Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 12:39   #151
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

OOOOOO!!! Goody you found the XDS setting. I looked for it for a while then gave up. :-) Will enable it and try it out. IF its anything like the VRS, the car will be a hoot to drive!

Also see if you can locate the EPS coding where you can change the steering feel.

Also I've huge complaints about the brakes in the car. Then it clicked.. digital car, digital brakes, as in no connection between brake pedal and brake master cylinder. Brake pedal connected to a digital signal generator that goes to brake master cylinder!! Its like drive by wire/electronic throttle. Think of it as brake by wire.. This is why the brakes lack any feel. Whatever 'feel' you get is the stupid feedback from the controller, like a force feedback game pedals.. GEEZUS!
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2013, 21:21   #152
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Did you get your exhaust... eagerly WAITING!!! :-)
Might get carried away and replace the rear silence with something louder just to hear the motor..lol
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2013, 20:31   #153
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Did you get your exhaust... eagerly WAITING!!! :-) Might get carried away and replace the rear silence with something louder just to hear the motor..lol
Unfortunately not. Spoke with Peter and he has been in touch with the supersprint guys. The cat back is ready but has quite a bit of drone while they are still working on the downpipe. So its going to be a long wait. Hope its worth the wait though. But soon I am getting a few other updates. What about your cluster? Did you manage to install it?
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 17:32   #154
BHPian
 
santoshr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Pune
Posts: 165
Thanked: 107 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Fitted the Philips Silver Vision indicator bulbs . The headlamp cluster looks clean now without the orange indicator bulbs. I bought the bulbs from powerbulbs.com, they had a 20% discount and free shipping offer. It took exactly 6 days for delivery.
Did you replace the rear indicator lights as well ?
Did you test out the OSram diadem lights as well, which one did you finally zero in on.

I own a Rapid which more or less runs on the same platform as the Polo and so the light fitment shouldn't be very different. I believe the Rapid should have "PY21W (581)" as well.

Last edited by santoshr : 23rd September 2013 at 17:43.
santoshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:58   #155
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Unfortunately not. Spoke with Peter and he has been in touch with the supersprint guys. The cat back is ready but has quite a bit of drone while they are still working on the downpipe. So its going to be a long wait. Hope its worth the wait though. But soon I am getting a few other updates. What about your cluster? Did you manage to install it?
Nopes.. no luck with the cluster. Sitting in my glove compartment. Service dept is being real *******s saying that they cant install it as it wasnt procured through them. Have escalated to VW India, lets see if they are equally worse. Weird thing is my Skoda dealer is ready to install stuff, just that they dont have access to VW SKC database, only Skoda.

Only option is to now wait for Sugesh to get the SW he was talking about and fingers crossed.

I've given up on the exhaust for now. I'm just planning a rear muffler upgrade (straight thru) to give the car a bit more noise. Am sitting on the fence on coilovers right now. Hate the stock suspension but am scared to get it changed due to the comfort levels. Arush@Autopsyche has a set of BC Racing coilovers ready for me. Just need to man up and make up my mind to get them.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:12   #156
BHPian
 
himanshu_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 233
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post

Nopes.. no luck with the cluster. Sitting in my glove compartment. Service dept is being real *******s saying that they cant install it as it wasnt procured through them. Have escalated to VW India, lets see if they are equally worse. Weird thing is my Skoda dealer is ready to install stuff, just that they dont have access to VW SKC database, only Skoda.

Only option is to now wait for Sugesh to get the SW he was talking about and fingers crossed.

I've given up on the exhaust for now. I'm just planning a rear muffler upgrade (straight thru) to give the car a bit more noise. Am sitting on the fence on coilovers right now. Hate the stock suspension but am scared to get it changed due to the comfort levels. Arush@Autopsyche has a set of BC Racing coilovers ready for me. Just need to man up and make up my mind to get them.
How about KW Street comfort coilovers? I have come across excellent reviews for the same on international forums. I too wanted to lower my ride, slightly stiffer while not losing much on comfort. They might be a bit more expensive and better imported from the UK/ Germany personally as PJ Speed Shop gave me a quote nearby 1.5L.
himanshu_j is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 22:30   #157
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post

How about KW Street comfort coilovers? I have come across excellent reviews for the same on international forums. I too wanted to lower my ride, slightly stiffer while not losing much on comfort. They might be a bit more expensive and better imported from the UK/ Germany personally as PJ Speed Shop gave me a quote nearby 1.5L.
The street comforts are an excellent set. Arush has them on his laura tsi and the ride is even better than stock, and miles ahead of the bilstiens. However they are softer, so there is a bit of compromise on the insane handling of the B14s. Lets see they are a real good option, but will let the euro to INR fall a bit more befor going that way. 1.5 is a lot considering I paild half that for my b14s.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2013, 01:41   #158
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
Did you replace the rear indicator lights as well ?
Did you test out the OSram diadem lights as well, which one did you finally zero in on.

I own a Rapid which more or less runs on the same platform as the Polo and so the light fitment shouldn't be very different. I believe the Rapid should have "PY21W (581)" as well.
No I haven't changed the rear indicator lights as I am planning to replace the entire rear light cluster to the GTi one. I haven't tested the Osram diadem as I found the Philips Silver Vision to be better atleast look wise.

The fitment in Polo/Vento/Rapid/Fabia should be the same and pretty straight forward.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 16:36   #159
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 485 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Robi, you have done an excellent amount of mods in your GT. The interiors are really well done.

I would recommend going for the MAXI DOT display. But I suppose you have already thought of it. Found the below online which I suppose will be perfect fit.
http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...category_id=70
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2013, 19:40   #160
BHPian
 
prithwi-81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 677
Thanked: 919 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Robi, you have done an excellent amount of mods in your GT. The interiors are really well done.

I would recommend going for the MAXI DOT display. But I suppose you have already thought of it. Found the below online which I suppose will be perfect fit.
http://vagtune.in/index.php?option=c...category_id=70
Wont work without VW doing the installation. Meaning you cant do it yourself as the immobilizer is part of the cluster and only vw can do the coding of the new cluster to your ecu and key. As of now, no VW dealer is willing to do it, even for a fee.
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 14:43   #161
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Wont work without VW doing the installation. Meaning you cant do it yourself as the immobilizer is part of the cluster and only vw can do the coding of the new cluster to your ecu and key. As of now, no VW dealer is willing to do it, even for a fee.
Sugesh (vagtune) has done it on his polo tsi. I am sure he has some good contacts with VW Kochi and also VW asks for a letter stating that warranty is forfeited upon fitting the cluster from the owner.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:40   #162
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 784
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Took polo TSI to NICE roads to check the high speeds stability.
Car was stable but if there are any undulations on road it does not inspire confidence.

Do you recommend Bilstein b6 suspension for the same?
Will it be a stiffer suspension?

Give us a detailed review.

Asking this as i was quoted 60k.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 16:09   #163
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 354
Thanked: 157 Times
Default

Was good to meet you, both your cars look great.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:34   #164
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Was good to meet you, both your cars look great.
It was nice meeting you as well. See that you have GTa5 in your profile pic, been playing it myself. Awesome fun.
robimahanta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2013, 20:13   #165
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 609
Thanked: 1,543 Times
Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Minor update:

Car has done 3500KMs and I have been driving it much more than the Laura these days. The convenience of an automatic and a hatchback in Bangalore traffic in unparalleled.

Got the GTi tail lamps installed.

Close up
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi-polotail.jpg

Together
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi-polotail2.jpg

NB: The reverse light has shifted now from the left to the right though.
robimahanta is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop! VW Polo TSI spotted testing in India *UPDATE* Fresh Scoop pics on Pg.15 sarthakgupta The Indian Car Scene 441 25th April 2013 12:26
Volkswagen Jetta TSI (petrol) spotted. Could be a 1.4L TSI? Y@SH The Indian Car Scene 133 30th June 2012 15:34
VW Passat 1.8 TSI Vs Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI ivar1951 The Indian Car Scene 21 14th April 2010 19:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks