Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
getsurya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,381
Thanked: 944 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
The shine after getting the Waxoyl 100 plus paint sealant treatment done recently
Hi Top-Gear, Congratulations for the awesome new ride! The car looks gleamy and glorious in Blue!

Great pictures and keep them coming from both interior and exterior perspective. I am keenly following this car for my wife in December.

Do keep posting your observations/concerns regularly to provide us the content for making a righteous decision.

Thank you and Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 14:36   #17
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Congrats on the buy! Great and crisp review. Short and to the point. Please keep the thread updated with mileage figures, service records et al.
Happy driving!
Cheers!
Thank you for your wishes, Batfreak! Yes, I do intend to keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Top-Gear, Congratulations for the awesome new ride! The car looks gleamy and glorious in Blue!

Great pictures and keep them coming from both interior and exterior perspective. I am keenly following this car for my wife in December.

Do keep posting your observations/concerns regularly to provide us the content for making a righteous decision.

Thank you and Happy Motoring!
Thank you for your wishes and kind words, getsurya! for the thought of getting it for your wife. It is a great car as a city run around. Yes, I do intend to keep sharing my observations.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 01:18   #18
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Congratulations on buying the new Honda Amaze, Mr.Top-Gear.

Honda has done good job in differentiating the Petrol Amaze from Diesel one, as the top-end VX variant is having different alloys while the other S-variants are having Wheel caps with the different designs.

Btw, How do you rate its front seats ? As some people have complained of its hard cushion stuff.
CRtorquefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 09:53   #19
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations on buying the new Honda Amaze, Mr.Top-Gear.

Btw, How do you rate its front seats ? As some people have complained of its hard cushion stuff.
Thank you for your wishes CRtorquefan!

The front seats are functionally sound. I find them comfortable enough in spite of being scooped out from the back to make space for the rear passengers. IMO, seats need not be thick in order to be comfortable. The ergonomics are what matter. Having said that, they do not have a"premium" look.
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:35   #20
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations on buying the new Honda Amaze, Mr.Top-Gear.

Btw, How do you rate its front seats ? As some people have complained of its hard cushion stuff.
Thank you for your wishes CRtorquefan!

The front seats are functionally sound. I find them comfortable enough in spite of being scooped out from the back to make space for the rear passengers. IMO, seats need not be thick in order to be comfortable. The ergonomics are what matter. Having said that, they do not have a"premium" look.
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:00   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
3. As mentioned, the stock tyres were MRF ZTVT 175/65 R14, which I promptly got replaced with Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R14 (after market).
Honda is really finicky about the tyres and alloys, Did you check with them that changing tyres does not void warranty?

On the City, you are not supposed to change the tyres, the tyre details are mentioned in the vehicle allotment along with VIN &Chassis number. They have a disclaimer regarding change of tyres in the warranty book if i re-collect correctly.

Kindly check and clarify for Amaze.

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 3rd June 2013 at 13:01. Reason: re-phrased the sentence.
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:47   #22
BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 984
Thanked: 674 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

@Top Gear, many congratulations for your petrol Amaze.
Wish you many happy miles with the car.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

But the mileage of the 1.2L engine did amaze me. It is even less the City.

In your post you have at several places described the steering as Excellent and then in the "Do not like" feature you mentioned the steering and said it could have been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Honda is really finicky about the tyres and alloys, Did you check with them that changing tyres does not void warranty?

MKP
You should have checked this issue with the dealer first before going for an oversized tyre. Sid has made the following comment about tyre change clearly discouraged in the owners manual :

Quote:
The car comes with 175/65 R14 tyres and I am planning to stick with the stock configuration initially, since Honda mentions in the owner's booklet that using an inappropriate tyre size could result in failure of the ABS unit. As far as the ride quality goes, I feel its ok. The suspension does soak bumps easily.
Sommos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:42   #23
BHPian
 
vasanthn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 745
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Your review is very good for it to be the "frist post" from you. I am guessing you have done a lot of browsing through the forum earlier.

In my personal opinion, Amaze looks best in this color. The space looks very good. Keep the thread updated with service and highway-drive experience.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 3rd June 2013 at 15:58.
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:42   #24
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Honda is really finicky about the tyres and alloys, Did you check with them that changing tyres does not void warranty?

On the City, you are not supposed to change the tyres, the tyre details are mentioned in the vehicle allotment along with VIN &Chassis number. They have a disclaimer regarding change of tyres in the warranty book if i re-collect correctly.

Kindly check and clarify for Amaze.

Cheers
MKP
Hi MKP,
I had checked with the dealer regarding the same. I got a non committal reply. Something on the lines of "should not be a problem unless the change results in failure of some other component.." He was unwilling to give a clear reply. Well, all I did was to increase the tyre width by 1 cm. I haven't checked the warranty cards out manual though. Thanks for reminding.
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2013, 16:19   #25
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
@Top Gear, many congratulations for your petrol Amaze.
Wish you many happy miles with the car.
Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

But the mileage of the 1.2L engine did amaze me. It is even less the City.

In your post you have at several places described the steering as Excellent and then in the "Do not like" feature you mentioned the steering and said it could have been better.

You should have checked this issue with the dealer first before going for an oversized tyre. Sid has made the following comment about tyre change clearly discouraged in the owners manual :
Thanks Sommos, for your good wishes!

The FE of the 1.2L petrol does seem to be low, but then my daily ride is such that FE is bound to take a hit. 20km in medium to dense traffic with a LOT of traffic signals and other stops. I can't go in the third year for more than 5 minutes, 4th is out of question.

Regarding the steering, I find it a joy to hold. Plus it is very light and precise. My only gripe is that the feedback from the road could have been better. Plus the other concern some people have expressed is that it tends to be too light while driving fast on the highways, though I personally haven't had the chance to make her run on the open highways.

As for the tyres, please refer my previous post. The only thing I want to add is that, mine being a petrol SMT, I don't have to worry about the ABS malfunctioning, since it doesn't have one! :-)
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 07:58   #26
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Your review is very good for it to be the "frist post" from you. I am guessing you have done a lot of browsing through the forum earlier.

In my personal opinion, Amaze looks best in this color. The space looks very good. Keep the thread updated with service and highway-drive experience.
Thank you Vasanth for your compliments and kind words! Yes, you are bang on - I researched the Amaze on the forum and the influence shows! :-) The ownership review was in the Assembly line for some time. GTO judged me towards improving the quality. His ownership review of the Nissan Sunny was like a masters class on review writing!!!
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 09:51   #27
BHPian
 
Arch-Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chn(Atrocity)
Posts: 552
Thanked: 276 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Congrats on buying what i feel is the next good thing from the stables of Honda. A crisp review as well, good going! I do feel that the amaze's dash is a little to spartan to my preferences (I love buttons even though i don't use half of them ).

Wish you many more miles and smiles my friend! Enjoy!
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 10:19   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 1,225
Thanked: 2,060 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Congratulations Top-Gear! Its indeed a great ride you have got for yourself. And you know what is the best part of all - you have got that bhp sticker on the bumper. Makes its super special ride by all means

No offense to Dzire owners but we were eagerly waiting for something that can create good balance in the competition. With Amaze, I am loving Honda more than I used to
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 15:14   #29
BHPian
 
Top-Gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 203
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Congrats on buying what i feel is the next good thing from the stables of Honda. A crisp review as well, good going! I do feel that the amaze's dash is a little to spartan to my preferences (I love buttons even though i don't use half of them ).

Wish you many more miles and smiles my friend! Enjoy!
Thank you so much, Arch-Angel! So nice of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Congratulations Top-Gear! Its indeed a great ride you have got for yourself. And you know what is the best part of all - you have got that bhp sticker on the bumper. Makes its super special ride by all means

No offense to Dzire owners but we were eagerly waiting for something that can create good balance in the competition. With Amaze, I am loving Honda more than I used to
Thanks abirnale! You bet! The sticker is very special!
Top-Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2013, 18:20   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bombay
Posts: 317
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Re: My cool blue Honda Amaze - 1.2L Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Hi MKP,
Something on the lines of "should not be a problem unless the change results in failure of some other component.." He was unwilling to give a clear reply.
That automatically implies that they will not honour any claim in case something goes wrong. using it as excuse especially if something happens to suspension.

Obviously, you will not claim warranty if everything works right

Cheers
MKP
mkpiyengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Blue Beauty Honda Amaze SMT i-DTEC @ 7000 kms AmazeGuru Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 22 14th October 2014 20:38
Hyundai i20 1.2L Asta - It's not cool; it's uber cool! manz Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 28th January 2011 18:12


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks