Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2013, 18:06   #16
BHPian

re: Lady in Red - Hyundai Elantra 1.8 SX (Petrol). 50,000 kms up!

Congrats on your new acquisition. Its a stunner. The new fluidic designs add a lot of character to the Elantra. Its miles ahead of its previous generations. Enjoy many miles of happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
All windows are made of “Solar Glass” which is supposed to filter out some percentage of UV rays. I have not noticed much difference when parked in hot sun. The vehicle still gets heated up on the inside but maybe a tad lower then my previous car. I am guessing it is doing its job One thing is sure with this, I won’t have the police catch me for sun films anymore.
Infra Red (IR) rays are the ones responsible for heating up the cabin and not UV rays. So with UV protection, your cabin would still get heated up but most of the cancer causing UV rays get filtered out.

Quote:
The door controls .. The window controls and door lock/unlock is not illuminated. Weird!!!
Are you sure. Because these switches are illuminted even in the i20.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 18:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Congrats on your new acquisition. Its a stunner. The new fluidic designs add a lot of character to the Elantra. Its miles ahead of its previous generations. Enjoy many miles of happy motoring.

Infra Red (IR) rays are the ones responsible for heating up the cabin and not UV rays. So with UV protection, your cabin would still get heated up but most of the cancer causing UV rays get filtered out.

-- Ohh. That makes sense.

Are you sure. Because these switches are illuminted even in the i20.
Only the buttons which locks the window slide down/up operation for passengers (see the one with that glass icon in the picture) and the door lock/unlock are not illuminated. The other four buttons are illuminated.
Old 19th March 2013, 00:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!!!

The showroom guys mentioned that it could easily give around 12 kmpl in city driving and around 14 - 16 kmpl in highway.
Congrats Sukhoi, for being a true petrol head.

But 12 and 16kmpl in city and highway respectively is what I get in my Swift Dzire . A 1.8L engine and 1.3L engine (G13B) gives same mileage then its time I should change my petrol car.
revv_maniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 12:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Congrats Sukhoi, for being a true petrol head.

But 12 and 16kmpl in city and highway respectively is what I get in my Swift Dzire . A 1.8L engine and 1.3L engine (G13B) gives same mileage then its time I should change my petrol car.
Thanks Revv!!! Well, thats what the sales guy said .. will have to calculate this myself to make sure. Too bad there is no mileage indicator in the dash.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Sukhoi for the stunning fluidic Elantra.
Wish you many happy mile munching with the car.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

You'll have a tough time maintaining the colour, though I must say the red looks stunning.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 17:25   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

That is one gorgeous looker! The maharaja red really looks royal.

I always think the Elantra got a raw deal positioned as it is above the hot-selling Verna. Wish you many happy miles in your beauty!
Old 19th March 2013, 22:58   #22
BHPian

Congratulations sukhoi30 for the red beauty. I think red and blue are the best colors for this car. May you and your family enjoy (safely) a million miles in this car.

By the way, did you ever considered Renault Fluence (Petrol)? It is well built, has an impressive equipment list, and has an auto box to help in city traffic.
PranavDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 11:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
Congratulations sukhoi30 for the red beauty. I think red and blue are the best colors for this car. May you and your family enjoy (safely) a million miles in this car.

By the way, did you ever considered Renault Fluence (Petrol)? It is well built, has an impressive equipment list, and has an auto box to help in city traffic.
Thanks!! Renault Fluence Petrol comes only in Auto and I was keen on Manual. Moreover, its a 2.0 L engine and mileage may not be that good.
But, yeah I should have TD it. Anyway, didn't look at anything else beyond Elantra
Old 20th March 2013, 13:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sukhoi30 for the stunning lady in red! I am yet to see one in flesh on Pune roads though.
Could you post some pics of the front seats - am keen to know more about the cooling fan bit..
Old 31st July 2013, 17:30   #25
BHPian

Sukhoi: The Lady in Red (or a dark shade of Pink ) looks absolutely smashing. Had a question. My buddy is looking at the same color, but the dealer dissuaded him saying that red will fade. What are your thoughts? Worth it?

Also, any niggles/issues that have cropped up that he should be wary of?
Old 31st July 2013, 22:23   #26
BHPian

Congrats for the Elantra, this is the first petrol one on the forum, I guess. Looks really cool in red. Glad to hear that the ride is not as choppy as the one offered by its sister, Verna.
Wishing you loads of happy miles.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 14:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Sukhoi: The Lady in Red (or a dark shade of Pink ) looks absolutely smashing. Had a question. My buddy is looking at the same color, but the dealer dissuaded him saying that red will fade. What are your thoughts? Worth it?

Also, any niggles/issues that have cropped up that he should be wary of?
Hello djpeesh,

Apologies as I didn't see your post earlier. Well, I don;t know what the dealer meant by red will fade. These days most high end cars come with all weather durable paints which should last long. I am driving my Elantra for close to six months now. I am subjecting her to the rigors of extreme weather of Mumbai everyday. It has been through very hot sun and heavy rains all these months. I haven't noticed any change in the color as yet. I can't say what will be the condition after 3 to 4 yrs.
I have applied two coats of "Formula" canoby wax before the rains started. I should say it has held up for a few weeks. Will need to do once more after the rains go away.

I would suggest your friend to go for either red or white. Other colours did not appeal to me. Then it is upto your friend based on his choice.

Good Luck!!
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 14:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Congrats Sukhoi30 for the stunning lady in red! I am yet to see one in flesh on Pune roads though.
Could you post some pics of the front seats - am keen to know more about the cooling fan bit..
HI Josh,

Sorry that I was not able to post more pictures. I will try to get some shots of the cooling fans if possible in the next few weeks.

Thanks!!
Old 15th August 2013, 19:22   #29
BHPian

Hi Sukhoi,

If possible please post an updated detailed writeup of your ownership experience which could help other potential buyers close in on the decision especially things like the suspension, power, driveability, cornering capabilities and any niggling issues with the gadetry etc.

Thanks.
Old 21st August 2013, 09:58   #30
BHPian

Many congratulations on the car mate. I am sure you are going to enjoy the ride for years to come. Hyundai today packs best of the features for a stellar price. No other manufacturer has been able to do what Hyundai has done. In-fact, I would say, it is the only manufacturer which has understood the Indian markets well after Maruti.

Just a question, doesn't SX version, which I think is one version down of the top end variant come with Bi-Xenon? I remember seeing advertisements of the car with Bi-Xenon headlamps. So I was quite surprised when I saw snaps of your car without one.

Most Viewed