Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th July 2013, 12:15   #16
Default Re: The second Ford Fiesta DCT Ownership Review

Originally Posted by dsvikki View Post
Alexanish....have so far done about 6500 km. On the highway i get between 16-17 kmpl ...this is on the Chennai-Bangalore highway when i use Cruise Control a lot at speeds between 80-100. In the City, on my daily commute I have been averaging between 9.5-10 kmpl. It depends a lot on how i drive....less use of brakes and a lightfoot really make a difference.....also the manual recommends use of "L" mode in bumper to bumper traffic ....have been doing this off late and i think it has a marginal positive impact on mileage....need to check it out a little more.

On the car per-se, no issues...no rattles....awesome and simple to drive. So far have also had good experiences with the Service centre...first service was zero cost.....i then had to get a small dent and scratch on the running board fixed and it just cost 2200 Rs. Am a happy camper. Do check out the Ecosport AT as well....i think its a little more loaded than the Fiesta at a similar price point.
Nice to hear about the cost of fixing the scratch. It's absolutely reasonable. I believe "L" mode will bring the mileage a bit down, say 1 km or so. That's how I felt from the engine note while using "L" mode during test drive. It always stays at higher RPM, means more fuel consumption. But highway mileage is too good. I wonder if it will come down drastically if we go a little above 110Km/hr.

I am relieved to hear that you don't have rattles and squeaks. That's one area I am not ready to sacrifice. Even in my 1.1 Lakh KM done WagonR I don't live with "extra sounds" for a prolonged time. As soon as possible I will get it fixed. But you know, how bad Maruti in that department. The sounds keeps coming back
alexanish is offline   Reply With Quote