Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th February 2013, 23:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Memoirs of my new Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi

Well thought out and interestingly written review. Thanks.

If only Ford had designed better rear seats, the vehicle would have sold a lot better
mallumowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 01:25   #17

Default Second 10K Service update

An update: 24 July 2013 - Second free service
9462 km clocked

Once again it was a no-brainer to take her to Wasans. Booked an appointment over the phone a couple of days in advance.

Consulted google maps to get to their service station - the shortest path wasn't the most motorable - with incessant Mumbai rains. After wading through a submerged region, the car bottomed on something & the under-engine cover was hanging by a bolt.. Drat! Since I couldn't figure out a way to remove it - drove on since the service station was 5 mins away. Reached there + asked them to be careful. While their person was parking, the cover came under the wheel and it was clean off.. I was annoyed.

Spoke to the service advisor,
  • First thing now was the under engine cover.. A replacement was quoted at 8.5K ! So long affordable parts claims. The advisor however assured me that he'll do his best to get it fitted back - I was wary of some duct tape methods which would come off within the week/month. I was also miffed that at max 3 bottoming incidents and it comes off ? Ford ??
  • Next I showed him a couple of bruises, she had picked up over the year. One was a lower lip bruise, the front bumper was torn for about 1-2 inches by a sawed signpost, while I was trying to give way to a truck coming up in the wrong lane. Advisor said the other paint scrapes were deep and nothing could be done about it save replacement... bummer!
  • Next the Ford logos and rear chrome plate had some crusty deposits on them..(see pics below) he took pictures of them and said chrome plate would be replaced under warranty. But no Ford logos. While he was at it, he also found the same issue on the Fiesta logo, which was also accommodated. However they didn't have the parts at hand, so it would take a few days to procure them. Was promised a call as soon as they arrived.
  • He detailed out an itemized estimate of the routine charges
Grand total : 2066

Dropped my car off around 11 and was promised it back around 4/5 pm. Before leaving, I called the service manager and stressed that the engine cover needs to be reattached securely; I didn't want another 30 km trip because it came off.

Delivery was timely. The under engine cover was securely attached.. I still cant figure out what they did.. they did charge me for 2 bolt-type thingies but it was secure. They lifted up the car for me to go check a second time.

I checked out everything.. just to be sure. They also handed me a Ford Vehicle Report card - which is basically a checklist - reassuring.

Finally billing - with the additional bolts
Grand total: 2140 (incl tax) The engine oil being the main component at 1300K

I was pretty okay with the damage - yearly 2-3K was within my expectations. Filled their little feedback form - overall experience above average.

Got a couple of confirmation calls over the next couple of days over the QoS. The advisor (Raju) also called up as promised that the parts had arrived.. Dropped by again in a week.. They replaced the crusty parts quickly. He also found the same issue with the fog lamp covers on the front and replaced one of them free of cost - the other one again - paucity of parts. I wasn't making another trip for just that.

Before:
Name:  CrustBefore.png
Views: 731
Size:  650.4 KBName:  CrustBefore2.png
Views: 730
Size:  400.9 KB
After:
Memoirs of my new Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi-afterreplacement.png

2 months later:
Currently the odo stands at 11K - fuel efficiency is an average of 15.2 partially due to my now-spirited driving style.

Haven't noticed much changes post the service,
  • the car still handles like a charm + fun to drive + still in love ;
  • though I suspect the cooling and the noise insulation have reduced slightly.
gishu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:20   #18
BHPian

Default Re: Second 10K Service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by gishu View Post
An update: 24 July 2013 - Second free service
9462 km clocked

I was pretty okay with the damage - yearly 2-3K was within my expectations. Filled their little feedback form - overall experience above average.

though I suspect the cooling and the noise insulation have reduced slightly.
Good to know that Wasan is upto your expectations. All ford cars in my family are also serviced by them, even though there are 3 other service stations nearer my home. They do goof up every once in a while, but their approach is overall professional. I also have had no issues in claiming warranty replacements till date.

- Your normal service bills will now hover around 5-6k once you avail their paid services though (I have a fiesta A/T and visit their service center very often, so I know)
- Some of the parts are expensive than the competition, but overall still competitive. E.g. the tyre used to cost 8.5k per piece, the auto-folding electric mirror assy. costs ~ 8.5k as well. Door costs ~7k w/o painting.
- You are actually now used to the sound insulation, hence you find the car noisier. Just sit in any other car for a week and jump back and you will realize that it is still the best in the segment.
- The A/C cooling if you find it low, just increase the fan speed w/o decreasing the temperature.

All in all an excellent car.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:42   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gishu View Post
2 months later:
Currently the odo stands at 11K - fuel efficiency is an average of 15.2 partially due to my now-spirited driving style.
Is'nt 15 low for a Fiesta, even for a spirited driving esp the TDCI engine?
But still its brilliant machine and the blue one of the best head turning colours. You must be smiling all the way on the highways end to end!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
- You are actually now used to the sound insulation, hence you find the car noisier. Just sit in any other car for a week and jump back and you will realize that it is still the best in the segment.
- The A/C cooling if you find it low, just increase the fan speed w/o decreasing the temperature.

All in all an excellent car.

Thanks,
Simple_car
No two ways about that... One year down I don't regret my decision to go for the Fiesta style.. I've driven the Vento and Rapid (post-facto.. within the city.. short drives) but nothing compares to the feel of this one. The only other car that had me drooling was the Eco-sport.. and its price point
But one look at it at close quarters changed that as well.. I like the butch looks but lots of details have been lost in translation. It should have had more space and goodies inside.

I meant to say that I can hear the engine now inside the cabin.. not loud enough to be irritating but audible now. still would beat most other cars in its bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Is'nt 15 low for a Fiesta, even for a spirited driving esp the TDCI engine?
But still its brilliant machine and the blue one of the best head turning colours. You must be smiling all the way on the highways end to end!
Smile every minute I'm driving.

I just quoted the fuelio average.. recent monsoon traffic related outliers seems to have skewed it. Here's a better picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Memoirs of my new Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi-fuel-eff-after-1-year.png  

gishu is offline   Reply With Quote