Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2013, 11:26   #16
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
+1 S2,

@Satshan,
Get the wheels painted or buy a set of alloys if Vitamin-M permits. Get the for handles and B-Pillar also blackened as suggested by others too.
Thanks Anurag. I will surely paint the wheels, B-pillar and the door handles in black color. Will make it more sporty looking!

I am not sure about the paint brand or type to be used to color them, can we use the standard Asian Paints black oil paint or is there one specially to be applied on cars?

Also, how about fitting a rear spoiler, does it gel well enough with the Ritz? I have seen it fitted in some cars, but didn't feel it enhances the looks too much. Please comment.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2013, 21:33   #17
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Yes, they do cut it for some modifications, but it seems pretty much safe. These guys are very skilled for such mods and do these jobs almost every day in some or the other car. So no worries.

Reg. the Dual horn: No, LXi doesn't come factory fitted with Dual horn. Only single one.

Yes, chrome mirror covers match up well with the Silver color of the car.
Cutting the stock wires voids warranty, buddy.
I think the newer versions i.e. the facelifted Ritz comes with Dual Horn even in Lxi.

BTW Why don't you ask out for Chrome door handles at aftermarket shops? I have seen them on a Silver Ritz. It looked good and there will be no need of painting them.

EDIT: I checked the brochure of New Ritz, there is no special mention of 'Dual Horn' in the feature list.
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 10:55   #18
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
BTW Why don't you ask out for Chrome door handles at aftermarket shops? I have seen them on a Silver Ritz. It looked good and there will be no need of painting them.

EDIT: I checked the brochure of New Ritz, there is no special mention of 'Dual Horn' in the feature list.
Yes, I will check out for Chrome door handles. They will look much better and easier to fit than paint.

I checked out the brochure on Maruti's official website for the new Ritz. Couldn't find Petrol variants, but when I checked the feature list for the base diesel variant (Ldi), it has a dual horn.
Satshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 11:22   #19
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Quote:
Get the wheels painted or buy a set of alloys if Vitamin-M permits. Get the for handles and B-Pillar also blackened as suggested by others too.
Thanks Anurag. I will surely paint the wheels, B-pillar and the door handles in black color. Will make it more sporty looking!

I am not sure about the paint brand or type to be used to color them, can we use the standard Asian Paints black oil paint or is there one specially to be applied on cars?

Also, how about fitting a rear spoiler, does it gel well enough with the Ritz? I have seen it fitted in some cars, but didn't feel it enhances the looks too much. Please comment.
I think Anurag made a typo in his post. I think he means that get the wheels painted black, B Pillar taped up with black, and GET THE DOOR HANDLES PAINTED IN BODY COLOUR (or get Chrome covers) and NOT IN BLACK. They are already black, what's the use of painting them!

Get the painting work done at a reputed workshop (after market). At MASS, they charge 3000 bucks for painting door handles, ORVMs and Mudflaps.

Yes, the spoiler (standard on New Ritz V and Z models) looks really well with the car and improves the rear and side look to a great extent. But, again, MASS will charge you high for the spoiler. At that price, you can get better designed spoilers from an aftermarket shop.

Have a look at these spoilers: (from Back2Tracks)



Link: Click here for more pics.
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 20:29   #20
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Yes, I will check out for Chrome door handles. They will look much better and easier to fit than paint.

I checked out the brochure on Maruti's official website for the new Ritz. Couldn't find Petrol variants, but when I checked the feature list for the base diesel variant (Ldi), it has a dual horn.
I think there's some problem either with T BHP or my internet connection. This post of yours was not shown here at the time I had posted my last reply here.

Anyway, yes, try to get the chrome ones fitted. Did you like the spoiler I posted above?
And yes, the brochure has Double Horn written under 'Comfort', I rechecked it. I thought it would be written as 'Dual Horn' under 'Safety' heading!
So, FINALLY, L variants get dual horn!
Loud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 23:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
I think there's some problem either with T BHP or my internet connection. This post of yours was not shown here at the time I had posted my last reply here.
There is no problem with your internet or T-BHP. Satshan is a 'Newbie' so the posts appear only after a Moderator has approved it. Till then it is invisible.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 17:22   #22
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Thanks Anurag.

@Loud: Yes, I liked the rear spoiler pic that you have attached in your post. Thanks, will check at the aftermarket shops. Will not go for MASS fitments as they are quite costly.
Satshan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 13:10   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
silverado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai-Pune
Posts: 1,012
Thanked: 636 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Nice to see you here Satshan.

Ritz is the best bet as far as practical and all round hatch is concerned this side of 5lacs.

Hope you spruce up the interiors soon, and simple way would be to get custom fitted seat covers, since you are in Bangy you would have lots of options.

Those after market wheel caps look decent , but i guess there should be better options.

Looking forward to pics from Yercaud.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 15:05   #24
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Hope you spruce up the interiors soon, and simple way would be to get custom fitted seat covers, since you are in Bangy you would have lots of options.

Those after market wheel caps look decent , but i guess there should be better options.

Looking forward to pics from Yercaud.
Thank you Silverado. Yes, I will change the seat covers in sometime. Currently using the black fabric ones fitted at the time of purchase (MGA).

I have changed the wheel caps recently, but to be honest, I didn't get much designs in aftermarket shops. Found these ones somewhat different.
Satshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2013, 15:09   #25
BHPian
 
swami.n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: TN-10
Posts: 252
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Congrats on your Ritz Satshan. It is one of the most practical hatches available. It out scores the swift in most aspects, except the somewhat quirky rear design. Wishing you many more happy miles.

The K series engine is a real gem. I find your FE figures to be on the lower side. My friend's Ritz VXi usually gives 15+ in city and 17-18kmpl in highways. We once got around 20kmpl in the highways with speeds around 70-80kmph. Is Bangalore traffic much worse than chennai's?

Regarding rear space, no car comes close to the trio i20, Vista & Figo in that segment. The i20 and Figo beat the vista in boot space.
The Jazz is better than all of these, but its priced closer to sedans than hatches.

Last edited by swami.n : 14th June 2013 at 15:14.
swami.n is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 17:20   #26
BHPian
 
Loud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 214
Thanked: 167 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
I have changed the wheel caps recently, but to be honest, I didn't get much designs in aftermarket shops. Found these ones somewhat different.
I also think your wheel covers DONT go that well with the car. I would say, get the Swift wheel covers from aftermarket, there are a lot of them available, you just need to be at the right place.

Either you will get full silver ones or black and silver finished. Both these types are very cheap. Last time I got Swift (New Type) wheel covers in silver and black for my Alto in around August 2012, when they costed 600 bucks for silver ones and 800 bucks for black and silver. I bought the latter one.

Attaching one picture (from here) for reference:


Can you enquire about Ritz Power Windows (for both front and rear) the next time to visit a dealership?

Cheers!
Loud is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 23:25   #27
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami.n View Post
Congrats on your Ritz Satshan. It is one of the most practical hatches available. It out scores the swift in most aspects, except the somewhat quirky rear design. Wishing you many more happy miles.

The K series engine is a real gem. I find your FE figures to be on the lower side. My friend's Ritz VXi usually gives 15+ in city and 17-18kmpl in highways. We once got around 20kmpl in the highways with speeds around 70-80kmph. Is Bangalore traffic much worse than chennai's?
Thank you Swami.n. I mostly use my car in Bangalore city driving. Not sure about Chennai traffic as I have never been to Chennai but more or less 13-14 kmpl mileage is what I get. And yes, driving on highways gave me a great mileage as well, but only once when I drove at constant 70-80 kmph and got 21 kmpl
Satshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 23:36   #28
BHPian
 
Satshan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 163
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud View Post
I also think your wheel covers DONT go that well with the car. I would say, get the Swift wheel covers from aftermarket, there are a lot of them available, you just need to be at the right place.

Either you will get full silver ones or black and silver finished. Both these types are very cheap. Last time I got Swift (New Type) wheel covers in silver and black for my Alto in around August 2012, when they costed 600 bucks for silver ones and 800 bucks for black and silver. I bought the latter one.

Can you enquire about Ritz Power Windows (for both front and rear) the next time to visit a dealership?

Cheers!
@Loud: I have brought the new wheel caps of the same brand (Prigan) that shows in your attached picture. These seem to be of better quality than other cheap ones. These costed Rs.750/- for a set of four. I will checkout for Swift wheel covers from aftermarket shops.

I will enquire about the Ritz power windows and let you know.

Since I want to paint my rims to black color, do you know if we can use the standard oil paint (black color) from hardware shops or is there a one specially to be applied on cars?
Satshan is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2013, 23:52   #29
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,371
Thanked: 13,345 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
I will enquire about the Ritz power windows and let you know.

Since I want to paint my rims to black color, do you know if we can use the standard oil paint (black color) from hardware shops or is there a one specially to be applied on cars?
Are you trying to retrofit power windows on your LXi? I guess it is not advisable and possible. Such fitments must cone stock from factory. The workmanship and reliability will be low if retrofit.

Painting the wheels black is it Satshan? Get it done from a body painting booth guy with the correct one. Normal hardware shop paint may chip off and fade due to the heat generated during driving and braking. Powder coat the wheels, Matte black I mean.

Cheers,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2013, 18:05   #30
BHPian
 
alexpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London-Kochi
Posts: 71
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: My Silver Maruti Ritz: Ownership Experience

If you are planning to install power windows then its better to do it from MASS center. I have ritz ldi and I installed front power windows only from MASS during the second service. Cost me 5600 incl service/fitting charges ( in 2010) . See below pics . Front driver and passenger side .
Attached Thumbnails
My Silver Maruti Ritz (Petrol) : Ownership Experience-192.jpg  

Attached Images
 
alexpaul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My experience with Petrol Pump Fraud - And the silver lining PuntoMania Street Experiences 73 13th August 2017 10:23
My Silver Bulldog - SX4 ZXI VVT Petrol - one year ownership review FrankMartin Long-Term Ownership Reviews 3 9th June 2011 22:24
Maruti Suzuki Ritz Vxi Silky Silver 1200 km done thamban Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 30 20th September 2010 19:47
Why Swift Petrol is costlier than Ritz Petrol ? mithun The Indian Car Scene 25 11th January 2010 11:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks