Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th November 2013, 18:47   #46
BHPian

Default re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year, 15580kms done !!!

It's just today I bumped into your thread. That's a very nice ride man. Glad to see a good service experience. Looking forward to see you in person tomorrow.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:05   #47
BHPian

Default re: Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year, 15580kms done !!!

When I had bought the car , had received advice to get Nitro filled in the tyres for better stability , being economical , wonder why I didn't listen at that time.

Never the less after good 8 months the car has now nitro filled tyres. When I do the maths it does turn out to be cheaper .
One time filling costed me 120 rupees. The duration in which I need to get the nitro checked/refilled is 3-4 months. And refill costs 10Rs.

That's pretty economical when compared to regular air which had to be checked every 2 weeks and you end up paying 5 rupees as courtesy cos it aint free every place .

I am on a road trip to Baroda. lets see how does the Nitro play in changing the fuel economy and above all the handling when on high speeds.
RishiSuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 15:05   #48
BHPian

The experience of having nitro in the tyres as compared to regular air was phenomenal. The car stucked to the ground, the ride was much smoother.
Whenever it went through a pot hole, the impact was not that hurtful when compared with air filled tyres.

Indeed the average of the car also went up due to the pressure being constant and not increasing / decreasing due to driving.

The beast returned an average of 12.6Km/hr on being driven at speed of 110-120Kms/hr.
RishiSuri is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2013, 18:05   #49
BHPian

The Diesel Lid issue
A new issue occurred in the car recently. The Diesel Lid was not closing after filling in fuel. The only way it could close was you press it and then click the remote once.

This was causing inconvenience and also a risk of someone taking out fuel if I forget to close it or give it in valet.

The car was taken to servicing station who repaired it free of cost. The reason for the lid not closing was due to manhandling done by the people who fill fuel and smashing the lid hard.
The technician informed the lid has double lock with actuates that needs to be closed gently. If this gets broken. It will not be covered in warranty and will be a complete replacement of assembly.

So fellow cruzians be gentle with the lid. I am planning to open it myself when filling the tank and even closing it.
Old 22nd February 2014, 16:10   #50
BHPian

Default 10,000Km : Silver Hawk

On this day the Silver hawk has clocked another milestone of 10,000kms. In the journey of 10 months, it has travelled mostly on highway and of course the city commute to office-home.

The experience has been phenomenal and with every kms being clocked the car has become better in driving, and the best moment being when its in the 6th gear cruising above 100km/hr.

The only cons which I have observed with this car has been primarily being in bumper to bumper traffic where it has a bit of lag in responsiveness else the car is amazing.

The advantage of having Nitro in tires does reflect in better handling , and of course better mileage.

More miles and more travels to come with the silver hawk
Old 5th March 2014, 15:18   #51
BHPian

Default Survey by Chevrolet : where you serviced your car

Hi, today a wierd thing happened. I got a call from Gurgaon number stating i am calling from Chevrolet headquarter and are you the owner of Cruze.
I responded Yes.
He continues please share the details of your last service of the cruze as we are doing a survey.
i found that fishy and asked share with me first that you are actually calling from Chevrolet headquarters with proof of your identity.

Fellow cruzians have you received such calls?
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 20:43   #52
BHPian

Rishi, did the person give you specific of when you did the service and service centre or just "asked" where did you do it? I used to get regular calls from Hyundai to check on their quality of service and Skoda does this too. Everybody who called provided info where I did the last service and date prior to asking for the feedback.

Good you are very vigilant about this. Let's see what others reply.
samyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2014, 08:49   #53
BHPian

Another funny incident happened, i guess i am prone for being pranked by others. So yesterday while driving to office , i felt the car being not that responsive and little heavy to be pulled. I stopped on the side luckily or unluckily next to a air pressure checking local shop. That guy just came in and said look puncture the tyre is flat.

I was astonished that the tyre was intact. He tried to argue with me and then i just had to say 2-3 words (not recommended to be shared) to close that argument and move on.
The thing that confuses me is how nowadays people are duping for their personal gains. There is no thing called "Trust".

On a side note yes i do feel a little drag in the car not as responsive as it used to be. Funny part is when my wife drives it and i take it over from her then i feel that, But when i am driving daily that lag seems to be minimal. Is it because of the style of driving?
Old 28th March 2014, 17:34   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Another funny incident happened, i guess i am prone for being pranked by others. So yesterday while driving to office , i felt the car being not that responsive and little heavy to be pulled. I stopped on the side luckily or unluckily next to a air pressure checking local shop. That guy just came in and said look puncture the tyre is flat.

I was astonished that the tyre was intact. He tried to argue with me and then i just had to say 2-3 words (not recommended to be shared) to close that argument and move on.
The thing that confuses me is how nowadays people are duping for their personal gains. There is no thing called "Trust".

On a side note yes i do feel a little drag in the car not as responsive as it used to be. Funny part is when my wife drives it and i take it over from her then i feel that, But when i am driving daily that lag seems to be minimal. Is it because of the style of driving?
@RishiSuri you have been subjected to attention diversion by a prankster, infamous for laying hands on Mobile Phones and Computer Laptops lying on the rear seat

Drag on Diesel Vehicles is evident when Air Filter is choked, Adulterated or by filling High Sulphur Diesel.
kapursaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2014, 16:44   #55
BHPian

Hi Rishi,

I am planning to buy a 3-4 year old used Cruze automatic and use it for another 5 years. Do you think it is a wise call ? How are the incremental maintenance costs overall for your car ?
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 09:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Hi Rishi,

I am planning to buy a 3-4 year old used Cruze automatic and use it for another 5 years. Do you think it is a wise call ? How are the incremental maintenance costs overall for your car ?

Hi,
What is the odometer reading of the Cruze you are willing to buy? The first things which i would look for is brake pads and tyres condition.
The brake pads do get worn out by 30-40K and yes the tyres as well.

In addition to that i would recommend getting an inspection check from a trusted garage to ensure the engine, suspension or shockers are working fine.

the maintenance cost for me in this 1 year of ownership has been negligibe just the servicing cost which is not a pinch to pocket.
The one which you will be going for would be a 5 speed automatic as in 2012 they introduced the 6 speed automatic. Nevertheless in city driving we never get the chance of putting in 6th gear.

Do let me know the details of your shortlisted car so that if possible i can provide my insights.

Happy Searching
Old 25th April 2014, 09:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
What is the odometer reading of the Cruze you are willing to buy? The first things which i would look for is brake pads and tyres condition.
The brake pads do get worn out by 30-40K and yes the tyres as well.

In addition to that i would recommend getting an inspection check from a trusted garage to ensure the engine, suspension or shockers are working fine.

the maintenance cost for me in this 1 year of ownership has been negligibe just the servicing cost which is not a pinch to pocket.
The one which you will be going for would be a 5 speed automatic as in 2012 they introduced the 6 speed automatic. Nevertheless in city driving we never get the chance of putting in 6th gear.

Do let me know the details of your shortlisted car so that if possible i can provide my insights.

Happy Searching
Thanks for your response.

I have two choices:
1. 58k run - new tyres - certified 2010 October car for 8.25L (branded dealer)
2. 40k run - old tyres - noncertified 2011 October car for 9.5L (non branded dealer)

I intend to use it atleast upto 1.5L kms - so not very sure if the 1.25 premium justifies the lesser age !

Brgds,
Vishal

Last edited by salunkhe.vizz : 25th April 2014 at 09:36.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 09:58   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Thanks for your response.

I have two choices:
2. 40k run - old tyres - noncertified 2011 October car for 9.5L (non branded dealer)

I intend to use it atleast upto 1.5L kms - so not very sure if the 1.25 premium justifies the lesser age !

Brgds,
Vishal
In my opinion the branded dealer with new tyres looks a better option. Tyre change would alone cost you easily 40K or more. I had replaced my stock tyres for 20K
So now left is 80K difference.
The branded dealer must be giving you 6 months warranty which is definetly a need for used cars. Above all its certified that does reduces the issue to good 60-70%.
18K more on ODO is not an issue, these diesel cars are meant to be driven for long miles..
In my opinion concentrate on
Old 30th April 2014, 22:42   #59
BHPian

Default Silver Hawk 1 year completion: 15580Kms

Today the Silver hawk completes 1 year. I still remember the day when the beast came home and how thrilled I was in owning this mean machine.
The journey of 1 year has been of great experience that had a combination of highway and city and preferred a highway ride in the beast .

Some quick updates of 1 year ownership experience:
Kilometers Logged: 15580
Maximum mileage: 12.6Kms/l
Minimum Mileage: 6.8 Kms/l
Accidents: One
Repairs: rear bumper because of the accident.
Wear and tear: none
Noise in car due to driving on craters: None
The thrust , smooth ride on highways when in 6th gear. Silent while on high speed. Comfortable seats be it front or back. Great Air-conditioning.

Dislikes:
Lag in responsiveness when on slow speeds (< 20Km/hr). the car looses its grip on the road when you suddenly thrust it to speed up from 0 or 15-20km/hr.

MODS: Is it possible I can get the rights to edit the thread heading to provide regular updates?

Last edited by RishiSuri : 30th April 2014 at 22:44. Reason: edited the miles
Old 1st May 2014, 12:20   #60
BHPian

Default Re: Silver Hawk 1 year completion: 15580Kms

Quote:
Today the Silver hawk completes 1 year. I still remember the day when the beast came home and how thrilled I was in owning this mean machine.
The journey of 1 year has been of great experience that had a combination of highway and city and preferred a highway ride in the beast .

Some quick updates of 1 year ownership experience:
Kilometers Logged: 15580
Maximum mileage: 12.6Kms/l
Minimum Mileage: 6.8 Kms/l
Accidents: One
Repairs: rear bumper because of the accident.
Wear and tear: none
Noise in car due to driving on craters: None
The thrust , smooth ride on highways when in 6th gear. Silent while on high speed. Comfortable seats be it front or back. Great Air-conditioning.

Dislikes:
Lag in responsiveness when on slow speeds (< 20Km/hr). the car looses its grip on the road when you suddenly thrust it to speed up from 0 or 15-20km/hr.

MODS: Is it possible I can get the rights to edit the thread heading to provide regular updates?
Thanks for Sharing your candid first year experience. My Six months view on my Diamond White Chevy Cruze LTZ VCDI AT, pulled by 166 Horses is somewhat similar. Wish you many more safe miles on your Silver Hawk.
kapursaket is offline   Reply With Quote