Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th June 2014, 01:57   #256
BHPian

^^ you have stated the merits/advantages but could you also kindly state the de-merits/disadvantages of...

1. removing the CAT
2. raising the boost

thanks.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 11:16   #257
BHPian

Default Re: VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
^^ you have stated the merits/advantages but could you also kindly state the de-merits/disadvantages of...

1. removing the CAT
2. raising the boost

thanks.
Fuel efficiency could take a hit and I believe the exhaust note would be throatier/more pronounced growl.

Robi - did you end up retrofitting the auto-lights switch and sensor? I'm interested in this and possibly enabling cornering lights.
shefiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 15:06   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
I donít understand how it can become less as the car runs in ; can you please elaborate on that !
In my Vento TSI the incidence of the jerking, thumping has reduced as the car has run. Now maybe this is because of components bedding in or because I'm driving it better - I'm not sure but it happens a lot less than when it was new.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 16:17   #259
BHPian

Sorry guys I have not been able to update the thread for a while as work has been crazy last couple of months. Anyway, the exhaust testing by Pete's is over and I should get the entire exhaust system updated in a couple of weeks time. The new exhaust is a manufactured by Automech and the sound as well as power bump is very nice. After a fresh remap the power is up to 140hp with a nice growl.

The car is over a year old and its been a pleasure driving it. I guess I have reached a dead end with the modifications though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Fuel efficiency could take a hit and I believe the exhaust note would be throatier/more pronounced growl.

Robi - did you end up retrofitting the auto-lights switch and sensor? I'm interested in this and possibly enabling cornering lights.

Shefiu, I have decided against it as I did not want to fit the aftermarket sensor. The OE sensor is an option but installing it is a pain. There is a risk of damaging the windshield.
As for cornering lights, I need to install the AFS module and upgrade the BCM. Sugesh (Vagtune) is testing it on his Tsi and once it is sorted out, I will get mine.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2014, 10:48   #260
BHPian

I guess if one was going through the hassle of OEM, might as well retrofit both the Auto Lights and Auto Wiper sensors together.

If you don't mind, could you provide the part numbers for the Xenon headlights as well as any additional wiring/modules you needed for the xenon retrofit?

Also part numbers for the AFS module and BCM for cornering lights would also help.

Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2014, 12:18   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Sorry guys I have not been able to update the thread for a while as work has been crazy last couple of months. Anyway, the exhaust testing by Pete's is over and I should get the entire exhaust system updated in a couple of weeks time. The new exhaust is a manufactured by Automech and the sound as well as power bump is very nice. After a fresh remap the power is up to 140hp with a nice growl.

The car is over a year old and its been a pleasure driving it. I guess I have reached a dead end with the modifications though .

Shefiu, I have decided against it as I did not want to fit the aftermarket sensor. The OE sensor is an option but installing it is a pain. There is a risk of damaging the windshield.
As for cornering lights, I need to install the AFS module and upgrade the BCM. Sugesh (Vagtune) is testing it on his Tsi and once it is sorted out, I will get mine.
From what Peter told me, the remap will not be needed. Just install dp n ur current map is good to go.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:34   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
I guess if one was going through the hassle of OEM, might as well retrofit both the Auto Lights and Auto Wiper sensors together.

If you don't mind, could you provide the part numbers for the Xenon headlights as well as any additional wiring/modules you needed for the xenon retrofit?

Also part numbers for the AFS module and BCM for cornering lights would also help.

Thanks!
The headlamp part number is 6R1941031C. Its made by Valeo in Spain. The ballast is a Mitsubishi one and uses D3S xenon bulbs. The highline BCM part number is 1K0937078R. Ask Sugesh from Vagtune.in or get the part numbers from carsysstems.pl / cars-equipment.com.

The GTi Xenon install in our Polo's involves lot of wiring and VCDS coding. It is definitely not an easy DIY especially if it involves AFS and BCM swap.

Just back from a 1400KM trip across the Western Ghats. The car performed brilliantly. Looking forward to getting the exhaust system upgraded next weeek to double the fun .
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi-_dsm0139.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi-_dsm0144.jpg  

VW Polo GT 1.2L TSi: The baby TSi-_dsm0141.jpg  

robimahanta is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:26   #263
BHPian

Hey,
Good to see you making full utilisation of the GT. What's the current odo reading?
dean5545 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 04:15   #264
BHPian

car looking great... like the subtle styling with the badges. did you get the I for the gt on the back from the removed tsi. I plan to do that or might order a gti badge for the back to go with the gti grill.
rana_kirti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 09:59   #265
BHPian

Prithwi's and your car are competing with each other on looks as well as performance

Thanks for the info Robi, I'll try to reach out to Sugesh to see if I could get a detailed parts list.
Old 27th June 2014, 11:03   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Time for an update:

Next, is the Maxidot instrument cluster which integrates nicely with the BT module and the RCD510 system. Its not the blue line one and looks exactly the same as the stock cluster but it has a analog oil temp (which is missing in the stock polo) and fuel gauge. The whole setup with the chrome lined dials gives an upmarket feel to the cabin.
Finally, dimming/heated ORVMs with LED turn indicators

The car next to the beach
Superb Polo Mate! its no more a polo but a Super Polo!

can you PM me the dot matrix instrument cluster cost please? Did you DIY this ? and VCDS coding involved?

Also, RCD 510 - you using 9w7 or 9w2 BT module?

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th July 2014 at 12:31. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
newtonMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 12:11   #267
BHPian

I am really loving your headlights bro.. any chance we can do the install without the auto leveling feature and use the manual leveling instead?
prithwi-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 12:35   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Superb Polo Mate! its no more a polo but a Super Polo!

can you PM me the dot matrix instrument cluster cost please? Did you DIY this ? and VCDS coding involved?

Also, RCD 510 - you using 9w7 or 9w2 BT module?
The cluster was sourced from Vagtune.in, it was installed at the VW service centre as it required VW server access for immobilizer codes. But nowadays I believe Sugesh from Vagtune.in is installing it without VW support as he got the necessary hardware and software for it. Its not a straight forward DIY.

Thanks Nm, I am using the 9w7part number 7P6 035 730. The 9wZ supports rSAP text messaging but it doesn't work with an iphone. The difference in price isn't much though.

9w2 is however the most basic BT module, it doesn't support phone book in cluster and many other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
I am really loving your headlights bro.. any chance we can do the install without the auto leveling feature and use the manual leveling instead?
Yes its possible, though the leveling knob inside the car is non functional. There are knobs on the lamp itself with which the leveling can be done. I have not installed the auto leveling yet. The wiring for the OEM lamp is very complicated though. I believe you will need someone with sound knowledge of the wiring to get it installed, otherwise it is easy to mess it up.

The after market one made with original parts is a plug and play though. But its not compatible for AFS.

Last edited by robimahanta : 27th June 2014 at 12:53.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2014, 14:27   #269
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Nm, I am using the 9w7part number 7P6 035 730. The 9wZ supports rSAP text messaging but it doesn't work with an iphone. The difference in price isn't much though.
Where it gets a tad confusing is there are different revisions of this part - 7P6 035 730 M, N, P the P revision being the latest and about 1000 INR price difference between them. Not sure what the newer variants bring to the table.

Quote:

Yes its possible, though the leveling knob inside the car is non functional. There are knobs on the lamp itself with which the leveling can be done. I have not installed the auto leveling yet. The wiring for the OEM lamp is very complicated though. I believe you will need someone with sound knowledge of the wiring to get it installed, otherwise it is easy to mess it up.

The after market one made with original parts is a plug and play though. But its not compatible for AFS.
Yes from what I've read online it is quite complicated and you need someone who is really well versed. I guess it would also make sense to have all parts to do the retrofit in one-shot, and yeah its not very cheap!
Old 27th June 2014, 18:02   #270
BHPian

Robi Sir, I have been following this thread right from August last year. The way you have done up the car is absolutely fabulous. Keep it coming. Looking forward to see this beast in person someday.

Regards
Suraj
psuraj is offline   Reply With Quote