Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th May 2013, 06:44   #31
BHPian

Default re: Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update

Hi Swami,
Congrats on your black beauty. Brother, I have seen all door power windows on the posted images. I owned a Vista Top end earlier and now shifting/downgrading to Figo TDCi Zxi. Expected delivery is within 2 weeks.

Living without rear P/windows is hard for me, as I always found people keep the rear windows of my Maruti 800 open even I was running with AC on. In Vista I solved that by locking all the windows from driver side. But in Figo control again goes to people.

I would like to do the power windows for rear and also want to lock it from the driver side. May I know what model you installed and the manufacturer?
Anz1979 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2013, 16:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
The 4 power windows cost 11000 incl of fitting charges. The power windows are from SAI(Surabhi Automotive International).
, they may not gel with the interiors, but this is better than the pain of having the manual rollers at the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
Hi Swami,
Congrats on your black beauty. Brother, I have seen all door power windows on the posted images. I owned a Vista Top end earlier and now shifting/downgrading to Figo TDCi Zxi. Expected delivery is within 2 weeks.

Living without rear P/windows is hard for me, as I always found people keep the rear windows of my Maruti 800 open even I was running with AC on. In Vista I solved that by locking all the windows from driver side. But in Figo control again goes to people.

I would like to do the power windows for rear and also want to lock it from the driver side. May I know what model you installed and the manufacturer?
Thanks Anz1979. I'm quoting one of my prev posts for reference.
But since you are going for the ZXi variant, which comes with default front power windows, I am not sure of fitting the after market power windows.

The after market ones comes as a set. It comes either for the front two, or the complete 4. So I think you will have to make the OE power window switches dummy and fix the complete set of 4 to have the option of controlling and locking all the windows from driver side.

The advantage with this set is that, it is linked to the central locking that I have fixed, and if in case you forget to close one or more of the windows, pressing the lock on the remote key will automatically roll up all the open windows. This option is only available for the complete set of 4. That is one of the primary reasons I went for the Lxi(Over the EXi), so that I can fit both the central locking as well as the power windows as after market accessories.
swami.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2013, 18:03   #33
BHPian

I asked to Ford people about rear P/windows. They are not promoting it, but it is possible,but at owner's risk.

Primary problem is the warranty, which will be void for all the electrical if we alter rear P/W, probably extended up to ECU too. The service wing have the right to decline the warranty claim if any alteration goes to electrical....
Anz1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 15:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anz1979 View Post
I asked to Ford people about rear P/windows. They are not promoting it, but it is possible,but at owner's risk.

Primary problem is the warranty, which will be void for all the electrical if we alter rear P/W, probably extended up to ECU too. The service wing have the right to decline the warranty claim if any alteration goes to electrical....
You are right. Ford will void the warranty even if we add a reading light at the rear. But if you read one of my previous posts on why I still took the risk you'll get it. Not all persons who fit accessories fit the central locking for the Figo, due to its complicated nature. These are usually not employees, but free lancers. They go and work whenever they are called for, be it the Ford showroom or the accessories shops. So the fitting of accessories in my vehicle was done by one such person who does the fitting for Ford. To fit the central locking on a Swift is free with the purchase of the locking, but for the Figo it is 2000 for fitting alone.
Old 28th May 2013, 19:12   #35
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Swami. I do have the black color and find difficult in maintaining.

-How is the head light power in your car.
-Why did you choose to fit speakers on the parcel tray while there is a good provision in the front and rear doors.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2013, 04:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Wonderful Swami. I do have the black color and find difficult in maintaining.

-How is the head light power in your car.
-Why did you choose to fit speakers on the parcel tray while there is a good provision in the front and rear doors.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Thanks RGK. Yes the black is a bit difficult to maintain. I have got the Jopasu duster which does a brilliant job of dusting. Takes just 2mins to dust the entire car.

To answer your questions,
1. I was told at the time of buying that the new headlight design makes it brighter than the previous model. Since I haven't driven the previous gen Figo, I don't know how better it is, but I find the headlights to be sufficient so far (I have done two night trips to trichy)
2. I was told by a friend few years ago that the speakers in a wooden rear parcel tray or in a wooden box, gives better effect than when fitted in the doors. So went for it.
Old 17th June 2013, 18:54   #37
BHPian

What better way to bring up my century of posts than to post a few updates to my Figo.

With my BIL already having purchased the Race Chip in Europe, and is scheduled to come here in July mid, I thought a proper tyre upgrade was the need of the hour for my Figo.

Reason:
1. The Goodyears that came factory fitted were just about adequate now for the 68HP figo, but was quite a bit noisy beyond the 80kmph.

2. These will surely not be sufficient for the Figo, soon to become a 90Hp scorcher.

3. Also the thought of up-sizing to 15" to get a marginal rise in the GC has been hovering at the back of my mind for a while now. Scraping the mountain like speed breakers(exaggerating a bit), which have come up recently in my office has become a daily routine off late.

Options:
1. Stick with the size and existing rims and just get a good brand of tyres.

2. Stick with the size and get a good set of alloys and tyres.

3. Get a good set of 15" alloys and Tyres.

The first option would be the most economical and the second option would be what most people do. But I thought the 3rd option would give the Figo meaner looks and also do justice to the soon to be injected power.

Read about the possible up-sizes for the Figo in Team-BHP and finally decided to go with the 195/55 R15 trye size. I had decided to either go with the Yokos or the Contis. The Continental tyres were recommended by the tyre guy as well as a few of my friends. On enquiring the prices, the difference was just about 1500 for 5 wheels, so went ahead with the Contis.

Having driven for around 1000kms with the new tyres, the following are my observations.

1. The road noise has reduced considerably

2. Now the Figo's already wonderful handling has improved a notch and with rains here the last week, the handling in wet weather has also inspired a lot of confidence.

3. The new wheels have added a lot more muscle and the Figo is no more a ordinary looker.

4. And most importantly the GC has improved by around half an inch. Approximately 11-13cms. Now I do not scrape some of the speed breakers which i usually had scraped previously

The new wheels with the old ones. No major size difference.
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130604_182257.jpg

This is how much the new one is bigger/ taller.
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130604_182352.jpg

The wider tyres lend more muscle and make it meaner.
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130607_232700.jpg

This is how it fits in the wheel wells.
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130607_232738.jpg

And this is how the Figo looks now, isn't that a mean machine?
Yes, Black Ford Figo TDCi it is (Race Chipped)! EDIT: 40k km update-20130605_103726.jpg

Last edited by swami.n : 17th June 2013 at 18:55.
swami.n is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 07:41   #38
BHPian

I think you did a right upsize of tyres, the wheels now looks macho and the car looks hot.

Notice if there is any reduction in mileage. Also please post the performance when you fix the Racechip.
HighOctane is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 12:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
I think you did a right upsize of tyres, the wheels now looks macho and the car looks hot.

Notice if there is any reduction in mileage. Also please post the performance when you fix the Racechip.
Thanks Highoctane.

Before changing the wheels, I read a lot about the variations in performance & mileage. The dia of the new wheel is around 2.5 to 3% more than the original ones. What all the sites mentioned was, due to the bigger size, the no of rotations would be that much lesser in the new wheels and thus the speedo correction would also be 2.5 to 3%.

That is, the speedo would show 100kmph when it actually is doing 102-103kmph. This means, when the ODO runs 100Kms, it would have actually run 102-103kms. So even if the Tankful-Tankful method shows a 2-3% reduction, the mileage would still remain the same as before. All i expected was and willing to compromise was around 0.5 to 1kmpl for the better grip this size is going to offer.

But having done close to 1000 Kms with the new set of wheels, and having calculated Tankful-Tankful once, I see an increase of around 25 to 30 kms over a 42 litre distance, driven 95% in city traffic. Which means the mileage has improved by around 0.5 to 0.75kmpl. So if I consider the speedo correction, the actual mileage has increased to roughly around 1kmpl, which I'm quite surprised.

And by the way, to test the handling & braking efficiency of the new wheels, I have been changing gears at higher speeds and also maintaining higher average speeds than before.

So I can safely assure that there is not going to be any major decrease in mileage with this up-size(probably no decrease at all). But there is a good improvement in the already fantastic handling. And mine being a non-ABS version, the braking is much more assured than the older set of tyres. This is just proof of me maintaining higher average speeds than before :-)
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 19:18   #40

Hi Swami. Congrats and those wheels look nice. Even I have a black Figo (Exi). I have already fitted it with race chip. The performance after fitting Race chip is fine. I have tried different settings and have found some difference. Need to still find the perfect setting for max power. Any way once you get your chip, do play with the settings and let us know if you find any perfect setting other than the one it comes with.
bikerboyz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 17:20   #41
BHPian

Nice Review Swami. Excellent choice of alloys and shoes. BTW, did you check out Yoko S Drives 195/55 R15? The groove pattern on S-Drives would have made your car look mean!

OT - I am from TN-10 (Ramapuram) too
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 22:58   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Nice Review Swami. Excellent choice of alloys and shoes. BTW, did you check out Yoko S Drives 195/55 R15? The groove pattern on S-Drives would have made your car look mean!

OT - I am from TN-10 (Ramapuram) too
Thanks prodigy.
One of my friend who has contis in one car & yokos in other(swift & dzire) told the contis are a lot better than the yokos but are costlier. So Contis were not part of my plan and I went to the shop to buy yoko s drives only. Upon reaching the shop, even the shop owner acknowledged the same. When I enquired the cost, it was only 1500 more than the yokos. So fixed the better option.

By the way, I stay very close to the TN 10 RTO in sai nagar.

Last edited by swami.n : 20th June 2013 at 22:59.
Old 24th June 2013, 17:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerboyz View Post
Hi Swami. Congrats and those wheels look nice. Even I have a black Figo (Exi). I have already fitted it with race chip. The performance after fitting Race chip is fine. I have tried different settings and have found some difference. Need to still find the perfect setting for max power. Any way once you get your chip, do play with the settings and let us know if you find any perfect setting other than the one it comes with.
Thanks bikerboyz. My BIL has sent me some snaps of the Race Chip parcel which he received last week and is expected to reach here by july 1st week. Do you have any photos of the Race Chip installed in your car.

Fellow chennai Team-BHP mates, can you please recommend any place to get the Rachip fitted.
Old 9th July 2013, 02:18   #44
BHPian

Its official. The Figo got race chip(ed) today.

Got the installation done at The Torque garage. Highly recommended place.

Initial impressions-good in factory setting. Improved driveability in 2nd and 3rd gears observed so far. (The only driving so far was the 7km drive back from Torque to home in heavy traffic. Couldn't go beyond 3rd gear).

Will post a detailed review after a short while and with some more kms.

Last edited by swami.n : 9th July 2013 at 02:29.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2013, 07:11   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Will post a detailed review after a short while and with some more kms.
Please observe if there is any improvement in the low end torque. Also can you please check if there is any improvement in the fuel efficiency.

Was racechip courired to UK ? Did it cost you some where around 10k ?
HighOctane is online now   Reply With Quote