Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th April 2013, 16:32   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home

Congratulations on your car and wish you many many Happy Miles to go along with it.
I too was considering the Rapid till the end of last month, before I went ahead and booked a Nissan SUNNY XVD.
One thing that I was sure to look for while buying a car was the provision of ABS and DUAL Air Bags in it.
The top end Rapid costs around 12 lacs on the road in Bangalore. That is the only variant that comes with dual air-bags. The variant lower than that has only the Driver Air Bag in it, which turned out to be a major deal breaker for me. After checking out the SUNNY, I decided not to spend an additional lac for the Passenger Air Bag. SUNNY already comes with a 1.5 litre engine, so I was not to keen on stretching for the 1.6 litre of the RAPID.
Personally, I would give a 10/10 to the RAPID and 7/10 to the SUNNY as far as looks are concerned. The first time I carefully observed the rear of the SUNNY, I was like . Gradually, after seeing it again and again I must admit that the looks have grown on me, or more so because there isnt a way I could change it!
Best Wishes once again. Enjoy the Drive!!
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 18:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

@Batfreak, belated congrats for the car. You have covered the car like a pro.

A sincere request, avoid Arshia Motor for service of car, or make sure that you take your car back by the evening.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@Batfreak, belated congrats for the car. You have covered the car like a pro.

A sincere request, avoid Arshia Motor for service of car, or make sure that you take your car back by the evening.
Thanks buddy. Is that personal experience talking? I was thinking of using the Jai Auto dealership in Mohan Estate for the A.S.S. I have read somewhere on the forum that Jai is comparatively better than all the other dealerships in the area.

Cheers!

Last edited by Batfreak : 22nd April 2013 at 13:06.
Batfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2013, 11:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Thanks buddy. Is that personal experience talking? I was thinking of using the Jai Auto dealership in Mohan Estate for the A.S.S. I have read somewhere on the forum that Jai is comparatively better than all the other dealerships in the area.

Cheers!
Not exactly personal experience at servicing or cars, but I know someone (apart from the owners, this person is in senior position at the showroom at Crown Plaza), & usually seen using 20 different Skoda cars in a month... & is not necessary that these are showroom display models.

Hope you understand what I mean.

You may be correct & better off in dealing with Jai Auto (though I have never dealt with them in any capacity).
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:06   #35

Can you please let me know the number of keys you received for the car? My father also bought a Skoda Rapid yesterday and is complaining that he got only 1 key. Is that correct or are we missing something.
mandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeep View Post
Can you please let me know the number of keys you received for the car? My father also bought a Skoda Rapid yesterday and is complaining that he got only 1 key. Is that correct or are we missing something.
Same here, mate. I have received just one of those integrated remote fobs. The other one is the standard key sort. I have seen many ownership threads on TBHP that show both keys as the former ones. I guess Skoda has stopped giving away two keys.
Any comments, recent buyers?
Cheers!
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Batfreak on joining the Skoda gang, albeit a little late in the day. Do keep updating your thread and let us know the plusses and the minusses that you face along the way.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:22   #38
BHPian

skoda rapid comes with 2 keys,one with remote and other without it.the remote key cost around Rs15000 for replacement.is it true?.
drbabuanand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2013, 22:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations Batfreak on joining the Skoda gang, albeit a little late in the day. Do keep updating your thread and let us know the plusses and the minusses that you face along the way.
I will try my very best to keep the thread up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
skoda rapid comes with 2 keys,one with remote and other without it.the remote key cost around Rs15000 for replacement.is it true?.
Where did you come to know about this? 15 grand for a key fob? I don't think (or rather hope) that figure is wrong. I was expecting a cost of about 4-5 grand at the most. The dealer informed us that the keys come straight from the Czech Republic because the coding is done there.
Wish that the price bit is not true. Fingers crossed.

Cheers!

Last edited by Batfreak : 3rd May 2013 at 22:31.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:40   #40
BHPian

the sales exequetive @ gurudev motors trichy informed about cost of duplicate key.it seems the cost is because of the integrated chip?
drbabuanand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2013, 17:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
the sales exequetive @ gurudev motors trichy informed about cost of duplicate key.it seems the cost is because of the integrated chip?
That is all very well but the price still seems a bit too sky-high, don't you think? Hope things have improved by now or I would have to keep the key in a locker!

Cheers!
Old 10th May 2013, 13:40   #42
BHPian

Skoda Rapid comes with two keys. For the vehicles manufactured from 2013, only one key has the remote opening. The second key is an ordinary key.

BTW, the Prestige edition was Rs. 10,98,000 on road (this the Elegance Plus with some extras). The price has been increased by Rs. 25,000 from May 08th.
iridium is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 13:57   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridium View Post
BTW, the Prestige edition was Rs. 10,98,000 on road (this the Elegance Plus with some extras). The price has been increased by Rs. 25,000 from May 08th.
That price just doesn't feel right, mate. Skoda had priced the Prestige at only 9 Lakh bucks (Ex-Delhi) at the time of its launch. An increase of 25 grand would have had brought the figure to some 9.25 Lakhs. So what we are talking here is close to 1.75 Lakh Rupees in taxes?!! The company has priced the limited edition such that it even undercuts the Ambition Plus variant. IMO, the cost of owning a Rapid Prestige would not exceed 10.25 Lakhs. Could you please verify the figure?
More on it here:
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...aunched/16182/

Cheers!
Old 17th May 2013, 11:36   #44
BHPian

Default 3700 KM Update

Sorry for the horrific picture quality!

Miles on the clock: 3700 KM

Average Fuel Efficiency figures: 13 - 14 KMPL in the grueling traffic conditions of the city. Is this figure alright? Is there any scope for improvement?

BATTLE WOUNDS
The Rapid has already begun to show scars from its everyday battles in the urban jungle.

Parking Woes
The ORVM as I mentioned in the earlier review, has an uncanny tendency to remain slightly open even when it is fully closed. Some idiot brushed past the ORVM while she was parked and left a deep scratch there.
Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home-rapid-3700-km-update-003.jpg

Also, some other guy brushed the rear bumper to leave a deep gash in its place.
Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home-rapid-3700-km-update-005.jpg

Towing Trouble
While coming back home, near our local marketplace, two men were pushing an old Maruti 800. My dad tried to overtake the broken down vehicle but just as he was about to do that, the 800 owners suddenly decided to make a turn in their course! The oldie nudged the Rapid at the front bumper to leave yet another scar.
Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home-rapid-3700-km-update-001.jpg
Name:  Rapid 3700 km update 002.JPG
Views: 1423
Size:  119.7 KB

Monkey Menace
While she was parked at home, some wild monkey climbed onto the car and started gnawing at the radio antenna. My dad saw this and ran after the little brat with a stick in his hand. The monkey got frightened and ran away but he left dents on the roof of the Rapid.
On later analysis, we found out that the sheet metal on the roof was not very well supported at that point in our car. We also tried to depress the metal at the same point of our neighbor's Vento but that point just won't budge.

All the present Rapid and Vento owners, can you please check whether this is the case in your vehicles too? If not, is my case a one-off one and/or is this a manufacturing defect? Please help folks. I was unable to click better pics because however hard I might try, the dent would just evade my lens! But for reference, the dent is on the left hand rear most corner of the roof.
Salvation - A Skoda Rapid TDI comes home-rapid-3700-km-update-006.jpg
Name:  Rapid 3700 km update 007.JPG
Views: 1381
Size:  121.0 KB

Cheers!

Last edited by Batfreak : 17th May 2013 at 11:39.
Old 17th May 2013, 11:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

For the scars, try using Formula 1 Carnauba Wax Polish and that will remove/lessen many to quite an extent. Further, just get them touched up free of cost at your dealership. I have at least 5-10 on my silver Fortuner, all touched up. Try pushing/bumping the roof dent from the inside the roof lining and see if it comes up.

And just take them in your stride. No sense getting your blood pressure up for these knick knacks...

Last edited by dkaile : 17th May 2013 at 11:53.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote