Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2013, 03:21   #31
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post

Usually consumer offers differs from time to time. Every dealer will provide the same. Guess you are getting about 50K offer in Maruti now for exchange. Better negotiate before making or confirming your booking. its purely luck if you are getting good discounts and freebies. Infact I didnt get much freebies, since they delayed I got the discount on accessories as my accessories bill was close to 52K.
Exactly my point. Discounts available are purely by luck and time. Was very happy with the discount I got during my purchase.

My Ritz VDi is a December 2010 model as per the VIN. At that time I was in the market for a Swift but due to the 7 month waiting period I had to go for a Ritz. The discount on Ritz at that time was 45K. Exchanged the WagonR so got 15K bonus then came loyalty bonus of 10K then came corporate discount of 10K. Accessories given free was remote locking, 2 sets of floor mats and Sony Xplod HU (USB readability) with front speakers free.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2013, 23:48   #32
BHPian
 
BusyBoyKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
I would like to share my initial Ownership experience on Owning my New Ritx ZXI.
Hey Sunshines,
Booked a Ritz ZXi Baker's Choclate today. Your thread helped me in making my mind. Thanks for putting up your experience.

Quick question - does your JVC HU work with the std. steering audio controls without any issues? Does it have Bluetooth phone connectivity? I am contemplating a change of the std. HU. Sales person says they do not take that back, why change, warranty, blah blah blah.

How is the car doing otherwise?

Kanth
BusyBoyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2013, 00:01   #33
BHPian
 
Sunsh!nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 95 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Hey Sunshines,
Booked a Ritz ZXi Baker's Choclate today. Your thread helped me in making my mind. Thanks for putting up your experience.

Quick question - does your JVC HU work with the std. steering audio controls without any issues? Does it have Bluetooth phone connectivity? I am contemplating a change of the std. HU. Sales person says they do not take that back, why change, warranty, blah blah blah.

How is the car doing otherwise?

Kanth
The Color is really good. I am glad my thread helped you in making a decision. Read other reviews as well, it will assure you of your choice and decision being right.

Dont listen to the sales person about the Stock HU, if you are a music lover or a audiophiile you will not enjoy it. You are bound to change it and people do.

I got a interface fixed for the steering control to work, its working absolutely fine. Going for any HU is your decision. I wanted to be safe so bought the HU from them to avoid any warranty issues that time. There are many who get it from outside dealers, no harm in it. I would suggest do a little research before you buy and from whom you buy check couple of dealers. Anything you choose is your choice. You are getting newer models of JVC now in the market. AV50 has become old and a little cheaper. I realised it a little late.

AV50 doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth but its bluetooth ready(needs additional equipment), you have to fix a external dongle/supplementary device etc., New JVCs are coming with bluetooth. But consider the real utility just dont invest because everyone is going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Hey Sunshines,

How is the car doing otherwise?

Kanth
Car is doing really good, getting a very decent KMPL, 13 - 13.5 in city, long drives 17.5 so far, it has run 8K now. All other things are good.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 9th August 2013 at 04:20. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2013, 21:24   #34
BHPian
 
BusyBoyKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
The Color is really good. I am glad my thread helped you in making a decision.
Thanks Sunshines. I am not an audiophile, so would stick with the std. HU. I am thinking of going for an external bluetooth (like the one we get from JBL or Jabra), just hook them onto charger, aux-in and it should work. Did you come across these?

Kanth
BusyBoyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 12:20   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 414
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Picked up our Breeze Blue Zxi from Pratham Motors, Queens road, Bangalore yesterday. And drove it back safely in the heavy rain. Buying experience was amazing. Their sales rep named Prabhu Kumar is a gem of a person. Will put up a short ownership review in days to come.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 10:35   #36
BHPian
 
arsudarsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 91
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Thanks Sunshines. I am not an audiophile, so would stick with the std. HU. I am thinking of going for an external bluetooth (like the one we get from JBL or Jabra), just hook them onto charger, aux-in and it should work. Did you come across these?

Kanth
I got my ZXI delivered on 2nd Aug and I was offered a bluetooth kit from the dealer. Your dealer should have them too. Do check out. I did not opt for it though.

Last edited by arsudarsan : 16th August 2013 at 10:36. Reason: Forgot to add stuff
arsudarsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 12:42   #37
BHPian
 
BusyBoyKK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 147
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsudarsan View Post
I got my ZXI delivered on 2nd Aug and I was offered a bluetooth kit from the dealer. Your dealer should have them too. Do check out. I did not opt for it though.
Hey congrats, per dealer the car will be delivered by end of this month. I will check. Could you please post pictures of the unit? Thanks.
BusyBoyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2013, 11:23   #38
BHPian
 
arsudarsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 91
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Hey congrats, per dealer the car will be delivered by end of this month. I will check. Could you please post pictures of the unit? Thanks.
Thank you and best wishes for your car. As I said, I did not opt for it. I did see the unit at accessories display and it was like a small battery radio. First service is coming up soon, may be I can take a pic and post it then.
arsudarsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 22:50   #39
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 603
Thanked: 541 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Does Ritz Zxi have an OE Alarm system or is it required to be fitted separately ?
The manual I downloaded from the maruti website says 'if equipped'.

If separate then what is the cost of the same ?
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 22:55   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Does Ritz Zxi have an OE Alarm system or is it required to be fitted separately ?
The manual I downloaded from the maruti website says 'if equipped'.

If separate then what is the cost of the same ?
Do you mean the Autocop / Nippon remote locking system?

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2014, 23:06   #41
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 603
Thanked: 541 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Do you mean the Autocop / Nippon remote locking system?

Anurag.
No Anurag. I am talking about an inbuilt security system. There is an alarm switch next to the headlight leveler and fog lamps switch. Does that work or does it require extra fittings ? The manual also talks about shock sensors, etc.

Zxi have key less entry buttons in the key so remote locking is anyways there
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 00:34   #42
BHPian
 
Sunsh!nes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 141
Thanked: 95 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Does Ritz Zxi have an OE Alarm system or is it required to be fitted separately ?
The manual I downloaded from the maruti website says 'if equipped'.

If separate then what is the cost of the same ?
ZXI by default comes with a factory OEM security alarm system integrated in the key. The shock sensors are nothing but the sensitivity of the alarm. At the highest level it will buzz even when someone applies slight pressure or when a vehicle passes by with louder sound or during Diwali due to any cracker explosion noise. In short when the db levels are high. The factory OEM is good enough and is by default connected to engine immobilizer as in all Maruti vehicles. Hope this helps your query.
Sunsh!nes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2014, 12:41   #43
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 603
Thanked: 541 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
ZXI by default comes with a factory OEM security alarm system integrated in the key. The shock sensors are nothing but the sensitivity of the alarm. At the highest level it will buzz even when someone applies slight pressure or when a vehicle passes by with louder sound or during Diwali due to any cracker explosion noise. In short when the db levels are high. The factory OEM is good enough and is by default connected to engine immobilizer as in all Maruti vehicles. Hope this helps your query.
Great thanks a lot. this is what I wanted to know. I just booked a Zxi so was wondering if I need to get that fitted separately.
Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 15:28   #44
BHPian
 
Altocumulus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: BLR / KOL
Posts: 603
Thanked: 541 Times
Default Re: Maruti Ritz ZXi Review and Ownership

Got delivery of my Ritz on Friday and am already on 312 kms.

I had a question. During cold starts in the morning there is a slight humming noise from the engine till the time the rpm is high and then totally goes away along with the rpm settling down at 700 - 800 rpm. Is this noise okay or do I need to worry about something ??
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ritz ZXi  Review and Ownership-p_20141102_152619.jpg  

Altocumulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2014, 16:55   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 9,358
Thanked: 13,315 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Got delivery of my Ritz on Friday and am already on 312 kms.

I had a question. During cold starts in the morning there is a slight humming noise from the engine till the time the rpm is high and then totally goes away along with the rpm settling down at 700 - 800 rpm. Is this noise okay or do I need to worry about something ??
No issues there. Nothing to worry and let the engine run-in.

Do start the car always with the clutch pedal pressed irrespective of the car being in-gear or neutral.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Initial ownership Report - Ritz zxi anu_romil Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 88 13th May 2013 14:42
Defective Maruti Ritz ZXI with repeated Power Steering failures shashank.nk Technical Stuff 46 10th October 2011 15:56
Took Delivery of New Maruti Ritz Zxi shreeps Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 51 5th July 2011 20:29
Ritz ZXI, ownership review, 8000 kms till now. drameya Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 27th September 2010 15:28
My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi. Gandhi Hatchbacks 93 24th November 2009 15:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:56.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks