Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 14:57   #16
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congratulations Abhi3284!

I believe the new Ritz variants (V and Z) have Day/Night mirror by default right? How's the visibility?

Question to the other Ritz owners - MID has been introduced in the Ritz refreshed model, can this software be updated in the previous generation models too?
Yes. The new variants have D/N Mirror by default. It is a welcome addition i would say as it greatly reduces the High Beam Headlight Glares and improves Visibility as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I'm a little late, nevertheless, congrats on your new car and welcome to the Ritz owners club

Wishing you many years of happy and safe drives.


1. I agree with the rear visibility and got the rear parking sensors installed from the dealer itself (nippon make) and it greatly helps while parking in tight spots.

2. I'm comfortable with the gear shifts. Yes, it is not butter smooth like my ex-car - the esteem but slots nicely. No mis-shifts ever although it is notchy.

3. I have this issue as well, esp. in slow moving bumper to bumper city traffic. My ankles hurt after an hour's drive in such traffic but to a large extent adjusting the seat height has greatly helped. I don't experience any discomfort during highway drives though.

4. Headlights - the stock bulbs are pathetic. I plonked in the Osram Nightbreaker Plus in 60/55W (stock rating) without the need for a relay or wiring harness. The output has improved by leaps and bounds and my highway drives are a lot more confidence inspiring thanks to these bulbs.

You can either go with these bulbs or with the Philips Xtreme Visions. I would advise you to avoid higher watt bulbs since they take a toll on the reflector and lens over a period of time, due to the high amount of heat they produce. I paid 1100 bucks for a pair of these Osram headlight bulbs.

5. Air Con - I'm happy with the a/c and rarely have the temp knob turned to fully cold setting. How would the a/c filter help in better cooling?

Hey Thanks, Aditya.

I too have switched to Osram Nightbreaker Plus in 60/55W a couple of months ago. I got a new pair of these Bulbs for 750 /- Online during a Promotional Offer. . Am pretty happy with them.

Even i did not get the Logic of A/C Filter helping in better cooling. Hence, i deferred the decision of installing it to next Service.

Are you done with the 2nd Free Service ? Since you also own the New Ritz, can you check and confirm whether Synthetic Oil is being made mandatory by Maruti Suzuki for the New DDIS Ritz ?
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2013, 13:16   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Yes. The new variants have D/N Mirror by default. It is a welcome addition i would say as it greatly reduces the High Beam Headlight Glares and improves Visibility as well.





Hey Thanks, Aditya.

I too have switched to Osram Nightbreaker Plus in 60/55W a couple of months ago. I got a new pair of these Bulbs for 750 /- Online during a Promotional Offer. . Am pretty happy with them.

Even i did not get the Logic of A/C Filter helping in better cooling. Hence, i deferred the decision of installing it to next Service.

Are you done with the 2nd Free Service ? Since you also own the New Ritz, can you check and confirm whether Synthetic Oil is being made mandatory by Maruti Suzuki for the New DDIS Ritz ?
Congrats Abhi and welcome to Ritz Club. I too own a Jan-13 Ritz VDi ABS model, clocked around 3.5 K. Will be giving the same to 2nd service this week end. Cam to know through the service advisor that they are advised to use synthetic oil for diesel cars from MSIL. Will get more details tomorrow.

I somehow is getting a very low fuel average from the past couple of weeks, City 14.5 & Highway 17, with 50% A/C Usage. Did check the tire pressure.Also feel very low power in 2nd gear in bumper to bumper traffic :(
P4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 11:43   #18
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4life View Post
Congrats Abhi and welcome to Ritz Club. I too own a Jan-13 Ritz VDi ABS model, clocked around 3.5 K. Will be giving the same to 2nd service this week end. Cam to know through the service advisor that they are advised to use synthetic oil for diesel cars from MSIL. Will get more details tomorrow.

I somehow is getting a very low fuel average from the past couple of weeks, City 14.5 & Highway 17, with 50% A/C Usage. Did check the tire pressure.Also feel very low power in 2nd gear in bumper to bumper traffic :(
Thanks and Congrats to you as well. Kindly share the details you obtained from the Service Advisor as even i was told that Synthetic Oil is mandatory. You can report the Low Mileage Issue during 2nd Service but i think it will increase after 3rd Service / 10K Kms. Never faced any Low Power Issues.

How do you feel is the Braking in the ABS equipped Ritz ? It was my first choice as well but the waiting period was more than 2 Months. So, skipped it and got the non-ABS Variant. Braking is good enough i felt.
abhi3284 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 12:11   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Thanks and Congrats to you as well. Kindly share the details you obtained from the Service Advisor as even i was told that Synthetic Oil is mandatory. You can report the Low Mileage Issue during 2nd Service but i think it will increase after 3rd Service / 10K Kms. Never faced any Low Power Issues.

How do you feel is the Braking in the ABS equipped Ritz ? It was my first choice as well but the waiting period was more than 2 Months. So, skipped it and got the non-ABS Variant. Braking is good enough i felt.
Thanks Abhi, Checked with his and its not mandatory it seems, but recommended. Low power issue is sorted out, the air filter was clogged, Got it cleaned and now its much better. Hopefully this should also sort the low fuel average issue. I had used a non-abs version of previous generation ritz earlier, and one one with ABS give much confidence while panic braking.
P4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 13:51   #20
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Abhi,

Any updates on the usage of synthetic oil? I got a ritz vdi last week and it has done 1400kms in a week. Thinking if i should go in for an oil change for the first service. If its Synthetic oil, then i would follow the company prescribed mileage for oil. Its expensive and the reason for getting a maruthi was the low ownership cost. Also i think my car has a problem with the wheel alignment. Would they charge me for wheel alignment? Only consumables are charged?
santhoshbkartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 07:43   #21
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha View Post
Abhi,

Any updates on the usage of synthetic oil? I got a ritz vdi last week and it has done 1400kms in a week. Thinking if i should go in for an oil change for the first service. If its Synthetic oil, then i would follow the company prescribed mileage for oil. Its expensive and the reason for getting a maruthi was the low ownership cost. Also i think my car has a problem with the wheel alignment. Would they charge me for wheel alignment? Only consumables are charged?
Hi Santosh,

Even i was in the same dilemma as you are now. I checked with the Maruti Service Advisor and they stated it is Fully Synthetic Oil which Maruti recommends for the DDIS Cars. Hence, i did not opt for Oil Change and will get it done in 3rd Service.
Not sure if this is Mandatory from Suzuki or just their recommendation.


If you want to get Wheel Alignment done, they will surely charge you. I will recommend getting it done from outside and not from Maruti Suzuki as i think they charge more.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 18:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,314 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhoshbkartha View Post
Abhi,

Any updates on the usage of synthetic oil? I got a ritz vdi last week and it has done 1400kms in a week. Thinking if i should go in for an oil change for the first service. If its Synthetic oil, then i would follow the company prescribed mileage for oil. Its expensive and the reason for getting a maruthi was the low ownership cost. Also i think my car has a problem with the wheel alignment. Would they charge me for wheel alignment? Only consumables are charged?
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Hi Santosh,

Hence, i did not opt for Oil Change and will get it done in 3rd Service. Not sure if this is Mandatory from Suzuki or just their recommendation.
Get your engine oil changed to synthetic post 20000 kms. It is better as the engine will bed in properly. If synthetic oil is used in a new engine the run-in will be slower and may not be affective.

MASS recommends oil change every 10000 kms and it recommends Synthetic. I don't think it forces the customer to use synthetic but yes they try to ask you to change. I have been using Synthetic since the car completed 20000 kms. It is a 5W40 oil and costs Rs 917.20/lt.

Regarding Wheel alignment and wheel balancing it is better to get it done outside places that are dedicated for this job. MASS doesn't do the job well and I had visited the service again as the car was pulling left after wheel balancing and alignment.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2013, 00:11   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 12
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside

Thankyou Abhi and Anurag.

I got the first service done. The SA mentioned the same - we do not mandate it, its recommended. I have completed 2100Kms as of now. Will wait and watch. The oil color is getting darker. I would be completing 1 month with the ritz this 15th.
I just did a 800 kms trip. Did not do the full tank method. The display indicator shows mileage as 18kmpl.
santhoshbkartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2013, 14:59   #24
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default 3rd Service Update & facing some Issues

Hey Guys....posting after a long time.

Completed my Ritzy's 3rd Service a couple of Months ago.
Got the Oil Filter and Oil changed to their recommended Semi Synthetic Oil.
Total Cost came to some 2500 /- odd.
Ritzy has been serving me well. No Niggles and Issues up until now.
Am attaching the Fuel Expense and Mileage Tracker Sheet that i maintain.

Now for the Issue that i am facing:

Recently, i noticed that a brushing or screeching kind of noise would come from the clutch area only when driving in Half Clutch Situations like in Traffic and while going upward on a Slope [in 1st Gear going Forward as well as while Reversing].

Complained to Maruti and they have taken the Car for diagnosis. They tested and have acknowledged the brushing noise. Initially, i thought it would be a quick fix and a minor Issue. But for the past 2 Days, the Car is in the Service Center and they are unable to pinpoint the cause. The latest i spoke with the Service Advisor, he mentioned they are now planning to open the Gearbox and check for any Issues like Friction. Isn't opening a Gearbox a major thing ?

I am a little worried as the Car is just 10 Months Old and it's got to a point of opening the Gearbox. Is it possible to be a Manufacturing Defect and if any Issues found with the Gearbox, will it be replaced under Warranty ?

Any Pointers or Suggestions are Welcome.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Maruti Ritz VDI - True Joy Inside-mileage-tracker.png  

abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2013, 20:30   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,314 Times
Default Re: 3rd Service Update & facing some Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Recently, i noticed that a brushing or screeching kind of noise would come from the clutch area only when driving in Half Clutch Situations like in Traffic and while going upward on a Slope [in 1st Gear going Forward as well as while Reversing].
Oops Abhi, now that is not a good sign and I advise you to check for the problems in the Clutch and after ruling that out only venture to the Gearbox. Check the release bearing also.

I also advise you to get a second opinion from a mechanic you know or any other competent MASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
The latest i spoke with the Service Advisor, he mentioned they are now planning to open the Gearbox and check for any Issues like Friction. Isn't opening a Gearbox a major thing ?

I am a little worried as the Car is just 10 Months Old and it's got to a point of opening the Gearbox. Is it possible to be a Manufacturing Defect and if any Issues found with the Gearbox, will it be replaced under Warranty
Opening the gearbox is a major issue and get it assured to get parts replaced under warranty since the car is just 10 months old. If a problem is diagnosed whatsoever the parts (read price) are not be paid by you.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 12:03   #26
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: 3rd Service Update & facing some Issues

Got the Car yesterday and the following have been replaced under Warranty:

- Clutch Cover
- Clutch Disc Comp.
- Clutch Overhaul done.
- LH and RH Wiper Blade Assembly.......this since i had complained about Wipers not cleaning the Screen properly.


Clutch feels better now.
However, the Gearshift throws seem shorter than before now. Wonder why.

Thanks Anurag for your tips.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2013, 14:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Clutch feels better now.
However, the Gearshift throws seem shorter than before now. Wonder why.

Thanks Anurag for your tips.
Welcome Abhi!

I hope the issue has been sorted and you are in a peace of mind now. Hopefully they didn't have to open the gear box! Did you talk with the engineer or the SA for the problem - root cause and how it had surfaced, the diagnosis and solution etc!

Update once your free.

Thanks.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 11:10   #28
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Getting weird squeaking noise from Steering Console

Guys, need some advice on diagnosing an Issue.
There is a squeaking kinda noise coming from near the Steering Console Area while driving. Similar to a Mouse Squeaking Noise. And No...there is no Mouse in my Car..., since this has been happening randomly for the past 4-5k Kms. Or rather since i had left the Car at the Service Station in October for the Clutch Parts Replacement.

I went to the Service Station to show this Issue but the Issue did not reproduce itself since it happens intermittently.

I have captured a video from my Mobile Phone which has the squeaking noise but am not sure how to upload it here and if the Video format is supported to upload.

Appreciate your Inputs in diagnosing the Issue so that i can report the same to the Service Station during 4th Service which will happen soon.

Thanks.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 11:30   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,357
Thanked: 13,314 Times
Default Re: Getting weird squeaking noise from Steering Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Guys, need some advice on diagnosing an Issue.
There is a squeaking kinda noise coming from near the Steering Console Area while driving. Similar to a Mouse Squeaking Noise. And No...there is no Mouse in my Car..., since this has been happening randomly for the past 4-5k Kms. Or rather since i had left the Car at the Service Station in October for the Clutch Parts Replacement.
I guess there is some loose part that is rubbing with the steering console or with the dashboard.

Does this happen on rough roads or when the turbo spools up?

Please tell us when all is that squeaking heard so that we can rule out the points.


Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 12:01   #30
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 153
Thanked: 52 Times
Default Re: Getting weird squeaking noise from Steering Console

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I guess there is some loose part that is rubbing with the steering console or with the dashboard.

Does this happen on rough roads or when the turbo spools up?

Please tell us when all is that squeaking heard so that we can rule out the points.

Anurag.
Thanks for the quick reply Anurag.

From what i have observed, this happens on smooth roads and at low speeds as well before the turbo spools up. But the problem is it happens intermittently.

As i mentioned in my previous Post, i have a Video captured but am not sure how to upload it here.

Thanks.
abhi3284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joy is BMW; Greater JOY is a bigger BMW - F10 525d *EDIT: Now sold!* VSD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 85 25th July 2016 15:07
2012 Maruti Ritz VDI - Our new family workhorse! **EDIT: Now sold!** RavenAvi Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 26th February 2014 15:36
My new Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDi - Glistening Grey - A Review blue_pulsar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 55 17th April 2013 16:01
Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? Tapan The Indian Car Scene 49 1st June 2009 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks