Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:16   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Wanted to know if it is safe to look at a little high mileage cars like in the range of 70K+ kms, I have come across 2 of them, yet to see these cars, provided they are well maintained etc, also what is the optimum life of its turbo.
To answer your questions, tread wear is pretty normal from what I have seen so far. I haven't completely worn out a set of rubbers yet. So maybe I can't comment much on that. My car in total has clocked around 54k of which 6k were by me. I haven't really experienced any problems thus far.

Prices is Bangalore are truly very high. Try and look for models above 08-09 preferably ones which have done under 40k. I have come across some really less used cars in the Kerala market, but again price varies depending on the condition and use.

I would say try and avoid high mileage cars. These cars can no doubt sustain high usage but there is that risk of running into routine maintenance and part replacements which could cost you pretty high unless you have opted for some service package. So better safe than sorry.

Also, make very sure you obtain the service history of the vehicle from the local dealer. They might ask for the current owner's permission (which they did for me) before they provide you these details. They sent me the complete service history by email and were pretty prompt with their responses. I used the BMW site inquiry option.

Try to deal with genuine customers. Also call the BMW dealer in Bangalore. They might help you find the right car, just like they did for me. 75% loan does sound a little scary. But I guess you will know what to do better than me. Do also take into account any service costs/other immediate expenses before you take a final decision. The car, without even a shadow of a doubt, is a gem of a machine.

Thanks
over.drive is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2013, 18:52   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,481
Thanked: 3,625 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Congrats on your beauty. I can't get enough my 320d and can only imagine what kind of power must be you enjoying in your ride. Infact there was a 530d getting delivered on the same day as mine and the SA promised me a TD of the same whenever am free. The 530d can be the only logical upgrade over the 320d.

Wish you many happy miles with the car. Please share some interior pictures.
drmohitg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:59   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats, on your new car and enjoy it; take the F.E factor out of the picture for a while This car is meant to be enjoyed and you've got yourself a very fine example. All the best with your new car !
Thanks W.A.G.7.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
Have you had any issues with grounding out with a full load of people in the car at all?
I haven't really had much of a trouble with the car grounding out. But it certainly is low-slung.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The 530d can be the only logical upgrade over the 320d. Wish you many happy miles with the car. Please share some interior pictures.
Thank you. I did check out your thread on the 320d. It looks lovely. I am pretty sure you saw the new generation 530d (F10) when you were taking delivery of your car. And yes, I agree that 530d is the next logical upgrade in every which way for you. Do take a test drive when you get a chance. That said, F30 320d is a very capable car in itself. I have not driven one yet but from the online reviews I understand it has the right balance between sporty and luxury. Hope you are enjoying the ownership experience greatly.
over.drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 17:53   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: India
Posts: 88
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Thanks W.A.G.7.



I haven't really had much of a trouble with the car grounding out. But it certainly is low-slung.


Thank you. I did check out your thread on the 320d. It looks lovely. I am pretty sure you saw the new generation 530d (F10) when you were taking delivery of your car. And yes, I agree that 530d is the next logical upgrade in every which way for you. Do take a test drive when you get a chance. That said, F30 320d is a very capable car in itself. I have not driven one yet but from the online reviews I understand it has the right balance between sporty and luxury. Hope you are enjoying the ownership experience greatly.
Hello, I am in the market for a 530d. Read your experience with the machine and was encouraged. Have two options both in Mumbai one has done 40000 kms and is through a dealer.
The other is 525d done 82000 kms and direct. The owner said he went off the bmw network last year and his car has been maintained outside since. There is a price difference Of about 4 lacs. What should I do?
arihant jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 19:21   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 946
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post
Hello, I am in the market for a 530d. Read your experience with the machine and was encouraged. Have two options both in Mumbai one has done 40000 kms and is through a dealer.
The other is 525d done 82000 kms and direct. The owner said he went off the bmw network last year and his car has been maintained outside since. There is a price difference Of about 4 lacs. What should I do?
What prices are you encountering for 530d and you have not mentioned which year are these cars. Thumb rule, its not important what price you pay, but the car must have been well taken care of, there is no substitute for that. I was offered a MY2009, registered 2010 run 62K for 24L in Bangalore.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 20:11   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: India
Posts: 88
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post

What prices are you encountering for 530d and you have not mentioned which year are these cars. Thumb rule, its not important what price you pay, but the car must have been well taken care of, there is no substitute for that. I was offered a MY2009, registered 2010 run 62K for 24L in Bangalore.
The 530 d is may 2009 and 19.75 lacs, done 40000 kms.
The 525d is 2008 model 82000 kms for 16 lacs.
What will be the power difference ? Which one should I choose?
arihant jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 20:41   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 946
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant jain View Post

The 530 d is may 2009 and 19.75 lacs, done 40000 kms.
The 525d is 2008 model 82000 kms for 16 lacs.
What will be the power difference ? Which one should I choose?
Stick to 530d, its a big car a little heavy too, 525d does not make the cut. Unfortunately BMW did not release 330d in India otherwise that would have been a better bet. But performance and luxury is unparalleled in 530d.
zulfi hansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2014, 22:42   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Stick to 530d, its a big car a little heavy too, 525d does not make the cut. Unfortunately BMW did not release 330d in India otherwise that would have been a better bet. But performance and luxury is unparalleled in 530d.
I second that opinion. For a few Lakhs extra if you can get the 530d you should get that. You will not regret your decision.

However, try to make sure that the vehicle you get is well maintained and serviced only at the authorized service centre. Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, obtain the complete service history for the vehicle from BMW Service. You'll be doing yourself a favor by avoiding cars with high odo readings or ones that are serviced outside. Cheap shouldn't be your only priority. Think about how much money you could end up spending on maintenance for a poorly maintained or high mileage vehicle. Try to get a good vehicle from genuine customers directly. I am sure you'll find quite a few online and in the local classifieds. Do give the local dealership a ring and let them know you are shopping.

Looking forward to your updates.

Thanks
over.drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 21:51   #39
BHPian
 
sid1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Hi everyone,

Looking for some inputs on this thread. I am picking up a pre-worshipped E60 2008 520D with 43K on the odo, with service records from a single owner tomorrow.

Car does not have a spare kit. Anybody who has purchased one from a BMW/ non-BMW dealer in Delhi/Gurgaon/NCR or can share a pointer on where it can be sourced? Will appreciate any help here.

I am in Gurgaon. I can pick up the spare kit from anywhere in NCR.

Thanks,
Sid
sid1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 22:03   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,203
Thanked: 2,957 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Car does not have a spare kit. Anybody who has purchased one from a BMW/ non-BMW dealer in Delhi/Gurgaon/NCR or can share a pointer on where it can be sourced?
If you mean an extra tyre by spare kit then you have 2 options - pick up new one from dealership which essentially is a space saver , this will cost you around 28 K . Second option will be to buy a new Tyre and alloy / rim .

If you are OK with something used , I can give you one set of tyre + alloy complimentary

Last edited by Turbanator : 9th February 2015 at 22:05.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2015, 01:50   #41
BHPian
 
sid1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If you mean an extra tyre by spare kit then you have 2 options - pick up new one from dealership which essentially is a space saver , this will cost you around 28 K . Second option will be to buy a new Tyre and alloy / rim .

If you are OK with something used , I can give you one set of tyre + alloy complimentary

Thanks Turbanator. Appreciate the gesture. Will love to pick it up from you. Let me know when and where. A big thank you. Will PM my coordinates separately.
sid1509 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 11:42   #42
BHPian
 
sid1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 51 Times
Default

Hi all,

My 2009 520d's ACC is playing up a bit. It is not cooling as efficiently as it should. If anyone knows a good workshop who specialises in AC's in South delhi/Gurgaon/Faridabad, please share. Summer is setting in and want to get it fixed. Will hate to go to A.S.S. for this. Anybody who has got AC done up with a gas top-up/refill, what were the charges like? Any info will be helpful and will be appreciated.

Have checked the idrive vent settings/console settings and it seems to be an issue with the ACC only.

Regards
Sid
sid1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 12:01   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kerala
Posts: 76
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Hi all,

My 2009 520d's ACC is playing up a bit. It is not cooling as efficiently as it should. If anyone knows a good workshop who specialises in AC's in South delhi/Gurgaon/Faridabad, please share. Summer is setting in and want to get it fixed. Will hate to go to A.S.S. for this. Anybody who has got AC done up with a gas top-up/refill, what were the charges like? Any info will be helpful and will be appreciated.

Have checked the idrive vent settings/console settings and it seems to be an issue with the ACC only.

Regards
Sid
Hi Sid,

I had a similar problem on my 530d a while back where the AC wasn't cooling the cabin as effectively as it did earlier. It turned out to be a problem with the settings on iDrive. I do not actually remember what changes I made to the settings to fix it. The settings aren't the most intuitive to work with either. I'd urge you to go through the Climate Control settings section in the manual again before you send the car to the service center. Googling did help find many articles on this problem with screen shots of the iDrive settings. Try that as well.

Thanks
over.drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 12:32   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1509 View Post
Hi all,

My 2009 520d's ACC is playing up a bit. It is not cooling as efficiently as it should. If anyone knows a good workshop who specialises in AC's in South delhi/Gurgaon/Faridabad, please share. Summer is setting in and want to get it fixed. Will hate to go to A.S.S. for this. Anybody who has got AC done up with a gas top-up/refill, what were the charges like? Any info will be helpful and will be appreciated.

Have checked the idrive vent settings/console settings and it seems to be an issue with the ACC only.

Regards
Sid
It might be the microfilter which is cabin air filter in BMW talk. Best to get that checked first, along with the idrive settings. Being 2009 I think it would have the newer iDrive and hence not many climate settings in the iDrive. If it is the older version, then yes it is quite complicated and worth going through.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 20:54   #45
BHPian
 
sid1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 91
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Pre-Worshipped BMW E60 530d - JOY Unlimited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by over.drive View Post
Hi Sid,

I had a similar problem on my 530d a while back where the AC wasn't cooling the cabin as effectively as it did earlier. It turned out to be a problem with the settings on iDrive. I do not actually remember what changes I made to the settings to fix it. The settings aren't the most intuitive to work with either. I'd urge you to go through the Climate Control settings section in the manual again before you send the car to the service center. Googling did help find many articles on this problem with screen shots of the iDrive settings. Try that as well.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It might be the microfilter which is cabin air filter in BMW talk. Best to get that checked first, along with the idrive settings. Being 2009 I think it would have the newer iDrive and hence not many climate settings in the iDrive. If it is the older version, then yes it is quite complicated and worth going through.
Thanks Over.drive and akshay1234 for your reply. I have tried everything on the idrive and also on the physical console (max/just AC/lowest temp/auto settings etc) but nothing seems to work. I can vouch that it was working perfectly 15 days back. Would chill the cabin in no time. Will give it another try tomorrow morning with a peaceful head. In the meantime, if I get any FNG reference, I am happy to take the car to them and get it fixed for good.
sid1509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!* VSD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 85 25th July 2016 15:07
The F10 BMW 530d - 'Automotivification' of JOY ! " Pics on Pg 1 & 3" Dieselite Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 14th June 2012 13:52
E60 BMW 530d Highline nirmalkrishnan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 19th January 2011 21:53
Remapping BMW E60 530d Sandeepm777 Modifications & Accessories 7 16th February 2010 11:55
BMW 520D,530D,530D HIGHLINE Launched undead The Indian Car Scene 66 25th September 2008 18:30


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks