Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 10th January 2015, 10:30   #61
BHPian

I find it amazing that some folks make assumptions on what rights others may or may not have based on their own experience with some other manufacturer. Unlike what someone quoted about Skoda, my VW warranty card does not exclude the battery. So I continued to push, with a post on Facebook, and an Email to the VW India CEO.

VW got back to me, and agreed to bear 50% of the cost of a new battery. They also agreed to provide a further 2 year warranty on the same. While this is not optimal, I decided it was better than nothing, and have got the battery replaced. To be clear, if the battery had failed 2 days earlier, they would have borne the full cost - I would not have had to go to the battery manufacturer.
Hayek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 15:52   #62
BHPian

Default Re: It's a VW Vento (Petrol Highline AT)

The Vento looks beautiful in that blue shade. I myself drive a 2010-11 Black Vento but whenever me or my dad see a blue one we regret not going for the color.

On a side note our cars only run 13K in 3 years but there is a lot of sound from the engine (Manual, Diesel), specially during startup. Going to get it serviced in a few days so hopefully that can be solved.
kartavya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 17:37   #63
BHPian

Posting on this thread after more than a year. Completed one more year with the Vento. The past year was relatively uneventful except that the battery (which was replaced during the last service) conked out once again. Given that VW had given me a further 2 year warranty, they replaced the battery without much ado. But I really wonder if VW asks for the rejects from battery manufacturers QC process to be given to it - have never seen such failure rates in batteries used by other OEMs or in after market purchases.

The car is largely driven by my wife's driver, and has now crossed the 26000 km mark. Got an interior cleaning done as part of the last service about a month ago. Damages for the service, AC disinfection and interior cleaning came to about RS. 15000. Invoice attached

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1454241929.168016.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  351.6 KB
Hayek is offline   Reply With Quote