Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st August 2014, 11:54   #91
SBR
BHPian

Default Re: M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If this "thud" is a common issue found on the Swift and Ritz then why hasn't Maruti recalled the cars and solved it? How silly can the ASC get with such answers. Why not accept the fact that they are not competent enough to diagnose and solve the issue. Why give lame answers just to wipe-off the issue.

This is not a common issue and IIRC, I too had faced the same with my Ritz in the last stages of the car.
Exactly Anurag. I think either the ASC is not competent enough to diagnoise & solve the issue or Maruti should re-call the cars and solve the problem. I am considering taking a second opinion from another ASC other than Aryan motors and then decide on future course of action.
SBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 14:21   #92
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR View Post
I think either the ASC is not competent enough to diagnoise & solve the issue or Maruti should re-call the cars and solve the problem.
I have sent a written complaint to Maruti Customer Service at http://www.marutisuzuki.com/service-feedback.aspx. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 13th August 2014, 17:05   #93
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
I have sent a written complaint to Maruti Customer Service at http://www.marutisuzuki.com/service-feedback.aspx. Keeping my fingers crossed.
After I sent the complaint as mentioned above to Maruti on 2nd Aug (Sat), I got a prompt response from Aryan motors on 4th Aug (Mon) stating that they would like to examine my car & it was scheduled for Sat - 9th Aug. One of the senior guys from Aryan Motors attended to it and their reply was same stating that the noise I am facing is just regular operational noise & is nothing to be worried of. My car was dropped back the same evening. I informed MASS that I was not convinced with their answer at all.

After 2 days, I get a call from Aryan Motors once again that engineers from Maruti would like to inspect my car & take it on a Test Drive. The date was fixed for today @ 13th Aug, 2014. My car was taken today morning by Aryan Motors and I received a call from them about few mins ago that it has been examined by Maruti engineers as well & even they did not find anything unusual about the problem I complained. I believe Maruti Engineers are going to respond to me directly in a day's time regarding the problem.

I will wait and watch to see what happens.
Old 27th August 2014, 17:11   #94
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
I get a call from Aryan Motors once again that engineers from Maruti would like to inspect my car & take it on a Test Drive. The date was fixed for today @ 13th Aug, 2014. My car was taken today morning by Aryan Motors and I received a call from them about few mins ago that it has been examined by Maruti engineers as well & even they did not find anything unusual about the problem I complained. I believe Maruti Engineers are going to respond to me directly in a day's time regarding the problem.
Time for update. While the Maruti engineers informed me that they did not find anything unusual about the problem, surprisingly the problem has disappeared now and it is no longer to be seen . Not sure what the Maruti engineers did with my car but at the end of the day the car is doing fine now. Got the alignment and balancing done at Madhus last evening but looks like I will have to visit them again as the alignment has not been done properly.
Old 26th October 2014, 11:04   #95
SBR
BHPian

Time for some update. The car is just doing fine and has been my daily ride to work and back. No complaints so far.

Achieved the below milestone in 1.7 years of ownership. The picture quality is poor though.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi-19000-kms-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 25th November 2014, 19:27   #96
SBR
BHPian

The roof antenna recently gave away. Not sure how.
The problem with the roof antenna is that when it is removed, it has a huge hole where water can penetrate to a large extent . I had use some plastic to avoid water seepage till the problem was rectified. The below pictures speak for themselves.
Got the antenna fixed when I gave the car for 20K service.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi-img_20141122_084650251-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi-img_20141122_084555953_hdr-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 25th November 2014, 19:52   #97
SBR
BHPian

The car reached the milestone of 20,000 KMS in 18 months of usage. It was time for 20K KMS service. Gave the car for service at Aryan Motors on 22nd Nov 2014 by 9:30 AM.
I had purchased a 5 Litre can of Mobil Delvac MX 15W40 engine oil sometime back and gave the same to Aryan motors for oil change. I have attached a photo of the oil can with this post below. I asked the service center to avoid wheel balancing & alignment as well.
Complaints I had - to re-fix the roof antenna as mentioned in my earlier post , some rattling sound from front left side window when it is rolled down and noisy engine in idling particularly. Rest was only general service and check up.

Got the car back on 22nd Nov evening at 5:30 PM from the service center.

Below is a break up of the service bill (excludes engine oil & Wheel Alignment and Balancing);

Parts:
Air filter - 260/-
Oil filter - 380/-
Coolant - 249*3 Ltrs - 747/-
Brake fluid 500 ml - 327/-
Grease Sachet - 45/-
Screen Wash Liquid - 13/-

Labour charges:
Paid Service charges - 1310/-
Caliper pin greasing - 180/-
Rear break drum both side R&R - 200/-
Consummable Check / Replacement - 150/-

VAT @ 14.5% - 252/-
Service Tax - 220/-
Total bill amount - Rs.4058/-

Service done, roof antenna fixed, windows tightened & the rattling sound is gone. Engine noise has reduced significantly after service & engine oil change. The car feels butter smooth now with reduced engine noise & smoother gear shifts. All in all, very happy with the car & MASS.
Attached Thumbnails
M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi-img_20141115_133057027-fileminimizer.jpg  

M800 to a Diesel Hatch - My Breeze Blue Maruti Ritz VDi-img_20141122_084716844-fileminimizer.jpg  

Old 26th November 2014, 09:43   #98
BHPian

Hi, i have a query here. I have a 2010 ritz vdi, done some 35000 kms. I think the steering is heavy even at light speeds, when i mention this to the service folks they say its a normal thing with ritz.

Second, i recently drove through very bad roads with 5 people on board. after a few days there is a sqweeking sound coming from the rear left suspension. the sound comes when i car moves from a stand still position, or if i manually shake the car a bit. what could be this problem?
Dieselritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2014, 11:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi, i have a query here. I have a 2010 ritz vdi, done some 35000 kms. I think the steering is heavy even at light speeds, when i mention this to the service folks they say its a normal thing with ritz.

Second, i recently drove through very bad roads with 5 people on board. after a few days there is a sqweeking sound coming from the rear left suspension. the sound comes when i car moves from a stand still position, or if i manually shake the car a bit. what could be this problem?
What is the tyre that you are using? Is it 165 or 185 or larger size?

I guess the power steering motor is giving way.

Regarding the suspension, check the springs for smooth operation.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2014, 19:13   #100
SBR
BHPian

Quote:
I think the steering is heavy even at light speeds, when i mention this to the service folks they say its a normal thing with ritz.

after a few days there is a sqweeking sound coming from the rear left suspension. the sound comes when i car moves from a stand still position, or if i manually shake the car a bit. what could be this problem?
Ritz steering is not that heavy in light speeds. If I compare it with my M-800 which I had earlier, then it is a different thing all together but it should be lighter in slow speeds. Suggest, get it checked with another MASS center as second opinion always helps in such cases.

Get the suspension checked as well.
Old 1st December 2014, 09:46   #101
BHPian

I am planning to get below things checked:
- A sound coming from the rear left suspension as if 2 leather pieces are being rubbed against each other, this happens only at low speeds.
- A few rattles
- Reduction in pickup
- Heavy steering feel (this has been my complain since 2 yrs now, but they say its normal, i have driven a few other ritz vdi and i could tell there is something wrong with my car)
Old 3rd December 2014, 16:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Heavy steering feel (this has been my complain since 2 yrs now, but they say its normal, i have driven a few other ritz vdi and i could tell there is something wrong with my car)
Are you running on stock size tyre or up-sized ones ? Do check pressure on the tyres.

I have a feeling, the tyres might be low on pressure .

Hope it helps .
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 07:06   #103
BHPian

Stock tyres, properly inflated. Next week I'll take the car to MASS.
Old 4th December 2014, 07:19   #104

Guys I'm planning to buy a Ritz Vxi very soon and I took a TD from a Maruti dealer. I experienced these issues :-

1. A lot of clutch play.I asked this to the maruti guy, for which he said, all new cars will have a lot of clutch play and it will be normal after 6 months of usage. Is it true? Other Ritz owners have experienced this?

2. My ankles started paining after a 30 minutes driving. Don't know its because of the long clutch play or I sat too near to the steering rack.
Vinotys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2014, 10:46   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Guys I'm planning to buy a Ritz Vxi very soon and I took a TD from a Maruti dealer. I experienced these issues :-

1. A lot of clutch play.I asked this to the maruti guy, for which he said, all new cars will have a lot of clutch play and it will be normal after 6 months of usage. Is it true? Other Ritz owners have experienced this?

2. My ankles started paining after a 30 minutes driving. Don't know its because of the long clutch play or I sat too near to the steering rack.
Answering your questions in sequence:

1. Is it clutch travel that is long you mean? If yes then it is normal.

2. The distance from steering wheel (Fore and Aft) is the culprit here. You are sitting too near to the steering wheel so the angle of bend is high causing the pains in your ankles.

Anurag.
a4anurag is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote