.e. its expected launch time here in India. Any inputs would be very helpful to me as I'm in a long drawn out process of upgrading my Corolla.
Old 24th November 2012, 11:14   #116
BHPian

ACI First Drive review of the Amaze -

Regards,
Varun

MODS - Kindly mearge this post with the above post. 30mins time exceeded.

Some interior pics. Posing since Honda has not reveled interior shots.
Pic 1

Name:  hondabrioamazeinteriors.jpg
Views: 6289
Size:  106.5 KB

Dashboard -
Name:  amaze interior 1 (Custom).bmp
Views: 25695
Size:  1,021.0 KB

Rear Seats -
Name:  amaze int 2 (Custom).bmp
Views: 8077

Rear Legroom -
Name:  amaze int 3 (Custom).bmp
Views: 16490

Sorry for the small pics. Had to fit the max upload size of 1MB.

Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by benbsb29 : 24th November 2012 at 14:27. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
powertrain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 11:59   #117
BHPian

Excellent report Vid. Thanks

Yet another designing achievement from Honda. The designing team sure needs to be paid a compliment on how they achieve space out of "nothingness". They did that with the Brio and now the Amaze. Being a Brio owner myself I can tell you a lot of people were skeptical about the space inside but once inside many of them had nothing but marveled at the witchcraft.

The 1.5L Dtec with its 99hp will do a lot of justice. With a light body weight the power to weight ratio could be much higher. Price it rightly and it would tick most boxes.

Hope they improve the soft suspension as Brio tends to be very bouncy at high speeds over patchy roads. Steering feedback again something of a hit or a miss. Its super light and even makes the City steering appear heavier.

Keeping the same 175/65 R14 makes the car undertyred. An upgrade will definitely make the ride more compliant.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:00   #118
Senior - BHPian

Great report Vid. Thanks!
Frankly speaking I didn't expect any official news on the Honda Amaze at this point of time. But it feels really special that TBHP is being called for such prototype tests. Great going mods.

Coming back to the car, a sub-4-meter Honda sedan with a diesel engine has caliber to hit the charts on fire. The Amaze will fight head-to-head with the best selling entry-level sedan in India - The Maruti Suzuki DZire. IMO, the Honda will be priced atleast 30,000 higher than its Suzuki counterpart due to its bigger 1.5L engine than the 1.3L unit of the DZire. The only advantage the DZire might have is the better looking interiors and the reliable after-sales network.

The market is indeed heating up now. God Bless competition.

Last edited by dZired : 24th November 2012 at 13:02.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:05   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I think Amaze will do to City more than what DZire did to SX4 - near complete cannibalization!

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/

Looks nice in this picture!
If they price the petrol vis a vis the brio like dzire does vis a vis swift they can get 3000-3500 p.m. for petrol only! Diesel will eat in to market share of Maruti, tata and toyota. Ticks all right boxes , just waiting for price.
Old 24th November 2012, 13:10   #120
BHPian

Great review!!

The Amaze looks to be a winner ticking all the right boxes for an Indian driving scenario - pliant ride, decent handling, interior and boot space, and low rpm power delivery. Should be a big boost for Honda's aspirations for the Indian market.

Now a diesel Jazz...

Drive on,
Shibu.
Closed Thread