Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd November 2013, 22:15   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You can shift D to N, S to N, D to S and some other combinations without any worries. Only real caution to take in a slushbox is to get the car to a dead stop before engaging P (else you may break the parking pawl) and when going from D to R & vice versa.

But please take whatever precautions you feel are necessary!

Thanks for the update noopster. I used to unnecessary stop before shifting Modes.
sawnilrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 13:39   #77
BHPian

Default 2 years, 23500 kms, blissful ownership

17th April 2012, 2 years, 1 day ago, I had got the keys of my City. 731 days, and 23500 kms later, the car still drives like brand new. Kudos to Honda for making such a fantastic product. No doubt, City has been the best seller in the segment from last 10 years. And I call it now, "Poetry in Motion"

High points in last two years
  • Consistent Mileage of 13 km-pl in City drive and 15 km-pl on the highway drive
  • Since I have restricted use of City only on highways, the air-conditioner cools the cabin in jiffy
  • In total the car has gulped 1807 ltr of fuel to run 23500 kms, with average spend of INR 1,44,000/- on fuel considering average price of 80 km-pl
  • Bi- Xenon's have really changed the way the car drives in the night, as at one flick other cars on the road give way
  • Have spent total INR 14750/- in last 2 years for regular servicing of the car including labor charges and consumables

Low points in last two years
  • On days with heavy cross winds on expressways, the car starts swaying, one needs to hold the steering wheel really tight
  • Misses on all the goodies that the 4th generation car has to offer, what more, one can't retrofit things from the new car. example: Shark-fin antenna cannot be retro fitted
  • MID has never been accurate in last 2 years, there is an error of 7% to 10% in the reading
  • Hyundai Verna, puts my car to shame hands-down when feature to feature comparison is carried out, even the mid variants Verna have better features
  • Tires offer limited grip at high speeds, upgrade recommended
  • Steering inputs are vague, though better than the Verna but no where in the league of Linea or Vento
  • Beige interiors are dust magnets, need periodic attention, otherwise turning into black won't take time.

Posting some random shots of my "Poetry in Motion"

Parked alongside my colleagues City
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0008.jpg

Looks like my City is handing over the baton to the new City
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0011.jpg

23 kmpl on my early morning airport drive, unbelievable isn't it
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0013.jpg

Parked besides my wify's "Pocket Rocket", clicked on Gudipadwa Day, new year for us
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0026.jpg

Tell me whose more beautiful
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0029.jpg

My Key to success
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-key.jpg

Taffeta White in all its Glory
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-stand-still.jpg

Posing along side fellow bhpian Swapzone's City
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0031.jpg

Even the tail-lights lit up beautifully, don't they
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0032.jpg

Rolling Shot, courtesy fellow bhpian Cartman
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-rolling-shot.jpg
sawnilrules is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:00   #78
BHPian

Default Second Upgrade Done: IRVM with Bluetooth and Rear View Camera with Display on the Mir

I believe in doing modifications to the car which purely either improve the aesthetic appeal of the car or add to its functional value. The first modification that I had carried out was in September, and that was fitting the bi-xenon to improve the night vision of the car.

Being a retail professional now, half of my work gets done on phone. And considering the Mumbai traffic, an average Mumbaikar, spends not less than 3 hrs daily commuting to work. I am not alien to these things. As even I spend similar time commuting to work every day from Kandivali to Worli and back. Getting a decent Bluetooth device was therefore my first priority. Samsung, did help me here, as I bought one of their Bluetooth device, paired it with my phone and voila my work was done.

Then why do the modification?

With every smart device today, there is one big problem, its battery life. And Bluetooth devices are not vary to such issues. Usually my con-calls run for hours together, and if I am driving around town during those con-calls, then invariably my Bluetooth battery dies down, thus having me to park my car at the corner of a road and wait for the call to get over.

This is where; I started hunting for Bluetooth devices which can be attached to the car. I restricted my search from online portals, as today beating the e-commerce price is virtually impossible. Most of my searches on various portals yielded results like Jabra, Plantronics, JBL, etc. there was one model from Jabra, which I had almost finalized, but the by the time I would purchase the product, it was out of stock from Snapdeal/Flipkart.

The price difference on online portals VS retail stores ranged between INR 700 to INR 900. Weeks went by, they got converted into month, and somehow I got busy with work and forgot about my upgrade.

Couple of months later during one of my visits to Andheri Link road office, casually I entered an Accessory shop to check if he has any Bluetooth device; to which he showed me this.

Name:  Look what I found.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  150.4 KB

This was an IRVM with Bluetooth, and with integrated reverse camera display on the Mirror and came with standard bumper camera. I casually asked the accessory shop fellow to switch on the camera quality and voila, the quality I saw was better than most of the Chinese products. The initial price quoted was INR 8000/-. I liked what I saw and hence casually asked him what best he can do, to which he quoted final price as INT 7500/-.

As I had not taken the City to work that day, I inquired if he had any other branch around Kandivali-borivali, to which he said in affirmative. I fixed up an appointment with his borivali branch and got the IRVM fixed on the subsequent Sunday. Instead of bumper camera, I opted for number plate camera, with night vision and happily paid in INR 7800/- all inclusive of fitting and new camera.

Itís being almost 2 months I am using this, and I have not faced any issues with the product. The Bluetooth function stores the Phone data also, so once paired, it displays the callerís name and number. It has browser menu which allows you to check the phone-book; received calls & dialed calls. If you need to dial the last caller, simply press the call button on the panel and it calls the last number dialed. The IRVM has integrated speaker and mic, so the stock audio system speakers are not used. It also comes with an in-ear device, where-in if there are co-occupants in the car, and one wants to have a personal conversation, he can simply detach the in-ear device and carry on the conversation. The camera quality has been brilliantly good, no issues what so ever.

So now I can say, even my car boasts of IRVM similar to the one on the Verna's and yups know my car is Bluetooth enabled

Attaching some pictures (Sorry some photos are blurred, as I had clicked from Phone Camera)

Bluetooth Box
Name:  The Box.JPG
Views: 1634
Size:  59.9 KB

Paired Phone
Name:  Paired Phone.JPG
Views: 1639
Size:  46.2 KB

Reverse Camera, attached on the Number plate
Name:  The number plate camera.JPG
Views: 1669
Size:  49.0 KB

Entire IRVM
Name:  Entire Mirror.JPG
Views: 1617
Size:  55.4 KB

Closeup of Camera & Display Quality
Name:  Reverse View.JPG
Views: 1631
Size:  40.8 KB

Night Vision Quality
Name:  Night Vision Clarity 2.jpg
Views: 1615
Size:  12.8 KB

Phone-Book
Name:  Phone Book Integrated.JPG
Views: 1615
Size:  43.4 KB

Display to check calls received
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-numbers-recieved.jpg

In Ear Piece
Name:  In Ear Device 1.JPG
Views: 1652
Size:  42.3 KB
sawnilrules is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2014, 09:41   #79
BHPian

Default Self Cleaning Kit

Well, how much ever you pay to the car cleaning guys, they don't clean the car to your satisfaction. I don't blame them completely. We team-bhpians are quite finicky when it comes to car cleanliness.

No wonder, after reading on multiple threads about self car cleaning options, I decided to take a plunge and buy one for me too. Following items I ended up buying, mostly through Snapdeal.
  1. Jopasu Car Duster- INR 569, had a SD Coupon so paid INR 469
  2. 3M quick Polish- INR 100 for 50 ml from accessories shop
  3. Microfibre Cloth- INR 160 from Snapdeal
  4. Armor all Glass Cleaner INR 319 from HyperCity
  5. Armor all Tire Polisher INR 650 from Snapdeal

Attaching snaps-

Jopasu Duster,box pack as received
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0223.jpg

The invoice
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0224.jpg

Cool bag for the duster
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0225.jpg

My Kit; sorry the picture of 3M polish missing here.
Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-dsc_0228.jpg
Old 4th May 2014, 10:26   #80
BHPian

Default Re: 2 years, 23500 kms, blissful ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Tell me who's more beautiful
Without a doubt, the Pocket Rocket !!
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 16:20   #81
BHPian

Default 30000 KMS, 2.5 years, What Next

Well this is what happened yesterday,

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-img20140923wa0019.jpg

30000 kms exactly after owning the car for 2.5 years. So what all contributed to adding 30000 kms, roughly 50% of this came purely out of highway drives and rest 50% were added during City drives. After 30000 kms let me quickly summarize whatís stock and whatís upgraded.
  • Tires- Stock, still running fine, no issues at all
  • Head-lights- Upgraded to Bi-Xenon, have dramatically changed the night vision
  • Brake- Pads- Replaced, as they had worn out
  • ICE Set-up- Stock, including the 6 speakers set-up
  • Leather Seats- Stock
  • Wiper Blades- Stock, have been doing good job for last three rains, will replace next season

Many times in last one year, I have felt a need to upgrade my ride to something better, primary reasons as always being, missing on most of the gizmos that today even a seven lac car offers.

Even after 30000 kms on board;
  • The car is so silent, that you canít even hear a murmur, thus ends up transporting you from one place to another in absolute silence, no other petrol cars in the segment are as silent as the I-Vtec.
  • Paddle-shifters, they are fun even today, havenít got bored of them yet, I donít recollect when was the last time I drove with them off.
  • The car has dual personality, drive is D mode, its docile and goes around places as softly as possible, but engage the Sports Mode, the same docile engine turns itself into a monster and wouldn't up-shift unless it red-lines, and before you realize whatís happening, you are already at scarily fast speeds.
  • Inspite of having lacs of Cityís on road, people still turn-around and give a glance to the car, possibly because of two reasons, City in white always looks Wow and Honda sold limited 3rd Generation Cityís with Sun-roof. Feels good to be inside one
  • Which other 1496 cc, with excess of 100 bhp, with an Auto-Box and C Segment Petrol Sedan gives 11 to 13 km-pl mileage during City drives and 18 to 20 km-pl mileage during Highway drives.
  • Back- Seat comfort of the car is unmatched even today; well fellow colleagues, friends and family members have validated this, as I have hardly got a chance to be at the back-seat.
  • No EMI on the car, I could manage to close by 5 year old loan 7 months back. It feels nice to be EMI free sometimes
  • Most importantly service reliability and also having service station bang opposite my home

Not a single bit of the above characteristics of the car has changed. Overall I would say, it has been a fantastic 30000 kms, I have loved every bit of driving around in the car and hopefully would continue to do so for at least minimum 3 more years.

However having said all the pluses about the car, there are few things that should have been definitely there in the car, and below things would have made the car better.
  • Thicker Sheet Metal, slightest of the impact on the car ends up deforming the body structure. Yes I know Crumple Zones are at work, but crumple zones shouldn't activate at reverse speeds.
  • Car should have been heavier, doesn't inspire confidence above 140 kph, in-spite of having the grunt, you would resist going faster.
  • All around discs should have been there, in-spite of ABS and EBD, I find brakes on the weaker side
  • EPS isn't anywhere in the league of Fiatís Hydraulic Units. Civic was a stellar handler.
  • As said earlier also, interior illumination is not in sync at-all. (Center Console light Orange and Instrument console Blue)
  • All the 4 doors keep making squeaking noise, Honda advises against using oiling or greasing
  • Horn has never sounded consistent in last 2.5 years.

I would be getting the Car Detailing Done via Max-Shine in coming weeks, will add some pictures post it.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:42   #82

Default Re: Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol

Even I had this question for my City. Even though I never stop my car while shifting from D to S, I always wondered why one can't directly shift from D to S like D to N. While shifting from D to N can be done without pressing the gear lock, D to S shifting requires us to press the lock and then shift...food for thought?
KaranP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2016, 16:34   #83
BHPian

Unhappy Re: Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol- Now Sold

After 4.6 years of ownership, 60000 kms on board, I decided to part ways with my beloved Poetry in Motion. It probably was the toughest decision that I must have taken till date.

But as they say, nothing is permanent, one has to accept the changes & move on. With kiddo entering the family, it was getting increasingly important for me to buy a car packed with safety features to the brim. We regularly do highway trips, and somehow I didn't find the minuscule 2 airbags & ABS with EBD safe anymore.

After lot of discussions and deliberations, finally gave way to this to be a part of the family for more years to come...

Honda City V-AT Sunroof. Fell in love, inspite the rising cost of petrol-img_7671.jpg

as we bid adieu to our trusted 4.5 year old companion- The City

Last shot of her which I had taken during my recent Pune trip at the food court.

Name:  IMG_5926.JPG
Views: 522
Size:  154.3 KB

I hope that the new owner (a relative only), takes equally good care of her, the way we took care of her...