Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2013, 15:31   #46
BHPian
 
Motored Mindset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 77
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Any update on your follow-up with BMW regarding your horrible sales experience at the dealer?

While the general consensus would be to take this up very seriously, I have a feeling that since you've already made your displeasure known in writing by emailing the Sales Head, that for your own peace of mind try to forget about how they tried to swindle you.

You won't be dealing with the dealership sales department regarding this car, and if the service department begins to act high-handed in dealing with your vehicle's service you could always refer to your written communication regarding the horrendous sales experience and then escalate the matter. Just my two bits in helping you shift focus on owning a wonderful car as opposed to a horrendous sales experience. In future though, if you decide to buy a BMW you'd have to be far more wary.
Motored Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 17:08   #47
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motored Mindset View Post
Any update on your follow-up with BMW regarding your horrible sales experience at the dealer?

While the general consensus would be to take this up very seriously, I have a feeling that since you've already made your displeasure known in writing by emailing the Sales Head, that for your own peace of mind try to forget about how they tried to swindle you.

You won't be dealing with the dealership sales department regarding this car, and if the service department begins to act high-handed in dealing with your vehicle's service you could always refer to your written communication regarding the horrendous sales experience and then escalate the matter. Just my two bits in helping you shift focus on owning a wonderful car as opposed to a horrendous sales experience. In future though, if you decide to buy a BMW you'd have to be far more wary.
Well I did get a reply from the sales head saying my complaint will be addressed.

You are partially right about never having to deal with sales again which is what i thought as well. turns out all communication from the dealership including any of my future queries about accesories, service costs, parts costs are all going to be handled by the sales guy assigned to me. As a result i had a very bad experience with the same sales guy when I sent my car for a paint protection coating last week. when i called the dealership to inquire about a paint protection coating. My sales guy called me back with a quote of Rs. 3000. To my shock the bill came in and it was Rs. 8449/- . This is when i decided to seriously pursue this and ensure everybody in the company should know how their sales staff are getting away by making false commitments.
BMW mailed me to give the service experience a rating and as a result of my poor rating on the paint protection experience, got a call from after sales and I explained to them about my entire experience. The after sales was obviously shocked and asked me to write to her, promising to take action. She has been polite and nice. I'm quite curious to see what action BMW takes. Just read a fellow bhpian androdev's review from bangalore. He had a very similar experience with his buy of the 520d. Lots of false commitments.

I'd like to add here that the service staff have always been extremely sensible and polite everytime I've spoken to them or asked them for assistance. I guess it's the sales staff which is the real pain.
I wish there was another dealer in Ludhiana like Delhi or mumbai. There's no slap in the face like losing a customer to competition.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2013, 10:04   #48
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Name:  image2708521137.jpg
Views: 5465
Size:  367.0 KB

Classic lighting inside the car. This is the light above the seat belt
Attached Images
  
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 12:58   #49
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
You are highly mistaken mate..Here in New Delhi i was straightaway offered 5 lacs discount on the E220(by T&T) and 4.5 on the 520d(Deutsch) and 3 lacs on the a6 premium 2.0Tdi.
a friend ended up buying an E350 while i got the A6.
so if you seriously negotiate then all 3 will offer around the same discount though
Hi fiorano

Happened to be in delhi last week so did a check up on the this information.

You're right that BMW is offering 4.5 lacs discount on 520d. Although I did a little bit of questioning. Turns out these are manufactured in JUNE 2012!!! And they're basically doing the same thing they tried with me. The 2012 price of 520d was approx 40.5 lacs. The 2013 prices have been hiked and now prices are approx 43 lacs.

So the dealership is offering the 2012 model car for 38 lacs and saying that its a 4.5 lacs discount on the current price of 43 lacs. This is funny and I hope you didn't fall into the same trap.

Wish you many many comfortable (love the air suspension) miles ahead in your beautifully comfortable A6
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 13:08   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Hi fiorano

Happened to be in delhi last week so did a check up on the this information.

You're right that BMW is offering 4.5 lacs discount on 520d. Although I did a little bit of questioning. Turns out these are manufactured in JUNE 2012!!! And they're basically doing the same thing they tried with me. The 2012 price of 520d was approx 40.5 lacs. The 2013 prices have been hiked and now prices are approx 43 lacs.

So the dealership is offering the 2012 model car for 38 lacs and saying that its a 4.5 lacs discount on the current price of 43 lacs. This is funny and I hope you didn't fall into the same trap.

Wish you many many comfortable (love the air suspension) miles ahead in your beautifully comfortable A6
As long as the dealerships inform you of the model year / price correctly, there should be no issues. If they try to palm off a 2012 model as 2013 either as model or pricing, then there are issues.

As I see it, if there are no major changes and I get an additional 5-10% discount for an older model, I may be happy.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 08:55   #51
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 68
Thanked: 29 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Please post more pictures. These pics dont do justice to the beast you behold.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2013, 17:07   #52
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

A few updates from my end


1. The Sales Rep. who took me for a ride has been fired by BMW.
2. I've driven the car 2500 km. and the car does not seize to amaze me. Last week though I hit a bump on the highway at about 120kmph. After this the car was shaking quite hard at High speeds. So I went in for a check up. Turns out the car's wheel balancing had been affected. They charged Rs. 3000 to rebalance the car which was fine. I'd expected that this would be covered under the warranty considering cars hit bumps all the time. Anyway. BMW were nice enough to resolve the problem instantly.
3. BMW offered me a car interior cleaning package free as an apology for my horrible experience. And have been calling me constantly to ensure I'm getting everything I want .

My assessment is that the car needs to be treated much more delicately than you would treat Japanese cars. I'm the kind of driver who likes to test the limits of the car everytime I'm on the highway. And while I've done that with my civic for years, the Beemer seems to be asking for a lot of attention and care.

Also for all those looking to buy a car , I don't think the timing could get better than now. BMW being the leader in india in terms of sales just by a small margin of approx. 120 cars over Audi. This stiff competition has resulted in Audi offering massive discounts on their cars because they obviously want to do anything under the sun to overtake bmw in the coming quarter. The BMW india head on the other hand announced last week that they're not going to compromise on pricing and brand value to stay at no. 1.

My take : BMW is also offering heavy discounts on their cars pan india. A friend bought a 3 series luxury line last week for 32 lacs ex showroom. This is 50k cheaper than the price I paid. Similarly BMW Chandigarh are selling a 2012 520d (original price approx 40.5 lacs) with a complete M body kit worth 6 lacs for the price of 43 lacs. That again sounds like an amazing deal !
BUT Audi's discounts on a Pan india level seem to be much higher and more aggressive.

Anyway. Whoever has been thinking of buying one! Nows your chance
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 10:36   #53
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 21
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Hey Bluebeem,

Any idea on the changes on the Sport Trim for 2013? As in does it now get Sunroof, larger screen for entertainment system, upgraded speakers (BMW speak!) and all? Had heard about BMW coming out with Sport Plus Trim, but didn't find any official brochure/documentation on their website?

Could you shed some light on it and if possible share brochure/documentation around the same?

Thanks,
anupamjain2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 11:25   #54
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjain2k View Post
Hey Bluebeem,

Any idea on the changes on the Sport Trim for 2013? As in does it now get Sunroof, larger screen for entertainment system, upgraded speakers (BMW speak!) and all? Had heard about BMW coming out with Sport Plus Trim, but didn't find any official brochure/documentation on their website?

Could you shed some light on it and if possible share brochure/documentation around the same?

Thanks,
Hi Anupam,

Yes the sports line 2013 gets the exact same goodies as the luxury line (all that I've mentioned at the start of my thread). It DOESN'T. Get a larger screen. It Doesn't get heads up display. And it doesn't get a 13gb Hardisk installed in the stereo system for sat nav and music. It does t have rear parking cameras. These features are exclusive to 328i. No other models (luxury or sports line) have these features.

That said it does leave room for a higher end sports line and luxury model.

Someone in this forum has mentioned the Sports Plus trim but I have cross checked. there's nothing like that with the showroom yet. I also have the updated 2013 brochure for 3 series which no longer has the luxury plus trim (it's been discontinued) and has an added 320i which has now been launched (cheapest 3 series available). No sports plus in that either.

Personally, a sports plus will cost the exact same as luxury plus i.e 38-39 lacs ex showroom. I think it's very steep for a 3 series. Not sure how many buyers will opt for that.
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 12:36   #55
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...sport-plus.pdf

This is the link to the brochure. But it seems to be a pre launch brochure. Looks like this model never made it to the Indian shores
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2013, 14:31   #56
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 842
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...sport-plus.pdf

This is the link to the brochure. But it seems to be a pre launch brochure. Looks like this model never made it to the Indian shores
I inquired about the 320D in March and they did offer me Sport Plus. It was some 60000 dearer than Sport Line. The catch was it was 2012 model.
The brochure on their site mentions about the Luxury Plus and it isn't shown anywhere else on the site. Even I am confused whether BMW are still offering Sport Plus and Luxury Plus. Anybody has any news on this? and pricing if available?

Last edited by white_vdi : 7th May 2013 at 14:53.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2013, 22:24   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 146
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Congrats on the purchase! While I agree that the donut looks like an excuse for a tyre, I would advise you to keep one handy in case you use the car for outstation drives. In one of the threads on runflat tyres you can read about the bad experiences i've had with my X5 and 5 series runflats, and several other people too have had such experiences.

On your experience with the dealer, I think BMW dealers are getting know for such things. You should send a mail to the company informing them of how the dealer tried to swindle you. I recently helped a friend pick up a red 320D sportline. Thankfully the experience was not so bad, although we did later discover that a rival dealer was giving an even bigger discount on a 2013 car.
Hi Manish,
I am looking at buying the sports line model and it would be great if u could help me on the discount that ur friend got on the 3 series.
M
Thx in advance
Sid
sidwadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 00:08   #58
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Hey! How's she performing ? Can you post a couple of pics of the side profile so I can get an idea of the updated side profile of the 2013 model...I test drove one but that was probably a 2012 sport line with no sunroof so guess that was a bit lower than this one. Also, does the auto start-stop feature only there in the eco pro mode or in all the modes? Not that I'd like it to be there in sports mode but just wanna know.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:28   #59
BHPian
 
Bluebeem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 360
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Hey! How's she performing ? Can you post a couple of pics of the side profile so I can get an idea of the updated side profile of the 2013 model...I test drove one but that was probably a 2012 sport line with no sunroof so guess that was a bit lower than this one. Also, does the auto start-stop feature only there in the eco pro mode or in all the modes? Not that I'd like it to be there in sports mode but just wanna know.
Hey buddy.

She's running absolutely superb . I've been contemplating the ECU kit from BMW but every time I'm on the open road, I just don't see the need for it.

The auto start stop works in all modes and of course it can be manually switched off anytime u want.

Here's some pics. Hope they help.
Attached Images
   
Bluebeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:42   #60
BHPian
 
AdiSinghV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BOM-CCU-DEL-PAT
Posts: 513
Thanked: 430 Times
Default Re: My 2013 BMW 320d Luxury Line - Review & Updates (over the 2012 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Hey buddy.

She's running absolutely superb . I've been contemplating the ECU kit from BMW but every time I'm on the open road, I just don't see the need for it.

The auto start stop works in all modes and of course it can be manually switched off anytime u want.

Here's some pics. Hope they help.
Thanks! I wished the start-stop was an eco-pro mode exclusive... The pics look great and the GC looks nice as well. I saw a review on youtube of the 2013 F30 and the GC looked horribly high which made me certain that the first thing I gotta do is get a set of KVs/H&R/BC racing (whichever is cheapest) coilovers within the first week of getting the car... But umm...now I guess I can leave it for a bit later stage.

Name:  Screen Shot 20130902 at 11.39.13 AM.png
Views: 3007
Size:  262.3 KB
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW 325i,320d or 523i??? EDIT Bought 320D Highline morphin1 Luxury, Imports & Niche 67 13th April 2015 13:57
My BMW 320D Luxury Line pratiksinhal Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 11th June 2014 15:43
BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates, S350L-E240 The Indian Car Scene 74 27th November 2012 11:50


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks