Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th February 2013, 15:04   #76
BHPian

Default re: VW Vento TDI Highline 2012 refresh (1st service Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
I've done something similar on my 2010 Vento. But instead of routing a cable from existing 12v provision, I got a new 12v setup installed behind the head unit and routed out the USB-microUSB cable alone to top of dashboard near A pillar. I use it for charging my mobile this way which doubles as my GPS.
This sounds like a really useful option. Can you share pictures of this installation that you've had done? it will come in really useful for those of us who want to make similar improvisations?
joey645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 21:53   #77
BHPian

Default re: VW Vento TDI Highline 2012 refresh (1st service Update)

1st Service Update (~13400 Kms):

The car went in for first service on 14 Nov 2013 at VW Palace Cross, Rajajinagar, Bangalore, with no major complaints except door and seat squeaks. Car was returned after service on the same day. Apart from regular service (engine oil & filter replacement, AC filter replacement), ECU was updated.

Post service, following are the observations:

+ Engine noise & vibrations significantly reduced
+ Engine seems to run smoother
+ Clutch is lighter
+ Throttle response has improved (rubber band effect reduced)
+ Low speed ride has improved - less bumpy

I have been advised to get the brake pads replaced after I cross 20K Kms.

SA claimed ECU update is the cause of reduced engine noise and smooth running.

Overall, I was satisfied with the work done by VW Palace Cross, Rajajinagar. Compared to VW Whitefield and VW Hosur Road, which are congested and chaotic, the Rajajinagar workshop seems to be a relatively peaceful place (atleast was on the day I visited) and looked professional (finally!).

I paid close to Rs. 12K for first service (seems a bit on the higher side compared to what I have seen on the forum).
pc73 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 16:31   #78
BHPian

Default Re: VW Vento TDI Highline 2012 refresh (1st service Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc73 View Post
I paid close to Rs. 12K for first service (seems a bit on the higher side compared to what I have seen on the forum).
It also cost me 12.3K - done just last week. Although they havent mentioned anything about ECU update so I dont know whether they have done it or not.
surd_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 10:21   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Ah ! Thanks pc73 This helps. Hope the accessories guy at my dealer can make sense of it. As of now he claims he has never heard of this kind of a routing of the cable.
And congrats on ur ride's mini bday. How u celebrating ?
Have you been able to do the re-routing of GPS Charger wire as suggested in the post.
I am very irritated with the number of wires running in front of my dashboard.
achopraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2013, 10:35   #80

Post EDITED: Dotty post! Please avoid typing like this... Use proper punctuation instead.

No I did not try to do that eventually. Because it would have involved prying apart the plastic part of the dashboard a bit, figured why tamper with a new car and got used to the one wire hanging in front really fast. One idea you could try is using a transparent cellotape or sth to stick the wire to the path you want it to follow, that way it wont keep dangling.

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th December 2013 at 10:41.
Carzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 19:50   #81
BHPian

What is suggested battery replacement for Vento HL Diesel? 3.5 years now, I remember changing battery once around 45k kms. Battery completely died just 20 days after 90k service. Mechanic said there is a VW battery and VW Exide (Rs7100 vs Rs.7800) but life is 2 yrs/4yrs he says.

Any suggestions please?
LandCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 06:34   #82
BHPian

Exactly after 3 years (December 2015), I replaced the battery since it died one fine morning and car wouldn't start. No prior symptoms except that the cranking was a touch longer during the end days of the battery.

I replaced with Amaron AAM-FL-566112060 and happy since then. Paid Rs. 4899 (after exchange with dead battery). Bought online.

Last edited by pc73 : 27th June 2016 at 06:35.
pc73 is offline   Reply With Quote