Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th September 2015, 19:25   #76
BHPian

Update: 2.5 years & 35000km on odo. Kumki is soldiering on like a battle tank.Has successfully completed Delhi :Kolkata before and now Kolkata :chennai with half of my household loaded on in flatbed mode.Behaving itself with just the recommended service centre trips. Paint quality holding on well! Recent, Small niggle with wiring that keeps blowing the fuse on my charging points. My MMI gps charger may be the culprit.will get it checked. Even after 32 months, still makes me grin with all my 32 each morning.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 15:53   #77
BHPian

Default Re: TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report

The Chennai Floods had hit the city hard and swift. With unimaginable levels of water flooding the entire city, all of us lost much. Property, household, appliances and almost everyone lost/ damaged their cars.
We were expecting our baby who was due the same week and couldn't wait it out in the flooded streets of notorious Velachery. Kumki stood up to its dependable history with me and was a life saver during the initial spell of floods when the roads were still drivable. Kumki gave me the confidence to attempt and evacuate my family from the flooded streets to high ground.

A day later when the streets flooded to about 6 feet, the boats came in and we were able to row out my wife to the safety of a hospital. Two days later, we were blessed with a baby boy !!

I returned home to see that Kumki had been standing in water of about 3 feet above the ramped parking lot where I had left it. Fearing the worst, I carefully inspected the engine bay and was fine. Water had reached the seat height inside the cabin and the door mounted speakers and carpets were soaked. I let it dry out for a day and after getting a mechanic reassure me, I started the engine. Kumki jumped back to life and spurted out water from the exhausts.

The speakers worked fine and the carpet and upholstery needed some cleaning and drying. But overall, Kumki had survived the floods.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (19) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2015, 17:38   #78
BHPian

Default Re: TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report

The flood alarms (drowning alarms) worked well and starting blaring and unlocked all the doors automatically once the water level rose around the vehicle.

Storme proved its ruggedness while wading through the waters and soaking for 2 days. My underbody held up against all the punishment and didn't give way. Nothing came off or fell loose. For once, I was thankful that it didn't have many electronic bells and whistles that could go kaput.

Above all else I felt a sense of safety as long as my Storme stood there. If the roads were drivable, i knew the Storme would pull me through.

Caution: Please do not try water wading unless its absolutely necessary.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 11:52   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The flood alarms (drowning alarms) worked well and starting blaring and unlocked all the doors automatically once the water level rose around the vehicle.

Above all else I felt a sense of safety as long as my Storme stood there.
Hi good to know that your vehicle proved it's SUV credentials when it mattered the most. Where are the flood/drowning sensors located? Are these available in all genre of vehicles in India?

Last edited by damodar : 24th December 2015 at 12:00.
damodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 19:18   #80
BHPian

I think the 'flood sensors' are fitted in most of the vehicles. This is one sensor we obviously don't get to see or test often. But during the floods I did notice quite a few vehicles in the neighbourhood giving out alarms as the water level rose. Im not aware of where they are located though.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2016, 16:09   #81
BHPian

Smile Re: TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report

Update:.
Kumki turned a full 3 years, this week.
Just stood, stared and took account of its health.
45000 km service done. Got all internals checked and underbody coat touched up.No niggles..Only regular service.Renewed the AMC for covering this service and the next.(costed approx 13.5k but Ive always kept my storme under Tata AMC and has always been worth it)

My Storme continues to impress me and my family on multiple accounts. Nothing is coming loose and no rattles or squeaks.It has proved itself to be a no nonsense, honest and reliable vehicle. Besides my constant efforts in maintaining the Storme, I must admit paint quality has held up well even after 3 years over 3 different cities, 3 different climatic conditions.DL,KOL,CHN.

I have to acknowledge the improvement in TASS behaviour, since and over my period of ownership. I have serviced it in authorised TASS in 3 cities: Concorde NCR, VTR WB,VST CHN and have found the SA, followup, and overall experience well above satisfactory.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 22:35   #82
BHPian

The Kumki accompanied a colleague on a test drive of the Isuzu V Cross 4x4

We are planning to take the V cross Offroad over the weekend.I will do a comparo after that.Watch this space!
TATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474477461.664632.jpgTATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474477498.490173.jpgTATA Safari Storme EX Urban Bronze-Buying Experience Initial Ownership Report-imageuploadedbyteambhp1474477266.773029.jpg
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote