Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 09:38   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello KP

My tyre specs on zdi is : 195 60 R 15.
I also checked, its around 2300RPM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
congrats KPzen on your new acquisition. You have given a very unbiased comparison against the other hatchbacks. I think thats the USP of Figo. Other than ride dynamics there is nothing that outshines other cars, but it aint too bad to be a deal breaker either. It offers decent amount of interiors space and rear leg room and still offer class leading boot space. This is what sealed the deal for me.

By the way I think figo does 100 at around 2300-2400 rpm, if you get to exact 2500 on the tacho, the speed is getting close to 110. Let me know if you have the same observation.
Mine reaches 100kph at exactly 2500RPM
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 13:51   #47
BHPian
 
Turbokick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bhubaneswar
Posts: 512
Thanked: 237 Times
Default

Mine is stock VDi with 165 section tyre.

Since you have good experience with Swift diesel and you already have a Getz crdi, I would like to know how is the Figo's performance after the mod when compared to the other two mentioned. Both in terms of acceleration and driveability
Turbokick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 15:00   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
ku69rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,293
Thanked: 1,226 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Congrats kPZen on your new toy, was wondering if you would have considered the Amaze since its coming in from Honda. Acknowledge the fact that you were looking for a pocket rocket but then Figo & Amaze are almost there in terms of length. Figo is 3795 MM and Amaze at 3990 MM, a difference of 195 MM which is quite negligible.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 17:58   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Since you have good experience with Swift diesel and you already have a Getz crdi, I would like to know how is the Figo's performance after the mod when compared to the other two mentioned. Both in terms of acceleration and driveability
Swift somehow feels a lot lighter and peppier off the block. May be its the gearing and weight which does the trick.
Getz always has a sense of urgency irrespective of any gear or load you put on it. Put 300kgs and still it will keep pulling like a train.
Figo is quick but doesn't pull like the other two. You need to push it. Calm & composed at all speeds & situation.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats kPZen on your new toy, was wondering if you would have considered the Amaze since its coming in from Honda. Acknowledge the fact that you were looking for a pocket rocket but then Figo & Amaze are almost there in terms of length. Figo is 3795 MM and Amaze at 3990 MM, a difference of 195 MM which is quite negligible.
Yes, I would have considered if it would have been launched last year within my budget of 7.5 lacs.

Last edited by kpzen : 8th April 2013 at 18:09.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 00:03   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,875
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Congrats KP! We were pretty much in the same boat while choosing a hatch for ourselves, and ended up choosing the Figo. I picked up a Figo TDCI Titanium in kinetic blue last month. You've covered the pros and cons pretty well... not much to add there. The front seat is really poor in terms of ergonomics. Back pain is par for the course after driving around now. Have you got any ideas on how this may be improved?

The remap sounds interesting. Could you share some more details on it? Cost, impact on warranty (I'm guessing a scan will reveal the change) and a slightly more detailed before and after comparison?

Last edited by razor4077 : 9th April 2013 at 00:05.
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 15:46   #51
BHPian
 
supertinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
The front seat is really poor in terms of ergonomics. Back pain is par for the course after driving around now. Have you got any ideas on how this may be improved?
The ergonomics of the back seat is not that bad. Only flaw that exists is that lower back support is not good which causes back pain during long drives. The permanent solution for this is to put seat covers and have the designer put additional padding in the lower back area. That should solve the problem.

Other things you can do in the mean time is to reduce the height of the seat, this basically makes the bottom of the seat more inclined, keep the back also at an angle, not too vertical. This seating position is most comfortable for me and reduced stress on the back as under thigh support is also much better. May or may not work for you depending on your back anatomy etc .
supertinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2013, 01:00   #52
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 180
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

My daily run was going to increase from 120kms to 160kms, so i wasn't too convinced on getting a sedan. Small pocket rocket is what i was looking at.

Stock tires 175/65-14 MRFs were replaced with 185/65-14 Yoko A drives. GC has improved.
160 kms daily! What do you do man?

Thought with your extensive running would check on how the A-Drives are doing? I am thinking of getting the same 185/65/14 on 2009 Verna CRDi.

How much did they set you back by?

Thanks!
barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 14:51   #53
BHPian
 
breezydrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 709
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Congrats Prajesh! Bumped late into your thread.
breezydrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 15:07   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Experience : 2nd service 10k kms.

Car was bought from NCR Ford, Faridabad and 1st service was done there at 2500 kms.
Infrastructure at NCR was pathetic and future prospects were quite dim looking at handful of cars being serviced on a weekend.
1st service was only check up and washing so, didn't bother me much.

Couple of weeks later, NCR Ford shut down its operation in Faridabad.

Daily office commute is through Gurgaon, so next service had to be done in Gurgaon.

For Ford, Harpreet Ford is one the best around Delhi NCR area.

By March end, the car had reached the 10k mark. Called up Harpreet Ford Gurgaon and fixed up an appointment for 29th March.

Reached the service center around 9AM, Overall harpreet ford has a fairly wide setup but the space & cleanliness management was nowhere as good as Hyundai Motor Plaza.

Harpreet Ford does a pre-service inspection in the presence of customer which include complete underbody inspection and external checks before accepting the car for service.
Never seen this concept at Hyundai or Maruti.

After the pre-service inspection it was time to address customer issues. The service advisor was kind enough to hear out my concerns.
Although i didn't have many issues, other than a front suspension noise while going over bumps or bad roads.

Same issue was reported to NCR Ford during 1st service, but they gave a temporary solution as jumping rod adjustment. The noise was back within a few hundred kms.

So, this time i made it clear to SA about the issue and after a small test drive, it was acknowledged by him as well.

Delivery time of 4PM was given and i was off to work.

Was busy at work place and forgot about the car completely until 4PM,
Called up SA and he apologized for the delay and informs me that replacement of front two suspension (struts) as the reason for delay.

Me : Wattttt !!! < Service bill cost rings an alarm in my mind>
Me : What's the total bill amount ?

SA : Sir, Rs 1785 /- Struts replaced under warranty.

Me : Ohkk (Relaxed tone) But why was it replaced ?

SA : Sir, we checked the noise, Its a manufacturing defect, so we replaced it.

Me : Alright, Thanks but you shouldn't replace parts without informing the customer.

SA : Sir, its our duty to resolve customer issues.

Me : Thanks again, but in my opinion manufacturing parameters cannot be achieved easily outside so its always better to have original parts as long as you can hang on it.
Also, quality of company fitted parts and service parts is never the same.

Overall cost of service Rs 1785 at 10k kms is pretty cheap by Ford standards.
Also the cost of each strut (on bill) was around 1.8k.

At the moment, it is one of the most economical diesel hatchbacks to own.

Hope it remains the same & doesn't turn into a nightmare later.


Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
160 kms daily! What do you do man?

Thought with your extensive running would check on how the A-Drives are doing? I am thinking of getting the same 185/65/14 on 2009 Verna CRDi.

How much did they set you back by?

Thanks!
Hi barcode
Faridabad- Jhajjar - Faridabad is my daily route.

A drives are doing great. Holding up well at 18 k kms.
Should cover 40k kms easily.

Only downside, on my trip to Gujarat they were extremely noisy on cement roads.

I have the same size A drives on my getz crdi as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Congrats Prajesh! Bumped late into your thread.
Thanks Neeraj.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 15:15   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
At the moment, it is one of the most economical diesel hatchbacks to own.
True. I found the same with my friend's figo that has crossed 40000kms. I went with him for all the figo's services. Compared to our Getz CRDi, the Figo was cheaper to maintain.
The only drawback is , they dont favour any aftermarket fitments. If they find any , they immediately note it down to disallow the warranty (in case any problem occurs). They make note of even horns and bulb wiring upgrading. All additional fittings to be fitted in Ford only.

Example : My getz crdi alloys were transfered to his figo to fit bigger profile tires to increase the GC. After a week , there was a sound from the rear wheel . The bearing have gone bad and had to be replaced . Its still under warranty, but since he fitted aftermarket alloys, warranty was disallowed. If it had been the stock wheel , they would have replaced it under warranty.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2013, 22:59   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats KP! We were pretty much in the same boat while choosing a hatch for ourselves, and ended up choosing the Figo. I picked up a Figo TDCI Titanium in kinetic blue last month. You've covered the pros and cons pretty well... not much to add there. The front seat is really poor in terms of ergonomics. Back pain is par for the course after driving around now. Have you got any ideas on how this may be improved?
Thanks Razor.
Spot on, the front seat back support is poor.

Got the Amron back rest, provides excellent support to lower back.

Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi-dsc_0021.jpg
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 01:55   #57
BHPian
 
swami.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN-10
Posts: 252
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Congrats kpzen(now kpfigo). Though the engine is underpowered, it is the only car in that price range, that I was comfortable with after having owned a Palio 1.9D. It is the best handler at speeds.

Couldn't agree more with the comparo you've done. The Sail UVA is almost the best among the lot overall, but GM dint seem to care much to promote what is supposed to be their volume car.

Appreciate your photography skills. You've made the Figo look a lot better than it actually is. And very happy to see the car being maintained as good as new. I really liked the white on the Figo, but some call taxis here in chennai are running white Figos and Livas. So i never considered it. Went for the Black, which is my all time favorite.

I bought mine in Jan and have just upgraded to 15" continental tyres and loving it. After reading about your remap, i'm just itching to get my hands on the Race Chip which my BIL has already bought in Europe and bringing here next month. The Race chip quotes 91Hp and 234 Nm of Torque. The Race Chip costs a lot less compared to the remaps and the tuning boxes available here.

For your mileage run, you have mentioned 2000rpm, but can you mention the speeds at each gear where you up-shifted and down-shifted? Mine is the LXi and no RPM meter :-(
ie like 1st-2nd @ XX Kmph
2nd-3rd @ XX Kmph and so on.
I am consistently getting 15+ in city and 17 -18 Kmpl in highways. Never have breached the 20 kmpl mark. I was just shocked to see you mention 28. I read again and again to beleive it :-)

OT: By the way, I have installed the Codio armrests which is available in snapdeal and must say it is a real boon in the highways.

Also, where did you buy the back rest and how much did it cost you? I am looking for something to improve the back support.

And finally, wishing you a lot of happy miles:-)

Last edited by swami.n : 18th June 2013 at 02:16.
swami.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 03:07   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gurgaon/Jind
Posts: 263
Thanked: 93 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Hi KP,

The remap has just completed the car. Figo is a very capable hatch but under powered and with the remap you have overcome that part. Which part of Faridabad you are from ?
nik0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 23:22   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Thanks Swami!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
I bought mine in Jan and have just upgraded to 15" continental tyres and loving it.
Wheel specs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
After reading about your remap, i'm just itching to get my hands on the Race Chip which my BIL has already bought in Europe and bringing here next month. The Race chip quotes 91Hp and 234 Nm of Torque. The Race Chip costs a lot less compared to the remaps and the tuning boxes available here.

234 Nm is right into Hyundai range.!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
For your mileage run, you have mentioned 2000rpm, but can you mention the speeds at each gear where you up-shifted and down-shifted? Mine is the LXi and no RPM meter :-(
ie like 1st-2nd @ XX Kmph
2nd-3rd @ XX Kmph and so on.
I am consistently getting 15+ in city and 17 -18 Kmpl in highways. Never have breached the 20 kmpl mark. I was just shocked to see you mention 28. I read again and again to beleive it :-)
Most of the upshifts are done at 2000 ~ 2500 RPM
My daily run gives me better FE than on highways as i'm mostly doing more than 2500 RPM in 5 th gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
OT: By the way, I have installed the Codio armrests which is available in snapdeal and must say it is a real boon in the highways.

Also, where did you buy the back rest and how much did it cost you? I am looking for something to improve the back support.

And finally, wishing you a lot of happy miles:-)
Arm rest is next on my list.

Got back rest from the nearest medical store for Rs 700
You can also order it online through amron or healthkart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi KP,

The remap has just completed the car. Figo is a very capable hatch but under powered and with the remap you have overcome that part. Which part of Faridabad you are from ?
Hi Nik,

I'm put up near YMCA college.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 12:25   #60
BHPian
 
swami.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN-10
Posts: 252
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: Kpzen->Kpgetz->Kpfigo : Remapped Figo TDCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Thanks Swami!

Wheel specs ?
It is the 195/55 R15 tyres. A link to the images in my thread here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post

234 Nm is right into Hyundai range.!!!
Yes. Sometimes its very in the highways, when the Figo with such brilliant dynamics struggling for acceleration, and the hyundais and marutis zoom past.

If they deliver what is promised, the Figo is going to give some of my friends, bragging about Swifts a run for their money.

By the way, I dont get so frustrated when the Punto or Linea(with the same engine as maruti) zooms past me. I still have the soft corner having owned a palio :-) I just hope, someday the Fiats zoom ahead in sales as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Most of the upshifts are done at 2000 ~ 2500 RPM
My daily run gives me better FE than on highways as i'm mostly doing more than 2500 RPM in 5 th gear.
I think I dint convey the point rightly in my previous post.
Mine is the LXi variant which does not have the Tachometer. It would be very helpful, if you mention the speeds in each gear rather than the RPM range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Got back rest from the nearest medical store for Rs 700
You can also order it online through amron or healthkart.
Thanks for the info. Will check it out.
swami.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update! gemithomas Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1017 31st March 2015 23:52
kpzen to kpgetz : Two Getz CRDi's join the family !! - 1,11,111 kms kpzen Long-Term Ownership Reviews 688 21st October 2014 21:12
Happy Birthday Ashpillai and KPGetz jkdas Shifting gears 5 30th January 2010 16:03
Fiesta ZXi TDCi or Fusion TDCi ?? ajkail Sedans 20 28th August 2007 07:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:42.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks